Top 5 Dishes To Try In Vietnam

I dont know about you guys, but i only see noodles on the street, Dog meat (which i will never eat)

Can someone Viet tell me, what are some of Viet Favorite Dishes. Something that i can keep down LOL ;)

I can east most of Vietnamese dishes.
But problem is the name of that dishes.
Here is the link that may help you to order a better dish next time  :D

I have 5 dishes must try in the morning, 5 for lunch, 5 for dinner, 5 for dessert. And each 5 is different from region. There are a lot of "5 dishes". Which one do you wanna know? :)

Just post all with recipe  :)

Scarletvn wrote:

I have 5 dishes must try in the morning, 5 for lunch, 5 for dinner, 5 for dessert. And each 5 is different from region. There are a lot of "5 dishes". Which one do you wanna know? :)

ScarletVn
Please post the 5 morning, 5 for lunch, 5 for dinner & 5 for dessert by name please.

Names in Vietnamese and where to get this dishes........

Thank you ScarletVn

Ok ok! I'll get the addresses of them, where you can have the most delicious and traditional typical one and post. Hang on! :)

P.S: I'll post tomorrow cause I have to go now.

Cá kèo kho tiêu or xã ot,

Canh chua cá lóc, cá rô kho tộ, gà ác hầm thuốc bắc, cháo nhái thịt bầm, cá lóc nướng rơm....etc
  :/

mì quãng - best.  noodle.  ever.

bún cha Hà Nội

bánh xeo

cơm chiên hải sản from the Phú Quốc chợ dêm

mực chiên giòn

Bún Mắm is the best

I know the 'preserved duck egg' . Its also call balut in some countries. Where you eat the egg when the poor duck is not ready to hatch yet. Kinda cruel but it is a very healthy snack for pregnant ladies here. Guess it is full of protein goodness.
i have also tried fried scorpion in hcm. Just remember to prick the tail before you bite the whole scorpion...hehe..enjoy....bon appetite

Mi Hao Hao

Richard Loo wrote:

I know the 'preserved duck egg' . Its also call balut in some countries. Where you eat the egg when the poor duck is not ready to hatch yet. Kinda cruel but it is a very healthy snack for pregnant ladies here. Guess it is full of protein goodness.
i have also tried fried scorpion in hcm. Just remember to prick the tail before you bite the whole scorpion...hehe..enjoy....bon appetite

Congratulation on winning the gross-out award of the day.  I'm sure many who read were thoroughly disgusted

(My post is about Delicious food to eat in vietnam)
                         NOT
About Most Disgusted Food to Eat in Vietnam

WILL NEVER EAT:
'preserved duck egg'
' dog meat'
' rat meat '
God knows what else... people eat here!!

JVo18 wrote:

Mi Hao Hao

lol, yeah, it's the best

- My Quang from Da Nang
- Bun thit nuong from HCMC
- Nems from my girlfriend
- Pho from Hanoi
- Ban xeo from Hanoi

I do not have the favourite one, everyday is a pleasure to discover Vietnamese cuisine

maybe you should try these:
- Beef rice noodle (bún bò)
- Pho.
- Fried Nem
- Grilled snakehead fish, you could go with rice paper cakes, vegatable and the spicy sweet sauce.
- Xèo cake.
Enjoy them and tell me how do you feel?

-Ricky-

Oh yes i forgot Bun Bo Hue!!
But it is a shame because the best that i ate was in Paris, 13th district, asian area ;)

hey guy, you know a lot of Vietnam food. Where do you live?

Héhé still waiting for your post scarletvn :)

I live In Montreal, Canada right now, but am gonna move to Vietnam soon

i would like to try.. " SNAKE "

I heard they kill it.. right in front of your eyes...

where is this place at?  is it Expensive?

anyone tried it?  Is it good?

The top 3 must eat is 'pho,' then 'banh mi' and for those with a spicy palate 'bun bo hue.'

