Moving to Abu Dhabi

I will be moving to Abu Dhabi in August and have begun looking at apartments online.  I noticed that they list the rent as a year, not month.  Do you have to pay the full amount up front?  I am looking for a 12 month lease, but want to pay monthly.  Is that possible?

Depending on the landlord, but most landlords like 1-4 payments (4 being rare). Its supply and demand after all.

Thank you.  When you say "1-4 payments"  do you mean monthly payments?

1-4 per year, so max is every 3 months. Am talking about the standard, but your landlord may allow monthly payment.

Check with your employer if they offer housing loan. Housing loan basically is that you employer will pay your rent upfront (to the max of your housing allowance) and deduct it in monthly payments over 12 months.

Thank you.  That is most helpful.  Are kitchen appliances included with most apartments?  Most of the photos I have seen do not show them in the units.

No its not very common to find kitchen appliances

So you have to buy them?  What do you do with them when you move?

You can buy them second hand from expats leaving the country, or buy them brand new and sell them when you are leaving. a stove, fridge and microwave would cost you around AED 5,000 so for expats moving here I don't think it would break the bank.

[Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls]

that depends on type of accomodations