Job market in Spain???

Job market in Paris???

Hi all

Just wondering what the job market is like in Spain for English-only speaking Aussie if I get a working visa?

Just curious to see if
1 - I need Spain, or English is acceptable
2 - If there is any jobs to be had?

My experience is admin but I am happy to take what I can get!

Connie

Unless you work on line from home for an English or Aussie company, you do definitely need Spanish.

There are possibly jobs working as a nanny or similar for an English speaking family or perhaps working in an English run bar, but you would need to learn Spanish quickly where ever you work.

(Moderated: Inappropriate posting)

The job market in Spain at present is pritty bad with really high unemployment of over 50% for people up to mid 20's or even early 30's.many of the younger people competing for jobs are bilingual unless your heading for a large city such as Madrid or Barcelona I would think finding work could be tricky

What is the market like for native English teachers? Not a nanny but to work in an actual school.

There are a lot of work for English teachers, the best thing when you come is to go to a interchange lenguage bar and meet English teacher i normally go to jj cafee and books in madrid the street espiritu santo

Hi

If you want to work in the tourist industry or teach english then you may have some possibility.
Job market is very competitive as over 25% unemployment in Spain currently.

For any other roles you will need to have a good understanding of Spanish.

Take a look at my personal blog. I write about Life in Andalusia www.piccavey.com

Kind regards from Granada
Molly

Thanks for your reply - is there many jobs with English families or bars that you mention? I have heard it is really difficult to find work in general is this true?

Thank you. So it would not be recommended to come on a working visa at the moment....?

Is this TESOL certificate? Is this the best option to find work?

Thank you, I will have a look. Would you recommend now as a bad time for a working visa holiday?

Another option is working as an "auxiliar de conversación" or language assistant through the Spanish ministry of education. You would work with the school's English language teacher. You can find information on the government web site. They provide you with a work visa.

The unemployment level in Spain is over 26% so prospects aren't good especially if you don't speak Spanish.  Unemployment is at 57.7% among Spanish young people and there are long lines outside the employment offices of those seeking any kind of work. But do try the above suggestion to apply as an assistant to an English teacher. Good luck.

From what I read you need to have university degree - which I don't :(

piccavey wrote:

Hi

If you want to work in the tourist industry or teach english then you may have some possibility.
Job market is very competitive as over 25% unemployment in Spain currently.

For any other roles you will need to have a good understanding of Spanish.

Take a look at my personal blog. I write about Life in Andalusia www.piccavey.com

Kind regards from Granada
Molly

Hi there Molly

My name is Laura, and I've only just joined this site. It looks pretty good.

I just love your website. Really informative Molly.

I am a 42 year old single lady, looking to make the move to Spain. Not sure where as of yet, possibly Granada, Alicante, Marbella - wherever the work is to be honest - you have to be practical.

I finished my Masters in Tourism Management 2 years ago. My passion is tourism. I actually guided excursions to Granada and the Alhambra Palace when I worked for Thomson Holidays 1995-2005. I actually worked in both resorts of Mojacar and Roquetas back in 1995/1996, and I just love the Andalucia region.

Anyway, I'll get to the point Molly. Can you give me some advice; tips; hints etc. as regards my move please?

It is a big step, but I have no family left now after my Mum passed away 2 years ago. I just have my little dog!*!! So it seems about the right time to bite the bullet and go for it.

Anyway, I didn't mean to write an essay!!!

Bye for now Molly,

Regards
Laura