Learning Portuguese language

Hi,
I want to learn Portuguese language, please advice from where i can take lessons from English to Portugues.

regards,

Farid

Hi Farida,

I have just relocated to Angola and also do not speak any Portuguese - if you find somewhere where we can take classes, I would be really grateful if you could let me know too please and, of course, I will let you know if I find somewhere as well!

Kind regards,

Mel

Sure Mel, will let you know if i find some place.
What you doing in Luanda, i just came last month. It's very difficuilt to meet new people here due to language barriers.
Even to go in markets or resturants, language is a barrier which i have to fight to survice :)

I am working for an IT company - assisting them with their dealings in Europe.

I know what you mean about meeting people - it is really tough!  I got terribly lost last week trying to find my way back from Belas Shopping Centre in Talatona to Luanda Central and couldnŽt get any directions because I couldnŽt talk Portuguese, so landed up driving around for 3 hours!

Anyway, finally found my way and here I am back in the office to tell the tale!

What are you doing here?  And why Angola?

I am working in a services company that provides Engineering support to O&G companies in Angola.
Before that I had spend time in Nigeria, but as that as a Engls speaking area so that notrouble there, even  i had some socialntwork there as well.
I am staying in Vila Alice area and my office is here as well.
How long you plan to stay here? Are you in sports or what are yourhobbies? Are you following Worldcup?

Hey

Yes language can be difficult, and getting around is worse... but eventually you will catch up. I bought a CD and studied on my own.

I can get around a bit now but it helps when you continue conversing with people. I have not seen or heard of a language school out there. But if I hear something I will let you know..

Randy

Thanks Randy,

I have also bought a CD and working on my own. But in that the regularity is not maintained thats is possible when you are dong a group study.

Furthermore, there are multiple ascents available and it gets me more confusing :)

regrds,

Farid

I have found a teacher to give lessons on language.
But timings are 1600 hours. Anyone interested to join?

Hi Farid
When I get to Luanda in October I will definitely be keen to join the class....Where is it,and what days? Very keen to learn Portuguese especially if its in a group!
Natalie

Hi Farid,

I am interested in Portuguese lessons, can you please pass me the details of the tutor that you found?

My email is: [email protected]

Thank you,

Georgia

I know Alianca Francesa  give lessons,neraby Igreja familia.
Dan

This is gonna be an oddball. Will I be able to engage capable Portuguese tutor in faraway Porto Amboim?

Hello from Brazil to all of you,

Besides being the Brazil Animator for Expat-blog I am both an English teacher and teach Portuguese to English speakers here in Brazil. Check out my posting LEARN OVER A THOUSAND PORTUGUESE WORDS IN A FEW MINUTES on the Brazil Forum by clicking on the link below. I'm sure you will find it of great help in learning Portuguese. Good luck to all of you and keep up the good work.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=151289

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

Hello Expat-friends, I am gonna moving to Angola in February 2013 and have the same issue- not Portugese at all. However I'll start now and try prepare myself as best as possible. But any additional help or at least some contact is highly appreciated.

Anybody else out there who is still fresh and looking for some social contact?

Looking forward to hear from you guys.

Cheers,
Andreas

wjwoodward wrote:

Hello from Brazil to all of you,

Besides being the Brazil Animator for Expat-blog I am both an English teacher and teach Portuguese to English speakers here in Brazil. Check out my posting LEARN OVER A THOUSAND PORTUGUESE WORDS IN A FEW MINUTES on the Brazil Forum by clicking on the link below. I'm sure you will find it of great help in learning Portuguese. Good luck to all of you and keep up the good work.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=151289

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

Thank you William for the link.

(moderated: off topic + no ads please)

While knowing Portuguese is a plus in Angola, you can always learn when on the job. Many jobs now in Angola. Google Africa recruitment agencies to find out.

Should you need a portuguese tutor contact me @ 945176624
Regards,
Ylopes

*Call me after 6PM Angola time

Hi ylopes,

Sent you a PM.

Cheers

Hi Guys ,

Please advice if Metal Scrap Export is allowed from Angola??

i will appreciate if some one can advice me more details about this business in Angola as i am planning to start on May 13.

Regards
Anuj
[email protected]

HI Farid,

could you help us finding a Portuguese teacher?

thanks,
Carole Charbel

Hi All,

I'm also looking for portuguese learning course, anyone can advise?

Toyota Master Mechanic
Hi there fellas .
First time here , so,,,,, hi to everyone .. Hope I can help anywhere I can , so don't hesitate .

Regarding the topic Learning  Portuguese Language ,
I hope you can find  a place  where you can learn Portuguese  , , the  best thing  is to engage with the Locals , better then any thing else ,  I know it could be difficult as they ve different  accents  .
It can be very confusing yesssssssssss , , the Portuguese speak different from the Angolian people , that ve a very different accent and 9 out of ten speak slang  ,  Then you ve the brazilian that speak some sort of Portuguese .
You want to learn Portuguese ? Then lean from  an Angolian person who speaks clear , or from the Portuguese .

mk3388 wrote:

Hi All,

I'm also looking for portuguese learning course, anyone can advise?

is there any portuguese tutor in lobito..
pls guide

Hi people ..

I live in Luanda-Angola since 7 days .. i need to have group portuguesse language learning..

is there anyone who is interested to join me in a group ?

we can arrange for a teacher also ..

Ala'a Shurbasi

PM me the details about the learning group

Till now I didn't make any arrangements yet..

But as I said.. I'm looking for some people who are interested in learning to create a group..

Tell me about your self :)

Anyone interested in joining the group?

Welcome carol..

I'm making arrangements now to start the training in a small group..

Will u join?

Your phone is not answering..

Dear all..

I've started taking poruguesse lessons on Monday. . The scedule is as follows:

May 5th 2014 -Jun 30th 2014

Mondays , wednesdays, and fridays..

18:00 - 20:00 (3x2h) a week

In (ALLIANCE FRACAISE DE LUANDA)

Registration fees : 2500   kz
Course fees          : 30000 kz
Book price            : 10000 kz

Anyone interested please contact me on my mobile numbers :

993 017 518

Regards ..

Hi Alaa,
Good to read ur posts here. I am only a week old in Luanda. I am interested in learning the Portuguese lang. How can I join ur class? Can I call ur lines?
Cutemom.

The numbers don't go through.
Please please let me know where can I attend portuguese class.

Hi Cutemom,
Where do you stay? I am in Viana. We can create a group to learn together.

Hello there,
I recently relocated from London to Luanda and looking for Portuguese language classes.
I would really appreciate your help.

I live in Talatona and works in Sagrda Familia

Thanks in advance
Rams

Thanks for your assistance but do they speak the same  Portuguese vin Brazil as in Angola? I find some words different.

Oloke1 wrote:

Thanks for your assistance but do they speak the same  Portuguese vin Brazil as in Angola? I find some words different.

Hello and welcome on board

To whom is your post dedicated to please?

Kindly note that this thread has been inactive since 2014

Regards
Kenjee

Alliance Francaise are very good both in terms of teaching and value.

I've studied level's 1+2 there and am hoping to continue asap.

As it's group classes it's also a great way to meet new people...

Hello, you can contact me! I'm portuguese teacher !! xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I will contact you

Closed