Cost of Nanny and British Curriculum Schol

Dear All,

I have 12 years of experience in managing health clubs and have been offered a position with a salary of 1800OR plus medical insurance and transport.  My son will be in year 1 come Sept 2014 (age 5 in July).  Is this a decent salary to live on? I would like to know the average cost of a nanny per month, what would a 1 or 2 bed place cost in a decent area?, what would an average  family car cost me per month, how much does it cost to obtain a drivers license or convert my UK license and monthly utility bills.
I have another question regarding sponsoring my son as a single mum, can anyone help.  He is also on a British passport.
What are set up costs in Muscat and do you think the salary is a fair one or do I need to be asking for a package including accommodation. I don't want to sound greedy?

Hey
I guess it's good offer! And it's good to ask for the full package but u should find out is it better to get that amount or a package which will reduce the amount they give u...

Hi There,

Thank you very much for the reply. My concern is that if they find me accommodation it may not be in my area of choice.
What should a full package include? My previous role in the UAE included a relocation allowance as well. Is this common practice in Oman?
Thank you :)