I have tried mice, cat, dog, horse, worm, wild boar, cricket, alligator, turtle and buffalo meat.   Ill be honest the best of the bunch was mice.   Ive seen monkey, porcupine, snake, spider and elephant meat but havent tried them.

So.. Everyone....

TODAY I HAD>>>>>> PHO BO>>>>>>>>IT WAS GOOD>>>>>

WANT SOMETHING DIFFERENT BESIDES NOODLES NEXT>>>>;)

There are plenty of eats in Vietnam especially HCM city. Here you can get all of the food around the country. Try the fresh spring roll, it is voted the one of the best food in the world. Go to Vo Van Tan between Cao Thang and Cach Mang Tang. The lady sell one of the most delightful fresh roll and she start at 4pm and finishes whenever she sold out. You can check the blog sensesofvietnam.blogspot for more information.

thank you sensesofviet..

i want to try the spring roll.....

Have people here ever tasted "Bánh bèo" and "Bánh lọc"??, I think they are great dishes to try.

Yeah but I like Bánh lọc  :)

bem195 wrote:

Have people here ever tasted "Bánh bèo" and "Bánh lọc"??, I think they are great dishes to try.

i would like to try.. " SNAKE "

I heard they kill it.. right in front of your eyes...

where is this place at?  is it Expensive?

anyone tried it?  Is it good?

You're brave  :sick

Frog

Sarah...

I had frog.. back in Hanoi...

believe it or not... it was really good..

they made it.... like a soup... and it was spicy... really good ;)

thank you

Does anyone try dishes from porcupine?
Some small restaurants in my hometown serve this.
I have never tried it.

Oh my goodness!
Porcupine, dog, snake, cat, mouse.... list continues..
Why don't you guys suggest some rabbit dishes and places serve it ?  :)

Sarah Thuy wrote:

Rabbit & ostrich are sometimes served somewhere in Dong Nai and other provinces.

Oh! That's too far  :)

Sarah Thuy wrote:

Rabbit & ostrich are sometimes served somewhere in Dong Nai and other provinces.

Otherwise, we can search on internet, for an example
http://www.foody.vn/ho-chi-minh/quan-an … u-thit-tho

You should try food from the center of Vietnam Hue or Hoi An, in my opinion the best of what Vietnam can offer. My favorite restaurants in HCMC are Mitau on Hai ba trung in D1 or Faifo Pho Hoai on Huynh Tinh Cua in D3.

Bon appétit !
P.

How can someone live in Viet Nam and only see noodles and dog meat to eat?

charmavietnam wrote:

Oh my goodness!
Porcupine, dog, snake, cat, mouse.... list continues..
Why don't you guys suggest some rabbit dishes and places serve it ?  :)

Sarah Thuy wrote:

You got my vote charmavietnam!
Rabbit(or more exclusively Hare) is  outstanding table fare.

Although I fear that rabbit served in Vietnam would be farmed and not wild harvested.
Therefore it wouldn't be as rich tasting due to the feed pellets coming out in the meat flavour.
Porcupine is grisly miserable meat I feel.
Field mouse is ok but not much meat.
Snake is like chewing an old boot.

I don't think eating mammalian carnivores(cats or dogs) is sound because of potential pathogens and parasites.
http://www.petswelcome.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/lifecycle_intestinal_parasites_large.gif

The duck egg is actually pretty good as long as you don't eat it with your eyes. Some people should have more of an open mind, having said that there's no way I'd ever try dog meat (although I have probably eaten it at some point unknowingly).

You can't really go wrong with Banh Trang Tron or Banh Trang nuong. The first is a salad made from shredded rice paper, mango, quail eggs, chili, spices and some other stuff. The second is a rice paper crispy pancake filled with assorted goodies. Both of them are ubiquitous around the city and really cheap (just 10k).

Not a huge fan of any of the noodles because they have too much oil and butter in them and leave me feeling bloated. They sure do taste good though.

Whatever you end up eating here should taste good, just bear in mind that the meat here isn't the best nor its production or preservation methods.

Happy snacking!