Looking to move to Mexico between Campeche & Sabancuy. Anyone there?

we can exchange personal e-mail address if that is ok with you........

Sure that would be great!  What is yours and I will send you an email.

mine is [email protected]

thanks...got it...will email you shorty.

John
Any updates on the lots???

We are all still waiting.......

I hate to be a wet blanket, but have you spent any extended time here in Mexico ? Have you talked to people who have, especially people who have lived near where you intend to go ?

I just returned from a trip that included the area you are talking about. The water is pretty the beach is white, but there is little beach. The two towns you would depend on would be Cd del Carmen with a Walmart and Champoton. The locals in Cd. Del Carmen absolutely hate Americans thanks to the oil companies. Champoton is small and not well supplied. So that means your main source would be where I live Campeche 30 miles away.

Just a heads up.

You are waiting for an update or waiting to build???

We have been there 4 times.  We appreciate the input and have enjoyed the time we spent there as well as Campeche.  The comment about the oil companies is illogical as all the oil is currently controlled by the Mexican government.

Plumislander wrote:

We have been there 4 times.  We appreciate the input and have enjoyed the time we spent there as well as Campeche.  The comment about the oil companies is illogical as all the oil is currently controlled by the Mexican government.

I believe that travellight was referring to the foreign contractors to PEMEX rather than 'oil companies.'

You are correct joaquinx,
The oil people working there are mostly Texans , but there are other lic. plates. I suggest you read "Yucatan living "they did an article on the town and the animosity there. I am aware of Pemex, I buy gas here. i am also aware of this:  http://www.cnbc.com/id/101269287. "Mexico's lower house of Congress gave general approval to historic legislation that would open the state-run oil industry to private investment".

We all are waiting for the building permits to be approved.......without that we can't start anything.......

Well all, I've been in the thick of this since February. it seems that the project was really not well planned but the developers are also deep into it and determined to make it work. I only went through Del Carment once so i can't comment. definetly solitude on them their beaches.  Ask yourself why are you thinking of the change. Cost of land? good choice; Away from snow? good choice. I'd say 10 years after the first home before it starts to grow with retail. You won't need hundreds of feet of sand between you and the water. If you look at Cancun photos back in the day it was worse than this. I'm now rebuilding an urban colonial in Merida because that is a good investment. So much that i'm shopping for home two to rebuild.
If you are going to be an expat who expects 7/11, home depot and the mexicans to learn your language you will not like it. You want the mexicans to learn english when they come to the US and Canada.  With a little effort on your part you will find value in the food and huge hearts in the Mexicans.  At least i have so far.
True enough the Sanbacuy area is tranquill to say the least. This is your chance to find yourself away from the insanity.
be well

Ed, Email me at [email protected].  I would like to know what you are being told by Merida Realty.
john Mavris

Hi
I purchased a lot of land from Merida Realty, Can you please let me know what you are being told. Are you ready to build now?
John

John: this is Eddy from Vancouver....remember me...??????.....what is going on...????.....I have talked to Albert from Merida Realty and the last news was that probably by the end of this month the will have the permits on their hands......you are a big investor in the area........what have you being told....??????

Bob from Massachusetts. Eddy's neighbor in Borq III. Glad I came upon this site. It's good to know we can all keep in touch because there is strength in numbers> I have been blogging with others on another site (scam.com/showthread.php?t=152280) which are becoming more more skeptical about being able to build because for the last two yrs they having been told the same story over and over. Talking with Alberto he really believes that building will happen,,  I have my fingers crossed that he is right. But Semarnat has a lot of hurdles to jump over before that can happen. So I am hopeful that by March we will have the approval. I have the environmental impact study from the one that was done last summer if any one is interested> Not trying to be a buzz kill, just trying to keep all in the loop.

Good to hear from you Bob........let me give you my personal e-mail [email protected] might be easier to communicate this way...........lets keep in touch.........cheers.......Eddy

Hi Eddy,

I have yours, if you need mine , let me know. I posted on this site just to be in the loop of what is happening and let others folks know what I know.
cheers, Bob

Its up to you Bob. I have the names and e-mail from many investors. I strongly believe that if we all work together the chances to have our investment in Mexico to be successful will have greater chances........lets hope for the best.....

This posting might be of interest to those who want to visit. Lost coast

Any news on building yet?
Nobody is answering the phone at Merida Realty
We're in Boq lll  (5 lots )

Just received this update from Alberto.....My fingers are still crossed.

In regards to the building plans, we submit an environmental impact study last year, which had to be re-done. Now, in the following 10 days we will resubmit. This will be the third time and it looks that we finally got all the guidelines covered. We are already working with projects with some investors, who are willing to start building immediately when we get the studies approved. We expect to brake the ground during this spring. The government has 60 days to answer, but we hope this to be resolved sooner. All in short words, when all of this goes well and on time we could start building before this summer of 2014.

