Question about Immigration at Jakarta airport

Hi All

Might be a silly question but would appreciate an answer...

we are travelling from london to Bali so we will be filling in our VOA at Bali airport ?
then when we travel on air asia to jakarta I assume we pass through immigration just as a regular person ?
ie we dont need to fill in or pay anything at Jakarta airport ?

just would, like some info to help ease the travel process and anxiety....

regards

rblackmuir wrote:

Hi All

Might be a silly question but would appreciate an answer...

we are travelling from london to Bali so we will be filling in our VOA at Bali airport ?
then when we travel on air asia to jakarta I assume we pass through immigration just as a regular person ?
ie we dont need to fill in or pay anything at Jakarta airport ?

just would, like some info to help ease the travel process and anxiety....

regards

Are you flying direct to Bali and stopping there ? If so you will clear customs in Bali and then no problem heading to Jakarta.
If you are just transiting in Bali then straight on to Jakarta then you will clear customs in Jakarta.

Perhaps contact the airline for info.

Visa on arrival can be made in Bali. I think a visitor visa is about $20 USD - you can pay in USD or IDR.

When you fly from Bali to Jakarta there may be an airport tax (local flight = IDR40,000 p-person) depending on the airline you're flying with.

Lastly, when leaving Jakarta there will be another small fee (international flight = IDR150,000 p-person).

Have fun!!

You will need to complete 2 cards on the plane before you arrive. One is the departure card and one is the customs clearance card. The Departure card is in English, the other no. So just tick the no boxes and sign it.

When you get to Bali you will need to pay $25 usd to get your tourist visa which is valid for 30 days.

Then, when you fly into Jakarta you will need to pay 40,000 airport tax but that is all. With Air Asia you can check in online so you dont have queue (unless you have baggage) and then just show your id with your ticket.

You will land with Air Asia at Terminal 3 which is nice and shiny new and there are no immigration or other checks to worry about. If you are not being met by a driver or someone go and stand with Bluebird taxi people and queue for that taxi company only.

One thing you might need to be aware of is that your carrier might ask you in London for a return ticket (assuming you are staying for a long time so you might not have purchased one, I dont know.) Check with your Employer about that.

Thanks for the replies! Thats cleared things up for us...
On this visit we are staying just under two weeks before heading back to the UK to sort out final plans if all goes well with my potential employer...
We are in Bali for a week first before heading over to Jakarta and the new shiny terminal, so its good to know we just go straight through and wait for the driver we have arranged.
Looking forward to it.
Once again thanks for all the advice from everyone on this.

The above answers seem to cover it.
You'll pay a fee for the 30 day VOA in Bali but you'll use an internal fight to Jakarta.
You'll arrive at a different terminal to the international flights so no visa desk at all.
It's unlikely anyone will even ask to see your passport when you arrive in Jakarta.

Have a tip. Make a couple of photocopies of your passport and give them to the hotels when you register. Keep the original in your pocket.

Are you flying back to London from Jakarta? If so check what time the departure desk opens, its normally less than 4 hours before. You will need to show security your ticket before they let you into departures and then you will need to pay 150,000 idr at the time of getting your boarding pass. This has to be in Indonesian rupiah.
The rest is pretty straight forward.

If you fly back from Bali its the same but with tje added 40,000 tax at Jakarta to fly to Bali.