Cheesemaking in Cambodia??

Hi,
We are moving to Cambodia soon will be there late June-July to select the best area for us to live and work. One of our interests is cheese making soft cheese such as Camembert, Fetta, Mascarpone, Ricotta, Creamcheese and Greek style Yoghurt. We currently sell these at Farmers Markets here in Australia
Any and all feedback appreciated
Any call for in Cambodia?
Deb and John

Hi,
I am  christophe from france former expatriate here and married a cambodian since 20 years with two childrens , i just would like to advise you about set up a business, be sure before establishing a company  in cambodia that the market is big enought  believe me there are a lot of competitors etc...not only that...beware !
Best Regards.
Christophe.

Hi,

I'm since a decade in Cam. - always interested to learn  & support new businesses.
However, not sure about cheese making in Cambodia  - you have a plan B?
What makes you come to Cambodia - I hope it's not the cheese.
Get in touch with me, if you like.
regards

Dairy in Asia is generally tricky as most of the population does not consume much of it and the expat population is rather small in Cambodia. You'd be up against Lucky and other supermarkets and that specialized food store on St. 240, so a cheese business alone would not be enough to survive, I'd say.

Dear Deb and John
The business you have in mind is interesting though the market for the product seems small. Similar products are imported from Vietnam. I have known a person who has imported a type of yogurt from Vietnam and now become a rich  man. I believe whenever there is a will, there is a way.
I would love to hear further about your business plan via my email [email protected]
and my number is (855) 78 53 63 53
Sincerely,
Veasna

Are you aware that there is no milk production in Cambodia?
Cheese making with imported milk will be very expensive I think.

Hi Dosoto
I think there is at least one tycoon here who has brought some cows from UK to be raised here for milk production.

If you have infos about it, I will be happy to know.
I saw something in a newspaper about that but it has been canceled last time I checked.
In n the market,  you can't find any milk or butter or cheese labeled "made in Cambodia". All imported I think. But I may be wrong.