Ministry of Justice Website

Is anyone else having problems accessing the MJ website?

http://portal.mj.gov.br/admin/data/Page … PTBRNN.htm

I try to click on the Permanency link and I am asked for a username and password. It has been like that since Friday morning. I am trying to check my Protocol. Does anyone have the direct link for that?

Has Brazil decided to ban all permanency applications? (sarcasm)

Hi Matt,

The Ministry of Justice website has been changed recently and it is now pure SH_T. Bypass the main page altogether and access the "Consulta Processo" page directly here:

http://portal.mj.gov.br/data/Pages/MJ1C … PTBRIE.htm

Their system will only work with Internet Explorer so don't try using Chrome or Firefox since it just locks up and won't do the search.

Cheers,
James

Ok, thanks. I just checked my Protocolo and is said Registration not found. What does this mean?

It means one of two things, either the Policia Federal still have it and haven't passed it along to the Ministry of Justice; or it means they have passed it on and the Ministry of Justice hasn't put it into their computer system yet.

Has your home visit taken place? If so and it was more than a couple of months ago then it's most likely the delay is with the Ministry. They've had my second process, based on a Brazilian child since July and haven't entered it in the system yet.

They're too damned busy with all the Haitians, Syrians and foreign medical doctors to worry about us mere mortals.

wjwoodward wrote:

It means one of two things, either the Policia Federal still have it and haven't passed it along to the Ministry of Justice; or it means they have passed it on and the Ministry of Justice hasn't put it into their computer system yet.

Has your home visit taken place? If so and it was more than a couple of months ago then it's most likely the delay is with the Ministry. They've had my second process, based on a Brazilian child since July and haven't entered it in the system yet.

They're too damned busy with all the Haitians, Syrians and foreign medical doctors to worry about us mere mortals.

Don't forget the terrorists, war criminals and murderers.

I noticed the DPF can not even write in proper Portuguese. I was checking on my spouses passport and they misspelled about 4 words on the "WARNING" page. I am not even fluent in Portuguese, but close to it.

I only wish I could forget the terrorists, war criminals and murderers, but unfortunately they're the ones who jumped the queue and are now in front of me delaying my processes right alongside the Haitians, Syrians and Cuban medics...LOL

I feel like I've been watching the 50s classic film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" forever now.

I go to http://portal.mj.gov.br/data/Pages/MJ1C … TBRIE.htm, which is Estrangeiros > Consulta a processos -- I have been going there for months -- and, yes, I am only using IE; and no matter how I enter my # de protocolo (only #s or #s, along with the dot, the slash, and the dash), when I click CONSULTAR?  Nuthin', nada, zip.  It doesn't freeze, it doesn't return an error message, it don't do nuthin'.  I've tried using different computers, different devices.  Still nuthin'.

No frakkin' clue what's going on, nor any way around this.

I tried the link you suggested...no dice.

If others are having this problem or, better, if anyone has another suggestion regarding some way to get through, I'll be most appreciative.

Hi Roger,

Click on the link shown in reply #2 above using IE.

Enter the number of your protocolo EXACTLY AS IT APPEARS complete with the ".", "/" and "-". It does work.

If it comes back "Registro Não Encontrado" that just means that the process has not yet been forwarded to the Ministry of Justice by the Federal Police in Brasília, or that they've got it but haven't entered it into the computer system yet.

When it comes to anything to do with immigration, Federal Police and Ministry of Justice you've got to have the patience of Job, they take forever. Most processes take two year or more.

What kind of VIPER Permanent Visa have you applied for? Based on marriage? Based on Brazilian child? Have the Federal Police made their home visit (sindicância) yet? If you haven't been visited yet, then your process is still with them waiting for the visit to take place. It won't go anywhere until that happens, even then it will probably take almost another year to show up on the Ministry of Justice website. Unless of course you're a refugee from Haiti, Syria or you're an international terrorist or corrupt foreign politician, then you paperwork will be done with lightning speed.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Thanks for the advice, William (or do you prefer Bill?),

Just FYI...I had become so frustrated with the MJ site not working that I began searching on the 'net for keywords/phrases regarding this problem and came across this thread.  So, the very first thing I did, thereafter, was to "[c]lick on the link [you posted] in reply #2 above using IE," being certain to "[e]nter the number of [my] protocolo EXACTLY AS IT APPEARS complete with the '.', '/' and '-'."  And although (I believe you when you say), "[i]t does work," it didn't and won't.

As regards what I mentioned, if I had been using only one computer (let alone trying to use, beyond IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera and even Dolphin on an iPad), I'd chalk this problem up to some fault I was experiencing with a single device, a single platform, etc.  However, the problem (again, as I say) is consistent, across the board, for months.  I can't imagine this could have anything to do with my internet provider (GVT) or my IP address, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

So, I'm stymied.

To be sure I'm hitting on all your points, you suggested that "[i]f it comes back 'Registro Não Encontrado' that just means that the process has not yet been forwarded to the Ministry of Justice by the Federal Police in Brasília, or that they've got it but haven't entered it into the computer system yet."

Right.  I get that (and thanks), but the thing is that absolutely (pardon my saying so, but) sod all happens.  The site is just completely non-responsive.

You also say, "When it comes to anything to do with immigration, Federal Police and Ministry of Justice you've got to have the patience of Job, they take forever. Most processes take two year or more."

Right again.  I'm here 10 years now and I won't bore you with the saga of what it took me to get my RNE the first time 'round (this is a renewal).  So, I know the drill.

As to "[w]hat kind of VIPER Permanent Visa [am I renewing]?"

It's união estável-based.

As to whether "the Federal Police made their home visit...yet?"

Yep.  That's done.  What I'm wanting to monitor for now is when the decision gets published in the DOU.  So, unless there is some way for me to resolve this issue with the MJ website, then what I'm left with is checking the DOU site every few days or so and doing a search on my name.  Yeah, it'll get me what I next need and, sure, from there, I know what to do.  Still, I'd like to be able to see the info registered where it's supposed to be and I'd like to be able to acquire the info from the site where they claim I should be able to acquire it (and where, in years past, I had no problem at all in acquiring such info).

You also suggest (as most well know) that all of these processes will drag along and take forever, "[u]nless...you're a refugee from Haiti, Syria or you're an international terrorist or corrupt foreign politician, then you paperwork will be done with lightning speed."  Would it help if I dressed up as one?  I dabbled in a bit of acting as a student at university, you know. ;-)

Anyway, there 'tis.  If there's any other way out of this maddening dilemma, well, I welcome further suggestions from any and all quarters.  Otherwise, thanks again for the advice and, who knows, perhaps we'll get a chance to trade war stories over a chopp or two one of these days (as we appear to be within striking distance of one another).

Regards,
RD

Hi Roger,

Actually, I prefer James - too many Williams and Bills in the family!

Don't know what to say about your problem with "Consulta Processo" on your end. It works just fine for me.

If you don't mind sharing such personal information with me in a PRIVATE MESSAGE, send me your full name and process number in a PM and I'll see if I can get any results. I'll check for you here and get back to you with a PM.

Did you do your Stable Union VIPER application through the Federal Police or Ministério de Trabalho e Emprego??? Don't know if it will make a difference, but it might be helpful to know.

Just a thought, I noticed that in your message there are a number of square brackets [ and ], are these intentional or is there possibly something with your keyboard or PC that might explain the problem you're having with the MoJ site? But, then again you say you've tried various computers.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team