What is a good place to buy furniture?

I am looking for a place where I can buy decent-quality but not hugely expensive furniture, particularly a small couch/easy chair, and lamps. I am also interested to know if anyone can tell me the location of good charity shops to buy clothes. I live in St. Julian's and don't have a car, so stuff close by or bus accessible would be best, but if need be I can borrow a car... Thank you! :heart:

Hello Stephanie Anna.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

thank you :)

SPCA Malta have a great Charity shop in St Julians

AAA
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Funky-Ju … ts&fref=ts

Are you in Malta or Gozo?

I'm in gozo,  but AAA and SPCA Malta are in malta

I'm in Malta. I did find the SPCA shop in Sliema last night--very good recommendation! Thank you. :) I'd be happy to hear more suggestions, because although I found nice clothes and household items there, they didn't have any furniture. :( If you know a place, even if it's not a charity or second-hand shop, that sells furniture at decent prices, I'd love to hear about it. Is there any IKEA dealer in the country, for example?

Hi Stephanie,

first a happy welcome.
Unfortunately there is no IKEA in Malta. IŽve heard that you can perhaps order over an Italien IKEA, which can still be cheaper than the normal furniture shops here. I think The Atrium is the biggest shop here. I wasnŽt there so I cannot give you any infos about the prices. I have the same problem and IŽm looking for a good desk for my little office. Perhaps I can tell something about the prices next week.

Stephanie Anna wrote:

that sells furniture at decent prices, I'd love to hear about it.

Decent prices also mean decent quality ;)

There are 3 monthly magazines (paper copy and online) full of advertisements which have been (and still are) a big help for me finding several things.

HOTSPOT MALTA
THE BARGAIN
THE VOUCHER

Is there any IKEA dealer in the country, for example?

There is Maltashopper who sells IKEA items from Italy catalogue with a "handling and delivery charge" ... don't know how much this is, but if you're interested, you can contact them.

powerhouse malta is also good. in Iklin near JB Stores - they also do smaller items fo furniture

Thanks so much, everyone! I'll check out these options, and look forward to hearing any new insights, shortput. :)

Welcome to Malta and hope you have settled well Stephanie Anna  :),
check this one as well
facebook.com/pages/Rags-and-Riches-Buy-and-Sell/144508782257723

I would also recommend PowerHouse in Iklin just off Birkirkara bypass roundabout. I've been there twice and they have really good and decent stuff for not too bad prices. I am actually buying some stuff from them in the end of this month as I am moving. You can also have a look at their Facebook page HERE

Goo luck!
Antonio