Fun, friendly clubs in Oslo

I moved here in august 2013 and have fallen into the habit of just going to work and then the gym and then home.... Would love to find something to do in the evenings or at weekends. Love music (playing in a big band/ windband) and sports but struggling to find amateur clubs where I could make new friends. Any suggestions would be welcomed :)

Hello and welcome to Oslo,

Norway is not always the easiest place to make friends. I get the impression there are lots of clubs around but I'm not sure what the best way to get in touch with them is. I suppose if you have a particular sport in mind you could search for a club. Language classes are also a nice way to meet new people, since you meet people who are in a similar situation.

David

I have a language class through work so therefore it is just with people I work with anyway unfortunately!
It is quite difficult to meet people my age and especially make female friends as I am an engineer and there are not many of us :(
I will have to research some new sports :)

Thank you!

DNT, which is one of the biggest association in Norway organize many activities around Oslo, especially that now the sun comes back and the snow is melting. You have many tour possibilities, some are even organized for those for are single. They are often also organized by age group.

I'm looking forward to come over there