New members of the South Korea forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the South Korea forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in South Korea if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello, I am joe butler. Knowing the 2016 winter Olympics are going to to be in South Korea, I am hoping to get a job working on the future Olympic city. I have been a carpenter for 34 years . I am 51 years old and have never been out of the United States. Have always wanted to travel but have never been able to afford to. To be able to work on the future Olympic city would give me a chance to see a different part of the world anf be able to afford it.

Hello there, I'm Gaya and I moved here last month. I'm from Malaysia and have lived in Ireland and Scotland for 17 years before this. I'm looking for work in Seoul at the moment. If you have time to meet do let me know, I look forward to meeting some new friends soon!

Hi I am Ritika, an Indian. I am moving to Gwangju for one semester at Chonnam National University.  Hope to have a good time there.

Hi!
I am Jennie, I was living in Thailand for a year before moving to Australia  with my partner for another year before we both ended up in Korea!
I have been living in Geoje in the South of South Korea for the last 9 months and I am actually on my last week here before moving to a new country to continue teaching!
Korea has been a wonderful opportunity to teach, earn some money and have some crazy experiences like swimming with sharks, skiing and trying out the Korean baths!
If anyone has lived and worked in Vietnam I would love to heard from you as that is my next destination!!

I'm considering working in Korea for a year or so, as a massage therapist in Incheon. I'm still gathering information on what I would have to do to be licensed in Korea.

Good. May god bless you. Have a nice time. Manoj.

Hi??my name is daud, im planning to work there, in progress to learn Korean now

:) HI my name is jessica! i come from madagascar and i am a student! i want to study to korea but it seems very difficult! i am learning korean now!

hi im learning korean (hangul), im migth be traveling there (korea) to keep learning, if any of you would like to practice with me send me an inbox... thanks in advance

Hi, my name is Agi. I am from Indonesia. I have been in Korea for around 2.5 years. Since my graduation, I have worked in here for around nearly 1 year. It has been a long time for me not speaking with other expat in Korea, so I come here to find new friends. Anyway, nice to meet you and have a nice day. :D

Hello !!
Looking for new contact as I just arrived in Seoul last month !

I speak French and English perfectly and I'm studying right now Korean language. Ishhhh not so easy ;)
I'm 29, and mostly looking for people to explore the city and chat around a coffee.

I'm here for a couple of years and would love to work in advertising or film industry as I did back in Montreal :) I'll keep my eyes open !!!

Feel free to send me a message !

What are u doing in korea.

Hi manoj the question for who is it?

Iasked you. What r urplans in s. Korea? Is panama a beautiful place? How is tourism there?  It would be kind of u answer.

Hi manjo yes Panama is a great place to visit! Here the weather is great in this time of year! But a little bit hot!... But u have resorts, sun, beach, fresh air! Is. Great place to be!...
My plans in korea! Well i kust would like to learn the language and culture... I think (korea) also would be a great place to visit and learn more about it...
Are u there?
U live there? Tell me about ur experience please

Hello

this is prabin from Nepal, I am currently in seoul

Hello . This is lina
I am from Korea ..
i am so impressed by your comment..
Actually I had been lived australia last 7years . And I just came back Korea .
If you want to come Korea I am so happy any help to you .. Do you have Facebook ? If you have we are to be friend ^^*

Happy to learn Korea language ..
I will trying help you if you want to learn or want to know something

Hi Heyjun na
I do want to make friends Nd know more about Korea...
Tell me how is it?

Hi dear Melisab,im learning hangul too.so id like to practice with you but im a biginner.
i plane to travel korea for a korean language program,though i think i need to progress my touch.

Hello everyone,  I'm a middle aged woman from Canada.  I became familiar with Korea and it's culture through Kpop and i the real world a fourth something woman listening to kids singing pop/dance/hip hop/rap seems very .... weird.  Lord know I've heard that more than once from family and friends. 

Anywise through discovering the music I began to explore the country and culture and over the years ... yes years now, I have grown to admire it and want to go explore it.  I wanted to go and teach english but was then shocked to discover that I couldn't because I do not have a degree of any kind.  And, due to my age by the time I did get a undergraduate degree and then a masters I would be too old to be considered for a teaching position. 

So then I decided that maybe I could work in my area of expertise which is insurance, I'm a property insurance underwriter with 20 years of experience.  So I started looking into Korean insurance companies but they aren't really geared for english speakers.  I had difficulty finding who to contact for positions, HR departments or even just a job posting page.  That's why I posted on this website in the hopes of finding an opportunity, it hasn't worked so far but I'm always hopeful.   

