Filipino Communities in Melbourne

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a place for my filipina friend to live in Melbourne. She is in her 60's, does not drive and has ok english. Can anyone recommend a suburb, probably in the west that would be a nice place for her to live? Somewhere with good access to public transport, healthcare and other filipino friends?

Thanks for your help.

Hello there, I think Western part (Werribee area )is considered one of the cheapest and alot of Filipinos live here. ;)

[Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls]

Hi everyone.

I will be on Melbourne by 3rd week of May and I would love to meet a lot of my kababayan. This would be my first time to visit Melbourne for work and I'm hoping for a warm welcome for all the FIlipinos. You can add me on facebook icalex_bibiano[at]yahoo.com.

See you soon,
Ivan

Hey . How are we?? If someone could help me to find a place to rent in melbourne around CBd but it will b great near richmond thou.  Im currently in hobart tasmania and moving to melbourne in a cupple of months .  And im keen to meet new friends too.
In hobart is only a very small city not much filipinos in here so im guessing melbourne is a big place and will b alot of pinay :-) . Cheers .dnt forget to inbox me
Xfely rose

Felyrose wrote:

Hey . How are we?? If someone could help me to find a place to rent in melbourne around CBd but it will b great near richmond thou.  Im currently in hobart tasmania and moving to melbourne in a cupple of months .  And im keen to meet new friends too.
In hobart is only a very small city not much filipinos in here so im guessing melbourne is a big place and will b alot of pinay :-) . Cheers .dnt forget to inbox me
Xfely rose

how much is your budget? there's a studio apartment near Richmond for $300 a week

300 is ok pero too much po hehe. Wah me maxado pera :-(
Less kung meron po :-) thanks btw.
Ill b moving eng or jun . Ill be studying in kangan institute sa richmond :-)

*end of jun :-)

Felyrose wrote:

*end of jun :-)

There are apartment rentals close to Richmond which is about a 15 minute ride via public transport.. Rent would be around $250-$300 max. If that is way out of your budget, you can also opt to share apartment with a friend and split the rent and bills. Rule of thumb is Weekly Rental x 52 weeks divided by 12 months equals your monthly rental fee. :-)

I have no idea pa kc sa mga places jan ehh.
But anyway 300 is way to xpensive for me.
Khit share house nlng po sana if theres any :-) for short term po .
Thanks for the info po :/) have a good day

Hello Fely! I'm coming to Melbourne this coming august 20th 2014 to have my internship at Grand Hyatt. Naghahanap po ako ng accommodation. Baka po may alam kayo or naghahanap ng kashare pwede nyo po ako irefer. You can email me po: [email protected] or viber: 504-758-8228. Thank you po!

Jamie,

Viber: 508-758-8228 (????) what's the country code? i don't think this is a valid viber number.
Anyways, it is prudent not to post your personal mobile number online.

All the best   :)

hey jaime meron akong kilala malapit lang kmi sa city marybyrnong area kami okay nmn public transport if u want i can refer u sa friend namin na pinoy.

Hello Sheen! Yes I'll be happy to check the place whenever you guys are available, I'll be in Melbourne this Sunday already. this is my email: [email protected]

sheenn18 wrote:

hey jaime meron akong kilala malapit lang kmi sa city marybyrnong area kami okay nmn public transport if u want i can refer u sa friend namin na pinoy.

Hi and welcome to the forum
As this is an Anglophone forum could you please post in ENGLISH.Thank you

yeah sure if u want we can meet up on sunday. do u have any idea how much will it cost u? so that i can talk to my friend para di na nia masyado mahalan for u.

Hi how did you go ? Did u find a house?
Im looking for filipino friends eh :-) email me if u guys interested to meet up for coffee

Hi my fellow kababayans. I will be studying in VU in Feb. My husband is coming po w/ me. I hope you can let me hang around in this forum and hopefully learn new things about living in Melbourne. I also hope to find a place to stay. My agency told us something about an Australian family hosting Filipino new comers whereun complete na raw w/ food, internet and all. I'm just worried baka medyo mahal. =) Thanks po sa mga magrereply!