VISA for mother

Hi,

Merry Christmas to all. 

I have a family status visa wherein my wife and my child is cover.  My child is very small and I want my mother to stay with me till I have work visa.  But I understand that she can only get visit visa for 30 days which can be extended twice.  Is there any way, wherein she can stay with me for longer time without this visa renewal process everytime.

thanks in advance for your replies.

Generally no. Visit visas are valid for 1 month only and can be extended twice (upto 3 months in total).

However, the immigration authorities do consider applications from residents who wish to bring aged parents to Bahrain on a case-by-case basis and MAY grant a resident permit if they wish. You should ask your employer's document processing guy to speak to immigration and see what can be done.

thanks farhaz for your reply

Hi Farhaz,

Regarding visit visa extension for parents;  what is the general probability of getting it extended successfully ? Do we need some interview or something or it just gets extended smoothly?  Does the extension rule vary from country to country?

I know you are not an Immigration guy :), but just asking based on your general information or some other cases you might have known.

Thanks & Regards,

I have two separate questions:

what is the possibility of getting visit visa for mother if the sponsoring person is living in bahrain for last 15 years and salary upto 1500 BD?

what is the possibility of getting permanent visa for mother if the sponsoring person is living in bahrain for last 15 years and salary upto 1500 BD?

Dear samahmed_1.

As far as my knowledge goes only direct dependents (wife & children) get resident visa, rest everyone qualifies for Visit  visa. Please refer to the below link

lmra

Thanks & Regards
Arjun

Hello samahmed_1 and welcome to the forum.

I see that you live in Saudi Arabia but this is the forum for Bahrain. Are you sure you posted your question in the correct forum?

Aasir wrote:

Hi Farhaz,

Regarding visit visa extension for parents;  what is the general probability of getting it extended successfully ? Do we need some interview or something or it just gets extended smoothly?  Does the extension rule vary from country to country?

I know you are not an Immigration guy :), but just asking based on your general information or some other cases you might have known.

Thanks & Regards,

From what I have heard, the authorities are generally lenient when it comes to parents, especially if they are aged. Hence extending visit visa for another month should not be too difficult. The extension rule is the same fro everyone.

The matter that is decided based on a case by case basis is if you apply for a residence permit for your parents to live in Bahrain (as a dependent) for a longer period.

Let us know your experience once you have gone through the process so we can all learn. Best wishes.

samahmed_1 wrote:

I have two separate questions:

Sure thing - as long as it is within the topic :)

samahmed_1 wrote:

what is the possibility of getting visit visa for mother if the sponsoring person is living in bahrain for last 15 years and salary upto 1500 BD?

Visit visa for parents is not too difficult to get, and certainly should not be an issue for someone of the profile you have mentioned.

samahmed_1 wrote:

what is the possibility of getting permanent visa for mother if the sponsoring person is living in bahrain for last 15 years and salary upto 1500 BD?

I assume you are referring to a "residence permit" when you say "permanent visa", because there is no such thing as a "permanent visa".
The decision on whether to grant a residence permit for parents is decided on a case by case basis by the authorities and is not as straightforward as a visit visa.

simboy wrote:

Dear samahmed_1.

As far as my knowledge goes only direct dependents (wife & children) get resident visa, rest everyone qualifies for Visit  visa. Please refer to the below link

lmra

Thanks & Regards
Arjun

Thanks Arjun. This is indeed the case. The LMRA processes visas for employees and their direct dependents. All other visas are processed by the General Directorate of Nationality Passports and Residency (GDNPR). Hence any applications for visas for parents has to be made directly with the GDNPR.

As with all cases, its best to get your respective employer involved and make all applications through channels known to them. Makes it easier and convenient.

Dear All,

Thanks for your replies.  What I understand from my employer is that he will show higher salary in GOSI which will help to get residence permit for my mother.  But the additional GOSI charges will have to be born my me.  Is this thing really a case.......

Der sumy1771

as Farhaz mentioned in one of his replies
The decision on whether to grant a residence permit for parents is decided on a case by case basis by the authorities and is not as straightforward as a visit visa."
-------------------------------------------------------------
So we really don't know whether the case u mentioned may be possible or not.

I am sure if someone has come across such an situation they may reply back!

T&R
Arjun

sumy1771 wrote:

Dear All,

Thanks for your replies.  What I understand from my employer is that he will show higher salary in GOSI which will help to get residence permit for my mother.  But the additional GOSI charges will have to be born my me.  Is this thing really a case.......

I do not think this will help directly. Whilst your application for a residence permit for your mother MAY be looked at favourably if you do have a high income, you will end up paying your GOSI monthly even if the application is not successful. In my view not the right way to do this.

Much better to apply for your mother's visa stating your actual income and then convincing the approving authorities that there is no one to look after your mother back home.

simboy wrote:

Der sumy1771

T&R
Arjun

Arjun - many thanks for participating in the forum and sharing your knowledge and time. It is really appreciated. :top:

The Gosi fee's aren't high but they do relate % wise to your salary.

Why don't you sponsor your mother as a housemaid or nanny? Your salary certainly covers it and it may be the cheapest way. Other than that she will have to renew, there are usually no issues and the ministry will comply but she will have to fly out and back again every so often as you know. Most fly to Dubai as no visa charges there and the airport is easy to negotiate. Good Luck

:top: glad to share the little info i know farhaz!

thanks all for your replies.  Will update on the matter

Thanks

Was anyone able to get mother's residency visa?  She is totally dependent on me more of emotionally.  Let me know, thanks.

nothing worked.  She came on visit visa and went back. :(

Hello,

my colleague just happened to tell me that there was a new rule which could allow parents to get dependent visa's or a long term visa not really sure about this, but if you guys speak to your HR and ask them to speak to the concerned authorities you may be able to get more info on the same, i have asked my PRO for the same they did not know about this rules but if they find out ill update it here.

good luck

T&R

i want to bring my mother as to stay with me in bahrain permanently is it possible?

is there any uptodate

dear shajahanek,

Kindly read my previous reply.

T&R

thank u

What documents are required to apply for a permanent/residence visa for my mother? She is staying alone in pakistan, my father expired and I have no siblings.

I will quote my friend Farhaz here, who replied under the original post - LogicalIndian also posted relevant information just above this which reinforces this idea:

Farhaz wrote:

Generally no. Visit visas are valid for 1 month only and can be extended twice (upto 3 months in total).

However, the immigration authorities do consider applications from residents who wish to bring aged parents to Bahrain on a case-by-case basis and MAY grant a resident permit if they wish. You should ask your employer's document processing guy to speak to immigration and see what can be done.

Best of luck