Just saw an article in UK; US; VN news about Chinese tourists in C M.

My wife and I visited Chiang Mai last November.  We love the PEACE and QUIET there.

We were born in Viet Nam but have been living in America since 1975. What we have witness is the ever increase in the Chinese tourist both in Viet Nam and abroad.  Unfortunately, mainland Chinese are not educated and they have NO manners.  This has become a major problem for the Chinese Government.

Take a look at the article posted ALL over the world about incidents in Chiang Mai.  I HOPE this is NOT the new reality for this quiet / beautiful city.

http://newsok.com/teething-troubles-for … eed/674073

I have friends who recently moved from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai because of the Chinese tourists and their filthy habit of spitting, pushing in line etc etc etc.

Oh no....... sorry to hear about your friends.  I just check on the location of Chiang Rai.  It is way north of Chiang Mai.... won't that be closer to China?  I see that it is close to Myanmar. 

Unfortunately, I see Chinese tourists in the north Viet Nam (Ha Noi) in 2010.....and you are right, they are loud and obnoxious.  What to do???  Their sheer number is more than 1 BILLION people.

I would like to find a nice quiet place in Asia (without seeing them).  Any suggestion other than Chiang Rai?

Where will you live?

THANKS!!
Tien & Thuy

thuy4tien wrote:

Oh no....... sorry to hear about your friends.  I just check on the location of Chiang Rai.  It is way north of Chiang Mai.... won't that be closer to China?  I see that it is close to Myanmar. 

Unfortunately, I see Chinese tourists in the north Viet Nam (Ha Noi) in 2010.....and you are right, they are loud and obnoxious.  What to do???  Their sheer number is more than 1 BILLION people.

I would like to find a nice quiet place in Asia (without seeing them).  Any suggestion other than Chiang Rai?

Where will you live?

THANKS!!
Tien & Thuy

My friends family come from there.Chinese are moving into Laos now too and have been for a number of years. Chiang Rai is smaller and more laid back. You need to look at places that have access to decent hospitals and airport. North Thailand in the higher elevations is good. Get online and find a couple of places that may suit, then come over and check them out.