Drum and slope tips

hiiii friends,

can anyone help me to give the techniques of drum please???i failed in first test ,due to lack of a good teacher and practice.i m still in confusion that from left which drum i should see ,through which window and all also from right ..if any one giving me a proper idea about it.i will be very thankful....

meledathu wrote:

hiiii friends,

can anyone help me to give the techniques of drum please???i failed in first test ,due to lack of a good teacher and practice.i m still in confusion that from left which drum i should see ,through which window and all also from right ..if any one giving me a proper idea about it.i will be very thankful....

There is only one foolproof technique to clear your drums and slope tests - practice, practice and practice more.

There are no shortcuts. If you are new to driving then you would need at least a couple of tries before you can clear these tests.

Keep calm and try to stay as relaxed as possible while attempting. Don't get stressed too much and it will become easier.

Good luck !

Hai Dear..

In Slope.... On the test time .. try to keep the RPM in between 2.5 to 3 (give the accelerator accordingly) in your car ,then you  release the hand brake. You can get it...

In drum.... Practice only the way,,,but to control & turn the car in slow movement,,, this gets you to understand the position & movement of car easily,..

Good Luck

Also, while doing the drums test, DO NOT keep your foot on the accelerator pedal.

Maneuver the car only with the clutch and brake pedals. When you shift to reverse gear, release the brake very, very slowly. Use the clutch pedal to control the speed of the vehicle.

Never keep your leg on the accelerator pedal while doing the drums test.

Good luck !

hiii thanks for ur information.but unfortunately today my second attempt for drum but the same story..i failed...actually i have noticed that the ROP drums were  too narrower than the practice area.also when i parked in between two drums from right side i already saw the second drum!!!!!! it made me nervous coz the practicing area ,when i started reversing little backward i used to saw the second one that was my point i turned full right.but test area it was too close to me!!.i get confused so i reversed a lil more...wat to do bad luck for me!!!!!! i failed....any more suggestions for me to win next time please??????

In that case now while practicing for your next drums test, keep the drums even close so you get used.

Perhaps your trainer was making your practice reversing between wider drums before.

But the distances between the drums is fixed to one foot length from the side rear view mirrors.

Good luck on your next attempt !

:) thank u for ur suggestion....hmmmm well c wat will happen next attempt :lol:
also plz explain me from right side where to reverse d car..also from left side.i hav to clear my doubt abt it

Please can you provide me with good driving instructor number in ghala azalea area in muscat please.

hiii i passed on my third attempt..thank God  :)

roni c.h wrote:

hiii i passed on my third attempt..thank God  :)

Mabrook ! Mabrook ! Now prepare yourself for the road test ... good luck in advance !

Thank u  :D

hiii friends,

i failed my road test 3 times now :sosad: ..the reason was round about in qurm.i was always nervous when i reached the mini round about
1-first test.when police man told me to go full R/A straight,i went direct straight
2- second test-rop told me to go r/a straight,i was hurry and he pressed the brake
3-third test-same like second

now preparing for 4 th  :unsure

An unwritten rule these days is that the cops will fail you a minimum of 5 times before you can pass the road test.

Some who do not drive confident enough will fail a few more times even after their fifth attempt as well.

I have tried 4 times drum and slope test but I failed always.
According to you guys I'm thinking about the road test.
If I can failed on drum test, because it's very easy then what will happen on road test.
If anyone know about any ROP Police who's taking “bribe” I can give him whatever he want..!!
Hahahah…. Lolzzz   :D

Hi
Ofcourse there is a short cut to clear drum slop test. I also cleared it only after getting 3hrs training. Of course you should know gear pattern and little control. Its a game of mirrors. Only you have to see 2nd Half drum in length wise then you have to move steering fully. This idea can be discussed with your tutor. And one step more, while your car is just close to touch any drum (left or right) while reversing, then make is sure to keep same distance b/w drum and car. By this your car will never ever touch the drum.
Hope this may help you.
Good luck

Thanks bro Husain,
Today was my 5th Drum test, and as always I failed. :(
Really I'm frusted now.   :mad: 
I want to change my Tutor now.!!

Hai
Today I have attended the drum and slope test first time in rop office after just five hours of training with good instructor

And got passed at first attempt itself

Please keep in mind that if you are confident st trail
No need to worry at test

The drums distance would be same as the training area

Just need to follow the trick what your instructor taught you

While takenfrom right to back, secondary Nd drum of second lane full view would touch with first drum of first row

While take from left to back, second drum of second row would be half visibility

That's it

While go for slope test
Give accelerator little
Release half clutch slowly

Now release hand break

Vehicle will move

All the very best for pass

is there any limitations for drum test,because i got failed 3 times

Just we need to follow tricks
Follow the method
What I told

Hi friends,

I just cleared my drum test and slope test and I had a harrowing time. I failed once but cleared it in second attempt. I was very depressed as I had little support except the instructor, who was also not the greatest. So I am writing this to help out anyone, who is planning on giving this test .
This is not a substitute for practise, as you cannot clear it any which way without atleast 10 classes. But just some additional points which will help you grasp the drum test, as without these small nitsy things you will keep making mistakes.

