Looking for people who don't consider Doha as the most boring city )))

Hey all,

I will be in Doha for 10 days arriving on Dec. 21. If you have any recommendations on good food, good bars to drink, outdoor pools, hiking trails, or just fun places to go/do for a 27 year old--appreciate the advice.

Otherwise, I will walk around aimlessly until i discover something!   thanks for the feedback.

PS, anything fun happening at Christmas? My first Christmas away from the family!!

Hey whats good? am still fresh here in this country and i would love to do different actavities than partying every night i have a small connections here and all of them are party animals, If u guyz gonna do something new plz let me know:D

Wish u good time & Cheerz

i think u are still searching... lol

If you would be so kind as to indulge me.  I would like to pose a few questions to someone who seems to currently be semi-excited about living in Doha. 

I am looking to relocate at the end of calendar year 2014, to Doha, for a Sr. Mgmt. position.

I have accumulated hours, upon hours, looking through Doha forums, that.....well....miss the mark, hence my inquiry to you.

I currently travel for work, usually a different project each year.  I am absolutely ravenous when it comes to exploring my new environs and maximizing my activities.  San Francisco to northern North Dakota, -47 degrees in Minnesota to 120 degrees in Phoenix.

Please pardon the babble/fodder, just wanted you to know who is (trying) communicating

still in DOha?

With the positive attitude in your picture, i m sure you will a lot of friends; it s like a dream ... . the see, the beach, and your ... . It s sure, since, it s not a boring country ... .

It seems that you are a reasonable person, with character and a positive attitude. Are you really like this ? ... .

Hey! I have been in Doha 3 months now, I will be here over the next year and really want to make the most of my time here! When I speak to people I always get the same answers about Doha being  boring city but I am sure there are plenty things to do if you look in the right places! Can you give any suggestions as to things you do with your spare time? Thanks  :D

You can have a nice time at trader vics located in hilton doha.

Sorry to tell you this but is true it is the boring city but for me i make the best of my time as i have been here most of my life leaving soon to states for good .
just inbox me what do want to know i have like really allot of foreign expats , Canadian , American , you name it

Hi ,  I am a middle eastern  living in Qatar for only two years , as am not an English native speaker person , and feel boring several times  a week coz most of my time living as single here in Qatar , I found it very useful to exchange languages with expats who their native language is English in particular . The problem here is that its very seldom to find such these people , so I send you my suggestion to be my partner in exchanging languages during your free time , I'll be glad  if you accept my invitation  , am often available after 7 pm ,  waiting to hear from you. Best Regards

indeed this is one of the most boring countries I have ever been to . I have never been to a country where I had to pay money to be in the beach but life is what you make out of and since we all are here for whatever reason we have to enjoy our stay .

Ms. Gilly88;

You might also look at www.internations.org  (Doha).  I get a weekly drip on mondays, about the week's activities with that group.

Good luck!  I hope to get over there this Winter.

yah for real its boating at first time and when ur alone even though is not easy to find friends or lover ,bt there is no enjoyable place rather ur country u came from ,just handle it ,its a matter of some moment u will enjoy when u go back

ur be alright soon

Whatever interests and excites you, you will find it here.

Lol be sure that Doha is the most boring place in the world :P

I can't agree more than that, as I am bored to Death at this particular moment :)

@ Souha,

Even iam bored, would you like to share some activities,Movies, photography, or meet up for coffee :)

That will be very nice :)

Hello, I am using - conversation exchange- website for learning Spanish.
it is a great network for those who are trying to learn new languages.
here is the link.

conversationexchange.com/index.php?lg=en

Enjoy & good luck
Zak

It is always a matter of prospective, and what you make of it.   If you hang around people who keep complaining that Doha is boring, eventually it will get to you.   

Doha is not Dubai, but it has just enough to do to keep you busy and entertained without exhausting your time or budget.   It is more family oriented and safe; my family and I love it here in Doha, especially the kids.

A few years back, we relocated back to the United States (yes, endless things to do); however it took only a few weeks for the kids to ask to come back to Qatar.  We came back after less than a year.

Stay positive, enjoy your stay in Doha.

Good Thoughts.
There is a lot in life to share between two/groups.
Lets talk if interested to an Indian.
Regards, Brajesh - ************

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

I'm here!