I'm in Bahain

Hi All,

Quick update, I'm in Bahrain now  :D , still in a hotel while I'm looking for a flat. I have been looking in Saar, Amwaj, Seef and Reef Island.
I think i'll go with Reef Island option as it's in the middle between school and my work.

Thanks a lot for your help guys  :one

Hello there and welcome to Bahrain. I quite like Reef Island. There are some nice flats there and some amazing ones depending on your budget. Reef Island / Seef are pretty much around the same area so you might want to extend your search to different properties in Seef, if you can't find what you're looking for.

Good luck and let me know if you need any help.

I like Seef as well my only concern there is a lot of construction there unless you know better area in Seef.

We have seen really nice flats in Saar.

you have to choose what you like more as we will never get everything in one place.

Welcome to Bahrain!
Reef island is certainly a central location. Another member of the Bahrain forum recently moved there. Saar is good, but the regular tyre burning ceremonies in and around the area can be a bit messy and slows traffic down. So do bear that it mind. Seef is a good area to live too.

Do let us know if you need help and advice while you settle down in Bahrain.

Edits: replaced "an pd" with "and"

I heard about tyre burning from a lot of people but they said it's not a big issue, I'd appreciate if anyone lives in Saar can share her/his experience..

Reef Island is nice but over priced. Saar is great especially if you live in the area around St Chris school. There are no troubles there, no tear gas or road fires and you are next to the highway for easy commute. You are also close to the expat clubs, Saar cinema and some lovely restaurants

3daddict wrote:

I heard about tyre burning from a lot of people but they said it's not a big issue, I'd appreciate if anyone lives in Saar can share her/his experience..

I have seen a few happen. It is a nuisance more than anything else, provided you keep your distance. Having a 4x4 helps sometimes, when stuck at a tyre burning road block  ;)

Hi Guys,

What about :
Umm Al Hasam
Adliya
Mahooz

All good areas to live in.
When it comes to Mahooz, make sure it is not the "original" Mahooz (mostly old run down buildings), but to the area with the newer apartment blocks.

Hi,
I'm living in Juffair. Busy area. always  things to do. safe and you won't get bored.
In addition to the nice apartments you can find there.
Best of luck.
Lulu

I live in Mahooz and have a lovely place close enough to walk to bars and restaurants but very quiet also. I can recommend the area :)

I live in Amwaj Island and I love it. Expats mostly live here. There is a Marina, a grocery store (with all the imported food items including pork), International School, hospital, and the Lagoon Park which has tons of restaurants to choose from. It is on an island of its own and it is laid back. Don't mess with traffic. It is also extremely safe!

Thanks a lot everyone, we ended up in Reef Island. All other area need cash to buy furniture so we decided to go with fully furnished and all inclusive for now.

Thanks again for your support guys :)

Glad to hear you're settled. Let's meet up some day :)

Glad you are sorted although most places do fully furnished and all inclusive for a much lower rent. Reef Island is nice though (I spent the day unpacking boxes there today for a new arrival)

Hi guys,

I'm happy to meet you anywhere, just let me know where and when :)

@Josnuggles, you are right but I could not find any full furnished and all inclusive in compounds, next year will move near to the school.
Let me know when you are in Reef next time :)