We would like to learn more about the city of Miami

Hi!
We Are Juliette and Benjamin, a young french couple from Bordeaux, (South of France).
We are moving to Miami in October 2014 for at least 6 months. I am is doing an internship in an art gallery in Miami and Benjamin is looking for a job as chef or cooker in a restaurant. We speak english, french, spanish and portugese.
We would like to learn more about the city of Miami, the way of living, and some technical aspects (rent an apartment, find a car....)
We are happy to be a part of US Expat Community ! :)

Hi juliette&benjamin,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

We have created a new thread as from your post on the Miami Forum for better visibility and interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien

juliette&benjamin wrote:

Hi!
We Are Juliette and Benjamin, a young french couple from Bordeaux, (South of France).
We are moving to Miami in October 2014 for at least 6 months. I am is doing an internship in an art gallery in Miami and Benjamin is looking for a job as chef or cooker in a restaurant. We speak english, french, spanish and portugese.
We would like to learn more about the city of Miami, the way of living, and some technical aspects (rent an apartment, find a car....)
We are happy to be a part of US Expat Community ! :)

That is a lot to help you with but I can tell you one thing about Miami - your quality of life will depend on the area of the city you live in. Another words you get what you pay for.

Check this link out for more info:

http://miami.about.com/od/homegarden/u/ … _miami.htm

I doubt your boyfriend can find a job without a visa. If you have a visa yourself, it does not mean he can work, even if you are married. And he can't stay more than 3 months with a tourist visa (can be extended to 6 months but then he would have to get out of the US and come back again after 3 months).