New members of the Morocco forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Morocco forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Morocco if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello everybody
I am amro, Egyptian and stay now in rabat
This is 2nd time to visit morocco, and i adore morocco,

Hi everyone!  I'm Meryem--an American woman currently living in Rabat since December.  I know very few people who speak English and I don't speak Darija, Arabic, or French so it's been a bit challenging.  I adore Morocco though!

hi all of you
my name is Mustapha I'm a Moroccan, I live and work in Casablanca I'm totally new to this blog , I'm not an expatriate but I'm here to help as much as I can , and to make new friendships .
regards.

Hi Meryem
I also living in rabat from one month ago
And I learned some of darija words plus i know Arabic
But its important to learn french to have good communication with others
Actually i planed to start 😃😃😃
Nice to meet you

hi
i found this post very interesting hope it brings people together.
my name is "Sal" mixte race living in casablanca and like most of english speaking people around here find it very hard to find people i can conversate with.
i am open to any suggestion and freindship of course :)
kind regards
hope to hear from as many

Hello Maja,

I am happy to give you some advices about starting business in Morocco.
Please give me your email on priv message.

Hello my name is Kelly Cook. I am not an expat but I really want to work and live there. My problem is my french is not good and my darija is......ok. I speak English natively and would love to put my education to work. I have an idea on a business but not sure if it would go anywhere.

Hi, feel free to ask for any tips or information concerning living and working in Morocco I'm here to help .

Hello, this is Mohamed from Casablanca it's a pleasure to be a memeber in this site willing to share and exchange many ideas among you here, for the time being working for an multinational American Company in Casablanca that operates in the industrial safety feel free to contact me everybody notably English native speakers as I used to live in UK before

Regards

hello i'm redouan , i do live in fes actually , i'm here if any one want to explore this city or even other cities , regards .

Hey everyone,
IŽm Sophie, a student from Germany, and planning to move for 3-4 months to Tangier to pass my internship there. As I need a room from May on I would be very thankful for any advice or help finding a place to stay (I already wrote an ad in the housing section, but maybe one of you knows someone who is looking for a new roomie or wants to let a room). But of course I would be also happy to get to know new people or being shown around in Tangier! :)

Hi there! I am Maggie and I am searching for job here in Marrakech together with my friend. Any recommendations? It is very urgent, since we don't have a lot of money. We both have master degrees (journalism and marketing) and speak good English and several other languages. We are very experienced in working in tourism, media, culture etc. Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi there, I am Italian and live there in the cold north but want to spend a few winter months in the warm and dry climate of  Fes ,Morocco. I am looking for advice .I speak English, French and a little German.

Welcome everyone! A lot of new people lately :D

Hi;

I'm Evren COMERT from Turkey.
I come from Antalya which is the tourism capital of Turkey. I'm in Morocco since ends of 2011. First I've started from Mohammedia and now moved to Casa and dealing with this stressed city.

I established a multimedia agency in here. Main experince field is internet and multimedia expertise (real manner).
Days of infrastructure for me, so bloated in those days, trying to adaptate Casa. And nice to see other expats together in here for knowledge exchange and gain friends.

Regards to all

Hi my name is Paul.  I'm Korean American living in Los Angeles, California and I'll be visiting Casablanca between March 19th - March 31st for work.  This will be my first time in Morocco and also to a country where English is very minimally spoken.   

When I travel,  I love to try different types of cultural dishes and was wondering if anyone can introduce me to a few good restaurants that you'd recommend.   Perhaps I can join a group when you guys go out to eat or hangout.  I definitely want to try the Moroccan Couscous, Tajine, and goat head, but I can't finish it by myself!

Oops sorry accidentally post it twice haha.

[Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls]

Hey My name is Ben ,  I am a native Moroccan living in Casablanca , but i have lived abroad in the past for many years.
I speak Berber, Arabic , French , Spanish and English, if you need any help or advice do not hesitate to contact me by email :      [email protected]

[Moderated: please post in housing section]
For further info send me a message to my email above.

