2014 Meet Up

Hey All
This is a Thread for a monthly event to meet up with new people in Phnom Penh.
For the month of March, I am organizing a small gathering at Doors on Friday the 21st of March 2014
Address No18, Street 84 & 47 Sangkat Srass Chork Khanh Daun Penh, Phnom Penh 12201
The reservation will be under my name.
Hope to see you all.

Excellent,

I am arriving in PP on the 19th, so I will be there.  Thank you for setting this up.  I'm looing forward to it already.

See you then.
Matt

Sounds good....looking forward to it.

(Moderated: inappropriate posting )

I am sorry to hear that Chococambo,
the stereotype that you have mentioned unfortunately are everywhere in the world, and as always, there is the good and the bad, and we decide who we keep in our lives.
I have been a week here, and have met many amazing people who are actually trying to spread positivity and help the society.
This meeting is to connect with other people.

May join. What's the timing to  gather?

Enjoy... and you will learn later.

I will be there at 19-00 Pm
It is Salsa night too, so if any one want to bring their dancing shoes.

Hi, I will join. What time is the meeting?
Marina

Sounds like a good idea  :)

Marina.
We will be there at 19.00
See you there.

Hey everyone,

I am flying from Phoenix, Arizona tomorrow evening, and will be arriving in PP on March 19.  Hope the meet-up at Doors is still a go.  Hope all of you are well, and looking forward to meeting you on the 21st.

Regards,

Matthew

You have a safe flight Mate, and hopefully more people will join.
I will be there with my partner, its a great place for cocktails and Tapas.
See you soon x

Hey there!
I will join! At what time you made the reservation? I might come in town around 6:00pm hope someone will be around!
BTW, whats your name for the reservation? ;)

I will be join too! :)

I'll be there for sure.   

Lilylou - it is at 700pm unless he has made any changes.

Hey All,
Hope you all had a good week, and getting ready for the week end.

There is No changes, I stick to my word, hahah.
I will be there with my partner before 7 to have a drink and get things ready, for your arrival.
The reservation is under Fadi Nassar.
see you Tomorrow.

Sounds great I flew in Wednesday.  Looking forward to it.  Is Doors near any landmark to give the tuk tuk driver an idea in case they're not familiar with it?  Thanks guys.

Hey, hope you enjoyed your flight, and got over the time difference.
I really don't know if any landmark  is next to it, however if you tell the Tuk Tuk the street address, they will know, don't go into the tuk tuk unless they know.
See you guys at 19-00
Fadi

Great meeting you all tonight let's all stay in touch.
Matt

Was great to meet, so many Amazing people from different parts of the world.
Hopefully will meet up in April too.
See you soon x

Hello Again.
Hope you all are doing well.
For the month of April we will be meeting in Friday 25 April.
I am planning to rent a boat on the mekong river for a sunset cruise, and we can bring our favorite drinks.
Will update you on the venue soon as I am travelling for 2 weeks.
Hope to see you soon.
Fadi x

Hi All,

Only just discovered this, I'm sorry to have missed the March meet up. I'd really like to join you all in April so looking forward to hearing about that. If anyone feels like grabbing  drink in the interim, feel free to get in touch.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

cheers

Bec

Sounds good. Look forward to the April event.

Hey All, Hope you are getting ready for the week end, and welcome to Bec, Steve and Julz.

I am currently in Lebanon for a short visit and will update you soon when I am back to PP on venue, times ect.
hope all the new ones are settling down alright.
See you soon.
Fadi

Hey All.
I will be back to Phnom Penh on Friday the 18th, and soon after I will inform you about the venue.
Would like to know who is Joining so I can see what I can organize, Please either post in here or PM me in Private.
Thank you and see you soon x
Fadi

I'm interested, subject to cost.

Hi everybody!

My name is Cameron and I'm a Californian. I've only been here a week but I've already made a lot of local friends. However, I haven't really seen any barang or had a chance to talk with them. Is there going to be an April meetup I could attend and socialize at?

Hey guys, just realized that me and my partner will be buzy on Friday, so will change the date to Saturday 26 of April.
Again as I am in Sihanokville, I will be updating you on all info as soon as possible, by Tuesday the Maximun.

Cameron welcome to PP.

Hi is Saturday happening? If so, what's the plan?

Hi everyone,

Me and my partner have just moved to Phnom Penh and would be keen to join in the next meet up if one is planned for May?

Or if anyone knows of anymore activities planned for newbies to the city, it would be great if you could let me know.

Thanks! Alex

Hey Alex,

Welcome to Phnom Penh. So much of what happens here is about word of mouth. If you're looking for things to do, check out Lady Penh http://ladypenh.com/ or What's Up Phnom Penh http://www.wuppmag.com/agenda.php. Also check out the various expat pages on Facebook. In terms of meeting people, have a look at Cambodian Events Network www.cambodiaeventnetwork.org. Membership is free and there's lots of really nice people there - present company included ;).  There's also Internations www.internations.org, but there is a membership fee with that one.

There's loads of other things that you'll discover but it really depends what you're interests are. But these sites should help to get you started.

cheers

Bec

Thank you very much for your response! Some very useful websites. It sounds like we will be busy living here!
Take care, Alex