Traveling to extreme northern india

Hey fellow indians ,I was thinking of a summer getaway to Leh or Kashmir (mainly Ladakh)and so I being an NRI ...thougt some of you could help me to plan ....like which part would be best to visit around July and ofcourse What are the problems I might face etc all ur inputs will be appreciated

hiii zubaid :)
Ladakh is a good choice, I will suggest you to hire a bike or car and travel through road because that is the best part of Ladakh. The mountains, scenery, adventurous roads. Its gonna be a thrilling trip for you if you travel by road way.

Taani wrote:

hiii zubaid :)
Ladakh is a good choice, I will suggest you to hire a bike or car and travel through road because that is the best part of Ladakh. The mountains, scenery, adventurous roads. Its gonna be a thrilling trip for you if you travel by road way.

hey.... ya really this is an awesome suggestion.. ....would surely think about this and do a little research about it by the way  thanks again  :top:

actually my bro opted for the same route, from jeep via road carved through beautiful mountains. And trust me if its not by roadways  then your journey to Ladakh isn't worth at all. Because some people prefer flight who are not aware of Ladakh's secret. :)

Wish u Happy Journey :)

Taani wrote:

actually my bro opted for the same route, from jeep via road carved through beautiful mountains. And trust me if its not by roadways  then your journey to Ladakh isn't worth at all. Because some people prefer flight who are not aware of Ladakh's secret. :)

Wish u Happy Journey :)

Wow..that seems some epic journey ..and yes I have been thinking about the road trip and I will take it ....though there are some problems like (altitude sickness,renting a jeep or car, and concerned parents :whistle: ) anyways thanks again for sharing info... :thanks:
If you dont mind where do u live in india by the way

Hi,
Welcome to North India.
Darjeeling is the best place to visit North side.

Do carry your necessary medicines without fail. Because many of them face health issues upon reaching there. So did my brother. They have many hospitals on entering Ladakh  because even they know tourists face many heath problems there.
Well am from Mumbai :)

Taani wrote:

Do carry your necessary medicines without fail. Because many of them face health issues upon reaching there. So did my brother. They have many hospitals on entering Ladakh  because even they know tourists face many heath problems there.
Well am from Mumbai :)

:D ya thats for sure ...i have heard lot of enthusiasts had to quit their trips because of altitude sickness....and btw nice to meet to tanni ...am from banglore...well originally

ankur.dhawan wrote:

Kashmir, no doubt, is one of the most scenic places in India. Srinagar to Ladakh, there are several places to go and hell lotta fun waiting for you  :D  Since not everyone is keen on driving, state-run buses are an economical choice for some. If you do drive, please just rent a jeep  :happy: Do visit Gulmarg and Gurez (lesser known to tourists but worth a visit)  ;)  I recommend carrying essential supplies and be ready for an alert as Kashmir isn't the safest of the places today....though the threats are usually not of concern to the common man (especially in Srinagar or Ladakh)  :)

thanks buddy .....will definitely hit those spots .....thanks for sharing and ya i know there is lot unrest in that state but that does not bother me .....and again thanks for the concern. :top:

renu4102 wrote:

Hi,
Welcome to North India.
Darjeeling is the best place to visit North side.

haha...didnt visit it yet ,. ..though heard lot of praises of it ...but i would love to visit it..

ya thats for sure ...i have heard lot of enthusiasts had to quit their trips because of altitude sickness....and btw nice to meet to tanni ...am from banglore...well originally

Same here :) Banglore ...so you are in my neighborhood  :top:

Kashmir is the best place in northern India.. :)

Kashmir is the best place in northern India..

It is true but i feel Sikkim can beat Kashmir. I visited both the places. The disputes and clashes there have affected Kashmir's beauty to some extent.

Taani wrote:

ya thats for sure ...i have heard lot of enthusiasts had to quit their trips because of altitude sickness....and btw nice to meet to tanni ...am from banglore...well originally

Same here :) Banglore ...so you are in my neighborhood  :top:

haha well indeed ....i might even visit some of my cousins over there :/

As Tani said Go by roadways and i suggest you start your journey from Uttarakhand which is full of hill stations and finished with Leh and Ladakh............

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:

As Tani said Go by roadways and i suggest you start your journey from Uttarakhand which is full of hill stations and finished with Leh and Ladakh............

Regards,
Anil

Would surely look into it,i didnt knew u know had some info about india or u might have just googled it i guess :blink:
Anyways thanks for showing your concern , :top:

I am an Indian and currently residing in Congo.........I have already visited this places...........

Regards,
Anil

JaxonD wrote:

Kashmir is the best place in northern India.. :)

Welcome to Expat-Blogs JaxonD............
Ofcourse Kashmir is the best place in northern India but security wise not advisable to visit right now.............

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:

I am an Indian and currently residing in Congo.........I have already visited this places...........

Regards,
Anil

OHH :whistle:  ,i see when i saw your profile you were like Congo expert so i naturally thought u were local ,well that profile was indeed deceiving  :D