Coming from the right

When coming from the right-

1) First and foremost when you are turning to go towards right to stand between two drums, go a little straight and then turn towards right. That way you will closer to the drum on the left, when standing between the 2 drums before start . Try to understand this point .
This will help you later when turning to go between drums

2).  Now look at the back window . Tip here. Lower the backrest of your passenger seat right next to driver seat for better visibility . Now look at the back window. The back window has two panes. There is main window and another triangular one that does not go down. Yup have to look through THAT triangular window. Look at the drum of the left row. When the SECOND drum of LEFT row is seen COMPLETELY with the FIRST drum in the RIGHT row half at the EDGE of the TRIANGULAR area. STOP. Very imp - read this line a hundred times to grasp.

3) Turn the steering wheel to the right complete. You have to see all four drum slowly appearing in the side mirror of right. Stop when you see four or three drums on the right side appearing in the side mirror. YOU HAVE TO SEE THE SIDE MIRROR NOW. Not any other mirror . THERE HAS TO BE A TINY GAP BETWEEN THE FISRT DRUM AND THE EDGE OF THE CAR. Narrow gap is better than wide gap or you will hit the opposite side.

4) NOW TURN the steering to straight. This may be a problem for some. So that's two turns from complete right. Count . 1 and 2. That's how I did. Focus . The name of the company of your car will be at the centre of the steering . It should be dead straight . That's how you know your car is straight.

STOP WHEN YOU SEE THE THE HANDLE OF THE BACK DOOR AT THE EDGE OF THE FIRST DRUM

5) Now again turn steering completely to right. You will fall into the gap automatically. At this stage watch both the LAST drums. The GAP IN THE LAST DRUM BOTH SIDE SHOULD BE EQUAL. Or you will hit one side . If the gap is more on one side don't worry. Just turn the steering very little to the side that has MORE GAP.
Read the above line carefully .
Then slide it back slowly. When the gap is Equal. Turn the steering in the centre again and go back.

Hope this helps .i have tried my best but practise practise practise. If this helps I will write from left side in my next blog.

All the best

Neetika

Nice explanation .

Getting a DL was never this scary (and expensive )!

Its the road test that most  indians fail frequently.

I think its more a mental block than anything else .

Have you considered changing instructor , few of them can be nuts , + language barrier ?

R/A is a tricky situation !

hi
I appeared in my drum test first time today and I failed though I was doing perfect in the practice area .
are the drums In test area different from the ones in practice ?
please tell me how to turn from the left side also .
my instructor knows little English and I'm unable to clear any confusion .
please please help me in this .Im really frustrated and need help before appearing again

Hi mam it is very useful. thanks for sharing your experience. Can you explan from left to back process.

nice trick, I am confused in step no. 4. I will try.

HI, friends today i attend the drum test , i lost my test ,please give me some suggestions....

hey here is some tricks to crack the deum test
I. Reverse parking from left hand side.

1. try to middle the position when you will start to take reverse.
2. Look into left hand side back through back window.Slow drive back strait till you can see 2nd Row middle drum is half covered by 1st Row  first drum.
3.Then take 2 turns right side of trairing. And drive slowly while looking into left hand side mirror.
4. Important stem No.1 - Stop the car once you see the sufficient gap between the edge of the drum and car back edge. ( approximately 3/4  feet gap. After practice you can judge this gap,)
5.Important step No.2 - ¨Turn back the training rotate 2 turn to back in wheel strait position. Then go very very slowly back. You will come to know back edge from left hand side mirror is going inside the drum. stop when you fill it your back left side wheel is perpendicular to the drum.
6.Important step No.3 - Now you have to rotate again staring once again left hand side 2 turns. Then you drive very slowly while watching both the left and right hand side mirror. Now you have to stop when you will see the all 4 drums on both the side is straight in one line.
In this step you need to be very conscious,  if you fill your left side is getting very closer to drum then  stop immediately and rotate full staring right side. (Remember the rule whoever side is closer to drum you have to turn opposite side) .Once you  1 turn stop and drive again slowly then you will get some gap again. Then again back to the straight position or rotate left side to match the 4 drum in one line.
7. Easy step - Turn back the straining rotate 2 turn to back in wheel strait position. and drive back.

hi neetika.where did you give your test?qurum? i failed my first drum test today at qurum.i have been practising at darsait.i felt the spacing between the entrance drums and the lane drums was tooo less ,i took the car in reverse,waiting for the second drum to come into view in the 'triangular'mirror,and took a reverse from that point but the tail light behind the driver seat of the car touched the drum by a little.i feel i shd have stopped earlier at the first step,but donno where i shd have stopped as the spacing i felt was lesser.

Thank u for ur tips. Pls post for left to right also

Thank u for ur tips and post left side also

Was your instructor Abdul Rahman?

@neetika13 Was your instructor Abdul Rahman?