Looking for places to visit

My family just moved in to Ho Chi Minh 2 weeks ago. Can anyone suggest a good place to visit in HCM? within a modest budget. Have just been to Benh Thanh Market and Saigon Square already. Thanks.

I suggest you go around farther than HCM city for sightseeing, the city is modern city that good for shopping and food.
Do you see Water puppetry ("puppets that dance on water")? it in museum in HCM city

Hi there, have you visited yet the Center Post Office on Cong Xa Paris street, this building is built by France in 1886. At here, there is a old man, he is a letter writer, very long years ago, there is few people can read or write, they ask him for writing letters and the letter writer still there, it is a story, you could talk to him to understand history of Vietnam.

I think your family can walk around downtown Saigon (District 1). With so many attractions there like (Opera House, Ben Thanh Market, Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral,. War Remnants Museum ...). And, you should "haggle," any items that you buy on the street .. Most of all, it is cheap and not spend too much cost . they sell more expensive than normal on the street . If you have a penchant for food you can enjoy "street food" here " foody.vn/ho-chi-minh/quan-an-tai-quan-1 "...:.. Or visit the pub  street in the center of city at "Bui Vien Street"

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions. Well noted.

Have a nice stay.

Nothing much to do here in HCM city really. If you have time then why not travel down to Vung Tau? It's about 2 hours by bus or ferry. But I don't think the ferry services are available right now? I'm not too sure about that. Vung Tau is quite a nice place to visit with a nice beach and beautiful scenery. Great seafood too. Have a great stay!

We saw a traditional Vietnamese music performance that was really excellent. It's at Phuong Bao Music shop, on Nguyen Thi Minh Khai. Ph +84 8 836 4725 They do charge a fee, but I'm not sure what it would be. You can call them to find out. These are real musicians (many are students of Master Musician Phuong Bao) who are very skilled at playing the various traditional instruments. This is the only place we've found anything like it. Good luck and welcome to Viet Nam!