Legal rights for de facto wives

Can anyone please explain to me what rights a de facto Filipina wife has in the Philippines?

I'm considering a move to the Philippines from Australia to stay there permanently and the woman I would live with doesn't particularly want to get married.

I want to protect her, financially, obviously if she is my life partner, but if we don't get married what protection does she have?

Thanks in advance!

I know if you were a American and had a child and registered it  as a U.S. citizen. It could get S.S. survivers benefits. On your death.   You can leave a trust fund to her from your bank or investments as well. Paid to a Philippine bank to her account here. Or the child's account here.   What comes in a year to it a year in monthly payments to her.

Thanks, James. I'm an Australian, so I'll check what applies here.

I'll assume that if there is realty involved in Philippines I can will it to my de facto as an individual rather than as a wife or de facto.t.

I could probably also assume that as it's the Philippines if she walked out, she would probably not be entitled to anything as a de fac

Hello. I agree with the comment of James Mitchel. He is right. And Im the one who is searching for a long term relationship with having a happy family peace and quiet. No Stress and Nothing weird about it. I am single mom with 2 kids. I'm 35 years old and living in Manila. I'm working as Housemaid. If you are interested please email me at rica.quibral(at)yahoo(dot)com. Bye. Have a great day. Muah!

That I think can be very tricky here.    As a guest here until you become a resident. Takes a year.  You can not get utilities in your name, rent many places etc.  So much is in her name here.  And were you live. Like how much family she has in the area?    Or you can rent some places were all is in the landlords name and you pay him with just your name on all. So be careful how you set up here that first year.  Might be ahead renting a condo or such with expat connections with it.    I do hear of were the lady just moves in 2 or 3 uncles and you are told to sleep in the street.  What goes o behind closed doors can happen.   Or little lady's in tears because the man kicked her out and left her with her name on things and no way to pay. So be careful about all there.

James Mitchel wrote:

That I think can be very tricky here.    As a guest here until you become a resident. Takes a year.  You can not get utilities in your name, rent many places etc.  So much is in her name here.  And were you live. Like how much family she has in the area?    Or you can rent some places were all is in the landlords name and you pay him with just your name on all. So be careful how you set up here that first year.  Might be ahead renting a condo or such with expat connections with it.    I do hear of were the lady just moves in 2 or 3 uncles and you are told to sleep in the street.  What goes o behind closed doors can happen.   Or little lady's in tears because the man kicked her out and left her with her name on things and no way to pay. So be careful about all there.

Thank you for your reply. I see there is much to consider. She has no family there. Her parents live a distance away and have their own house. It seems it may be best to do things through an ex-pat. That's good advice I hadn't thought of.

hello friend im Ahmad originally from Jordan but i live in Australia for three years i just recently  get my citizenship i hope to be friend

Hi Ozfreddie, ide facto wife is not recognized here in the philippines. if you die without marrying her, your estate under the philippine laws will go to your nearest relative by consaguinity. if you are interested to become phil cits, you may marry a filipina... or you can do business here and avail of non-fiscal incentiives from certain govt agencies.