Visa valid for 90 days

Hello

I got a tourist visa for 90 days
date of issue 8-April
And I am going to travel on 22 of July. so I asked the guy in the embassy that I mentioned in the application and flight/hotel reservations the travel date will be 22 July and this date after 90 days from the date of issue.

He confirmed that this visa will be valid for 90 days from the first entry. Is that right??

Thanks

Hello Mina2811,

You may have a problem with the Federal Police on arrival. If you look at the bottom portion of the VITUR Tourist Visa  (see red arrow in photo below) if your visa states FIRST ENTRY WITHIN 90 DAY / PRIMEIRA ENTRADA EM 90 DIAS then you should contact the Consulado again to have it re-issued or you will need to book an earlier flight.

If it does not have that at the bottom then you are ok, the visa is VALID for 5 years, the 90 days is actually just how long a visit can be (without extensions).

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/visa_zpsf0e45487.jpg

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi William,
I noticed that your example says "Visa Valid for 5 years". I got a visa in Feb that says "Visa Valid for 90 days" (first line after the photo).  I am a Chinese Citizen and got my visa from C.G. San Francisco. I went to Brazil in March and stayed for a week. Now i have to go back to Brazil in July.  Do i have to get a new visa? Doe sit make sense that they issue a multiple entry visa valid only for 90 days?
Thanks,
-Dan

Hello Dan,

You need to check with the CG that issued the visa to see if your visa is still valid. It may be because of your citizenship they issued a single use visa valid for only one 90 day visit. Normally visas are valid for 5 years unless otherwise stated.

The reason the visa is multiple entry is to permit people to re-enter Brazil during their stay if they make a short visit to any neighboring country. Lots of people visiting Vancover, Canada take side trips down to Seattle.... Pikes Peak Market, Space Needle and all that neat stuff as I seem to recall. LOL

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team