So if anyone has any suggestions or help in locating contacts I would greatly appreciate it.  Take care.

:/  hello I'm Tyla from the USA. I have a couple of questions and would love for them to be answered if you have time to do so. 1. Can I get a work visa without having a Korean sponsor for I will be sponsoring myself 2. Once I get to Korea can I look for a job 3. How would I apply for a musician career in Korea at YG entertainment? Please help I'm so confused  :huh:

Hi there,  I have no information for you except to suggest that if you want a career in the Korean music industry why don't you contact YG directly??  Do you have videos that you can send as a demo?   If they like what they see I've little doubt that they would do all the work to get you to Korea including Visa's and work permits.    Just a suggestion, good luck to you.

I don't know the number to the Seoul south Korea YG. Im honestly scared to death to send a video to them. You wouldn't know the number do you? Thanks for the response

Hello friends
I am Nashir from Bangladesh. Curently staying in Soul and doing MS in KDI. Hopefuly i will stay Korea for the next couple of months.

Hi, I'm Korean and just jointed this website :) I live in Daegu. If you guys need help, feel free to ask me :) I love helping you cuz I've already experienced how difficult to live abroad. Take care!

Hi guys,

I'm a Korean British guy currently living in Busan (10 days so far!). I'll be working in a guesthouse for another two months or so and in that time I hope to meet a lot of people, improve my somewhat rusty Korean and just see what Busan has to offer. If any of you are down in Busan and want to hang out drop me a message on here and we can go for coffee, drinks, go sightseeing, play sports.. whatever really!

Nice meeting you all :)

Hi All.

I am here in Suwon Korea... i like Korea very much its a good place to live, learn and earn... Korea has become destination for international students, businessmen, workers and tourists...

I am here to help as much as i know about the Korea ... so u can inbox m

Regards.

(Moderated: Please avoid copy/paste on the forum)

Hello!!!
I am Niney and am very interested in meeting people who live in South Korea, since I plan to study there soon, more precisely in the city of Pohang, so I wonder if here in the forum there is any person living there or having the experience of living in that city and could tell me a little about the lifestyle there, its people, customs and other information that may be relevant.
Greetings to everyone and thanks in advance, for the information you can give me. Bye ^ ^

Hello everyone,

I am Vincent from France, just came to Seoul last week to work for one or two years.
I don't know anybody here, I am looking to meet new people so, if you are in Seoul you are welcome to contact me !

Regards

Hey there! I have officially lived in Busan, South Korea for two months. I left South Africa to call this beautiful place my new home. I am an Elementary School teacher here, and so far I'm still rocking and rolling! Check out my blog for a view into life here in Korea and if you have any questions, please ask away! Looking forward to making new connections :)

Hello,

I just arrived yesterday in Séoul, I'm here for at least 6 month. I don't know anybody yet. I'm looking for people to share their experiences in Séoul and south korea. I'd like to meet you soon!!!

Best regards,
Sterenn Robin.

Oh. Thanks very much. Need your help. Im Victor from South Africa, looking for English teaching job.

Hi all...
I am happy joining this expatbIog.
Looking forward to  visit korea and see the beatiful lovely korea.

I will doing my attachment in st's mary catholic university hospital daejeon starting january 2015 till december 2015.
the main concern is to find an accommodation walking distance to the hospital, Is there anyone of you can help me and guide me there.

:D

email : [email protected]

Hi guys,

I'm moving to Busan in August to teach English. I don't have a degree but have 2 years teaching experience in China and 6 months teaching experience in Brazil. Do you think not having a degree will be a problem?

I am a native speaker from the UK. Any information or experiences you have had would be great!

Thanks,

Jody

Hi, everybody :) I'm Samantha, 16 years old, Brazilian, and planning to study in Busan in September. I'm going to make the korean language program for a year and then try to enter in some university for undergraduate. Nice to meet you all :D

Hi everyone ~
I'm Clemence, I'm a 23 years old French girl ^^
I plan to open a tea room (tcha jip ?) in Seoul in about five years.
I came here to make new friends (and why not a business partner ^^) and to found some informations about living and create a business in Korea.

Nice to meet you  ;)

PS : If you come to visit France, more precisely Lyon, I'll be glad to be your guide ;) send me a message !

Hi everyone! Im jack Im graphic/layout artist I am trying to find a job in busan or seoul and trying to learn korean, its so hard ahaaha anyway add me as friend! :)

Closed