Kind Regards

Hi everybody,

Please note that some off topic posts have been removed from this thread.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

hello , i'm Moroccan  it's been  around 8 years since i live in Casablanca and i still can't adapt to it here , life here is so stressful , so it's fine for you to feel so , even native Moroccans would agree with you sheer up , good luck with your business

Welcom to morroco

I would like to arrange a weekly meeting for English speakers group  in Casablanca city, where the people can use,practice and brush up their language skills, Plz drop me a line if you interested !
My email: [email protected]

Ben

Hi friend Plz call me at this number (Moderated: Please avoid leaving your phone number on the forum) or give ne urs

hi  I live in Rabat almost 2 years now and it is terrible  expensive everything rent clothes imported foods etc. people do make a difference between morrocan or foreigners or women or men...since August I had 3 philipine house maids and 2 Moroccan all of them just want money for doing nothing and also stealing. I can't wait just return home...

Hi AdriSakurai,

Where is home???where are you from???

Hi happygirl; welcom to maroc I m souad living in Tanger I m 54ys old. this is my facebook souad rhallam

Where are you, from first me Europe

Sorry just saw above that you are Moroccan Ben

Welcome to morocco meryem, wish you the best and hope you enjoy the rain these days. Looking forward to know you..

Hi,

I have just question : You Speak French ?

Thx
Red 1

Hi, my name is Maggy, I am moving to Casablanca with my husband this summer, and I'd like to know what would be a reasonable rent for a three bedroom apartment in a nice area? (with a balcony!). I need a neighbourhood where I could do my groceries and have a pharmacy, all within walking distance--without too many crowds or traffic. Any ideas? Thank you! Also wonder if anyone has a good recommendation for medical insurance. Thank you in advance!

Hi all,

I'm Mehdi from Holland. I study business communication (bachelor) and I'm interested in starting a online IT/Marketing/Design related business in Marrakech. I visit Marrakech my whole life. My mom is born and raised here and my family lives here. I love the city and I would like to move to Marrakech when I finish my study (5 months left).

Any tips, advice, or even ideas are welcome!!

Hi all. My name's Rory. I am currently living in America but really really hope to move to Morocco over the summer. My goal is to either teach ESL (I just finished two years of teaching in South Korea) or work for a non-profit organization. I have had success finding English language schools (though no luck securing a job) but it is not as easy to find NGOs/non-profit organizations from America.

Any help on either front would be amazing.

Hope everyone is well.

Bonjour,
Je vis seule à Agadir depuis 6 ans et demi, mais j'ai beaucoup d'amis et les sorties ne manquent pas ici. Je connais beaucoup d'endroits et des bonnes adresses à faire découvrir aux nouveaux arrivants. J'aurais aimé connaitre votre blog quand je suis arrivée, donc si je peux être utile à d'autres. N'hésitez pas.

Dear all,

After more than 15 years in Canada, I am returning back home to Casablanca. As I have lost all my oldest friends, I am looking to have new ones to exchange around a coffee, a meal...  I speak pretty good English and French and of course Arabic.
[email protected]

Best,

Hi everyone,
I'm Muthia. I just moved to rabat couple weeks ago, joining my husband who works for Indonesian Embassy. I'm coming from Indonesia. Speaks english quite well and a little bit of french. I'm a full time housewife and looking for some activities i can do here in town. I used to work in my home country and i really want to keep myself active. First time to live abroad and i'd love to get to know the country and make lots of friends here. Have a good day! :)

Hi everybody, actually living in casablanca ... here to help !

Hi  ;),
Thanks Julien for giving me the opportunity to introduce myself and my project in Morocco. Actually, I am quite familiar with the expat life as I was married to a EU diplomat, and also lived in Rabat between 2002 and 2006. Before leaving the country I started a project of sustainable tourism in the haha region nearby Essaouira but left it unfinished. That is the main reason that I want to come back, to open my guesthouse and explore biking and hiking trails in the region. To nature lovers, I would like to say "hope to see you around in September".

Closed