"Next I am a pay it forward kind of guy. I would like to do something to help teach ethics and trades to misfortuned adults and to help direct their children to an education. "

As someone who lives close to the area, I would hope that you rethink this idea. Once here you will find the locals have their own brand of honor and ethics that is quite solid. They also have their avenues for caring for those who are less advantaged. Work within the culture and the system and you will be okay. Come in to change their ways to your ways and you will not. The gated community where the elite live has produced problems of late. It can also create problems for those living near by which might be me , so I have an interest.

It sounds to me that travellight doesn't want any expats living in the area.....except for himself> Why be a hater.

travellight wrote:

"Next I am a pay it forward kind of guy. I would like to do something to help teach ethics and trades to misfortuned adults and to help direct their children to an education. "

As someone who lives close to the area, I would hope that you rethink this idea. Once here you will find the locals have their own brand of honor and ethics that is quite solid. They also have their avenues for caring for those who are less advantaged. Work within the culture and the system and you will be okay. Come in to change their ways to your ways and you will not. The gated community where the elite live has produced problems of late. It can also create problems for those living near by which might be me , so I have an interest.

I appears that no one will heed your advise. So, as two residence Mexico, we can sit by and watch this unfold. I might even come by and watch. Better than football.

"as two residence Mexico, we can sit by and watch this unfold. I might even come by and watch. Better than football."

Yep, apparently experience and actually living here is not important. I can't help but wonder if the Boston "hater" or clutch1956 would appreciate someone  suggesting that he needed ethics lessons. Come on by and we will watch the locals deal with the rude American imports.

"This posting might be of interest to those who want to visit. Lost coast"

:) Thanks for posting this Joaquinx.
My experience wasn't quite that bad, but it does sound quite similar. Barren and hostile for the most part. At a gas station in the area an attendant had quite a laugh with his friend deliberately running gas down the side of my car in a suggestive manner. I was relieved to get back to Campeche where another gas attendant noticed the gas spill and cleaned it up. Definitely no welcome mat. Anyone coming in with a fix the natives attitude might get a rude awakening, or maybe they will live off the manufactured dream for awhile.

Who said anything about coming down there and trying to change their ways or fix anything ?? I need ethics lesson...why is that? Did something get said? Did i miss something? Sound to me like there are already rude people there. So when you said "Rethink this idea" are your saying that no one should build in that area because the people doesn't want anyone there?>
I doubt that most of us that invested would consider themselves as being "Elites" or going there to change things, and probably welcomes a little different culture.

If you got experience and some input in the area I believe that folks wouldn't mind hearing, but to say rethink, doesn't help much.

clutch1956 wrote:

Who said anything about coming down there and trying to change their ways or fix anything ?? I need ethics lesson...why is that? Did something get said? Did i miss something? Sound to me like there are already rude people there.

Yes, you missed something as this was mentioned early in this thread. Go back to page one and read it. P.S. it wasn't referring to you.

The comment in quotation marks indicates the quote you don't care for was from one of your fellow posters. Someone who wanted to come down and teach the locals things like ethics. My suggestion to rethink that was in regard to the statement in quotes. It would probably be helpful if you reread the posts....   Bueno suerte

Well excuse me. I wouldn't have thought that you would be replying now, to a post from 3 months ago. 
Espero verte pronto

While I don't think we want huge resorts all up and down this coast line, Cancun in the 70s>http://gringationcancun.com/2011/06/06/ … the-1970s/

but if they allow building i'm sure a few hundred homes would help to bring small stores and jobs to support them.

Anyone up to date with what's going on?

According to Alberto, the final the environmental impact study has been submitted for Boqueron 1.  The government has 60 days to reply.  Then building should begin.

A question for any of you who check this blog - How do you pay your property taxes?

I have visited the lots for sale in Sabancuy. I personally walked the beaches with my family. We toured the entire Yucatan Peninsula. We chose not to purchase due to several reasons; the lots are not near any town (not even close and the stated travel times to nearby towns are exaggerated), the building process is extremely slow, the mosquitoes from the standing water in the lagoon nearby are unbelievable. My children would have been miserable from the mosquito bites. We were there for approximately one hour and we suffered for weeks. It has been just under two years since we looked at the lots. They were selling for $35,000.00 back then. I see that they are up to $85,000.00 now. It may be a good investment if you purchase and then hold on to it for a few years and then resale but you will have to sell someone that dream. I will say that the beach is very beautiful. There were starfish right on the oceans edge. We took some beautiful pictures there. I enjoy scuba diving and the scuba diving is minimal/poor on the Gulf Coast side so I am looking at a place on the eastern side of the Yucatan Peninsula.

We send the tax payment to our lawyer in Mexico along with the cooperation fee > Then he sends us the paper work that all has been paid.

sorry, misspelled.......corporation fee

Hi
Its been a while since you blogged. Do you have that dream home or are you still waiting for the long awaited phantom permits. Of all the land with lines of people wanting to build , according to semarnat records it appears there is only on lot submitted for permits.