If you were me-City life or Village life?

I will have to shift into a new house soon. Houses in city  closer to beach where I am used to are very expensive due to tourism  but the life is easy and comfortable and all of my relatives are nearby. These rented houses in city need a big security deposit and a big rental. :(

If I go to my office area (village area) those houses are inexpensive but  either the house or the life are not comfortable. But I can save little money with lower house rent and simple life style tho I will miss shopping and good marketing and I will  not be very happy to be isolated in this village area :(

Friends please advice. If you were me what would be the choice?

I will choose village

Hello Mal,

Its a good move for the moment.........because when you are staying near to the city you will be always engaged with this or that......but if you come to the village area,you will save some money,have enough time to think about your present and future....i remind you no past thinking....and moreover when you have enough money buy a house near to the city means in between city and village and enjoy the both life.................For me Village Life..............

Regards,
Anil

Ultimately you have to decide what mays YOU happy.  If you are going to me saving money and being miserable and bored with your life style in the village then....wrong choice.  So it comes down to what will make you happier.  Life is too short not to be happy when you can be.

Bob K

Well said Bob K , actually i missed this while writing to mal.........

Pangki Sudirjo wrote:

I will choose village

Why you don't like City.....?

Agree with Bob K, will choose for the City with relatives close by, the beach for sure and knowing that you are happy.
Even when you have to pay more rent.

Everything has his price Mal....

Well said Primadonna.......Everything has its price.............

Regrads,
Anil

City for me. Close to schools for the kids, good markets and shopping, great little restaurants and all amenities including doctors and hospitals.

All the parents will think in a same manner..........you are right Stumpy..............

Are there no alternative ways of staying where you are and subletting a part of the house with someone you trust and thereby sharing the costs?
Or do any of your relatives/friends nearby have a couple of rooms to rent to you?

Mal, cant you live where you presently are and commute to work daily?

Countryside   :heart:

Farhaz wrote:

But this house is needed by the owner in few days. I own a small land closer to beach but can not build a house there right now:(

El_Jost wrote:

Are there no alternative ways of staying where you are and subletting a part of the house with someone you trust and thereby sharing the costs?
Or do any of your relatives/friends nearby have a couple of rooms to rent to you?

Dear El, It is difficult as I love my freedom and I love the freedom of my relatives/friends too. Next thing is that I have a puppy! :|

stumpy wrote:

City for me. Close to schools for the kids, good markets and shopping, great little restaurants and all amenities including doctors and hospitals.

yes for me too good market, shopping, beach, relatives, doctors, easy travel and some yard for my puppy. I've seen few houses at ofis area but could make my mind for the uncomfortable houses with least facilities. At least I prefer a tiled floor and also a parapet wall for the yard as my puppy needs to run there freely.   :)

Bob K wrote:

Ultimately you have to decide what mays YOU happy.  If you are going to me saving money and being miserable and bored with your life style in the village then....wrong choice.  So it comes down to what will make you happier. 

Bob K

This is true Bob... I can not make my life miserable.
" :) Life is too short not to be happy when you can be :) ".

Mal only you can decide where exactly you want to live..........because we can give opinions but ultimately its you who has to decide..........all the best in advance...........

Regards,
Anil

Mal, yes life is way too short.  My least favorite feeling is:  "I wish I had"

Bob K

Bob K wrote:

Bob K

Still you have.......there is a saying its never late...........and in India we say when you wake up then its morning.....yes life is too short but if you start living in each and every tiniest moment of this then you will enjoy.........

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:
Bob K wrote:

Bob K

Still you have.......there is a saying its never late...........and in India we say when you wake up then its morning.....yes life is too short but if you start living in each and every tiniest moment of this then you will enjoy.........

Regards,
Anil

This (alleged) poet says you are the forum philosopher.  :)

First got the compliment of Forum Sage and now Forum Philosopher.......... :)

aryavrat wrote:

And you the forum intruder! And the interloper! ;)

aryavrat wrote:

In that case I am in agreement with the person who said you are the Forum Sage.

sage
1 [seyj]
noun
1. a profoundly wise person; a person famed for wisdom.
2. someone venerated for the possession of wisdom, judgment, and experience.

Synonyms
1. philosopher. 3. sagacious.
:)

mal wrote:
aryavrat wrote:

And you the forum intruder! And the interloper! ;)

I suspect this may only apply to the ladies.  :/:joking:

aryavrat wrote:

Put another way.

When it's raining....
I think you are the sort of person who might occasionally go outside to feel the rain.

Most people just get wet.

Sorry Mal for so many off-topic posts.  :(

By chance yesterday I found your earlier thread about your house entitled "Is blood relationship worth?"
That is a sad story. I now understand things better. I sympathise with you and hope things turn out brighter in future.

mal wrote:
Farhaz wrote:

But this house is needed by the owner in few days. I own a small land closer to beach but can not build a house there right now:(

hmmm ... The usual issues we face in Sri Lanka. But we do that with a smile always  :)

In that case you will have to move. And if I were you, I will probably live near my place of work for sometime, until I sort out my housing issues.

Farhaz wrote:
mal wrote:
Farhaz wrote:

hmmm ... The usual issues we face in Sri Lanka. But we do that with a smile always  :)

In that case you will have to move. And if I were you, I will probably live near my place of work for sometime, until I sort out my housing issues.

Thanks Farhaz!!! am thinking yet :(

El_Jost wrote:

Sorry Mal for so many off-topic posts.  :(

By chance yesterday I found your earlier thread about your house entitled "Is blood relationship worth?"
That is a sad story. I now understand things better. I sympathise with you and hope things turn out brighter in future.

Thanks El :) Actually I was mentally very down those days and wanted some kind words from friends. Thats why I shared my story there. But for that thread I got only one reply :) Still I am having these issues and thats why I try my best to connect with friends over the net.
Thanks for your kindness!  :)

El_Jost wrote:
aryavrat wrote:

In that case I am in agreement with the person who said you are the Forum Sage.

sage
1 [seyj]
noun
1. a profoundly wise person; a person famed for wisdom.
2. someone venerated for the possession of wisdom, judgment, and experience.

Synonyms
1. philosopher. 3. sagacious.
:)

Thanks again Elwin but really i don't know to whom we can say sage.......we have different faces in every moment and i don't think that i am a sage............

i'd go for the city life much more interesting

mal wrote:
Farhaz wrote:

Mal, Maybe you should think about these two issues as one...

If you move to the village, close to work, which is going to save you money perhaps that will give you enough to START building a simple house on your land. That would get you back to where you want to be anyway. Even if it was a small house that you'd have to add on to later, it would be a good start and get you away from paying rent altogether. It would probably do so much sooner than your other options too.

Cheers,
James

jane_92 wrote:

i'd go for the city life much more interesting

Hello Jane_92,

Welcome to Expat-Blogs................

Regards,
Anil

Mal has decided CITY LIFE! :| Because her land is there. If she goes to a village she will not need to build a house of her own. Confirmed!!!! :|
Other thing is, she doesnt like village people.. they do not want to move with the competitive world!!

Nice to be near the beach as well.  :top:

El_Jost wrote:

yes thats 10 mnts walk to the beach.... lovely!

mal wrote:
El_Jost wrote:

yes thats 10 mnts walk to the beach.... lovely!

If I wanted to walk to the beach it would take me about 10 months. LOL

El_Jost wrote:

Thats sad El!! You better change your residence to a place you like most!

mal wrote:
El_Jost wrote:

Thats sad El!! You better change your residence to a place you like most!

Well one thing, I don't have to worry about the sea level rising where I am.  :D

Meet expats all over the world

OR