Portuguese Classes In Sao Paulo

Hi Everyone,
I'm moving to Sao Paulo in a couple of weeks and I really want to go to Portuguese lessons.
I'm finding it hard to find any resonably priced classes.
Can anyone help? Have you been to classes in Sampa or recommend a school?
Any help, most appreciated.
Thanks
Helen

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Helen!

Maybe you could try posting an advert in the classes section of Sao Paulo classifieds.
It might be helpful!

Regards
Armand

Hey Helen, I could help you!
I'm fluent in english(british english) and could help you with portuguese. I'm from São Paulo.
If you want it, contact me here or by e-mail.
See you!

Hi dear.
How are you?
I give private classes in SP and great SP.
When are you coming to Brazil?

Daniel

I'm studying at a university here (FAAP). The next term starts in July and it's quite pricey, but for 5 months it has definitely been worth it. I've learnt a lot.

Let me know if you want to know anymore about the course, price, etc.

Hi Andy! Can you please share more details please? I am looking for classes too..

Here's a link to the uni.

faap.br/english/home/second.asp

Dear Helen,

I recommend you to start searching for free lessons online, one website that helped me a lot before arriving in Brazil is: livemocha.com, there you can chat with native citizens, gives you a basic grammar and ABC daily life essentials.

All the best
Rami

Hello,

I am Brazilian, I live in Brazil. I'm not sure if you have found a teacher, but I'm gonna share my blog in case you need. I give online lessons and but I can also help with suggestions about other teachers. Informations and tips can be found here 

www.versaobrasileira.blog.br

Até mais! ;)

Hi Helen,
I am Brazilian and moved back from London to Sao Paulo last Saturday. I lived in London for more than 9 years. I could not give tips about schools but to help you out and to help me out maybe we could became mates and exchange languages skills??
I don't want to loose my English and we could help each other out sometimes drinking a beer and having chats half Portuguese and half English. By the way, I am looking for friends that speak English in Sao Paulo. xx

Visiting Sao Paulo for Exhibition at Trans Amercia Expo Center.
Need Translator speaking Portugese and English for 2 days from 23 to 24 April 2014
Person required to come to Expo Center and Leave for Expo Center. Willing to pay fees for Daily translation services.

Please send email to [email protected] if interested

apollovoyages wrote:

Visiting Sao Paulo for Exhibition at Trans Amercia Expo Center.
Need Translator speaking Portugese and English for 2 days from 23 to 24 April 2014
Person required to come to Expo Center and Leave for Expo Center. Willing to pay fees for Daily translation services.

Please send email to [email protected] if interested

Just saw this right now. Sorry I didn't see it sooner. Hope you found your translator and your event went great.