Iowa... not so bad!

Hii,

I just wanted to say a quick hello! I'm Norwegian, but am currently studying here in Iowa. Even the Iowans seem surprised when I tell them I want to be in their lovely state. Is Iowa suffering from low self-esteem? Perhaps. They shouldn't though – it's a gorgeous place to be, and I've learned that you can get a lot of peace of mind by hanging around corn fields. Also, Iowans are famous (well, not really, but they should be!) for their friendliness. It might be a Midwest-thing – corn fed and all that. OK, so I had some issues with the heat and humidity. And with the serious cold weather that sometimes finds its way through these parts during winter. Not this year though, this year it's been pretty mild, not much snow, and generally pleasant. So I'm happy about that.

Oh, and before I forget: Hello!! :)

hello...h r u??? i would be coming to Ames , Iowa for a training for 7 days might need your help to see the city and explore culture and other things.... if you wont mind it....

Regards

funny you should be a Norwegian in Iowa! I have an American friend from Iowa here in Norway, and the reason she never wants to live there again is due to the lack of job opportunities. Her friends and family back home are constantly struggling to make ends meet. She's definitely extremely friendly though, which is a rare change from the usual shy-with-strangers Norwegian demeanor.

You are living in the Field of Dreams