Final exit visa but iqama just expired

Greetings, readers.

My company learned that I wasn't going to renew my contract and promptly refused to renew my iqama.  Therefore, my iqama expired a month and a bit before my flight out of the country.  The company did issue me a final exit visa, and it's claiming that since the date on the final exit visa predates the expiration date of my iqama, I can get on my plane.  The Ministry of Interior website states that people who overstay are subject to jail time, a fine, and deportation. 

If you have experience with this situation, please share what happened to the person in question.  If you don't have experience but have an educated guess at what I should expect at the airport, please share that.  I had no way of leaving the country when my company decided to let the iqama expire, but now I fear that I will have to pay a fine and face possible jail time and/or deportation because of my company's inaction.  I've been told that since I am white with blue eyes and I have the final exit visa, there probably won't be a problem, but I can conceive of someone telling me, "An overstay is an overstay."

Thanks in advance for any information/thoughts.

by law you have 60 days to leave the country from the date that your final exit visa was issued. Your situation is good don't worry.

Alharith86 wrote:

by law you have 60 days to leave the country from the date that your final exit visa was issued. Your situation is good don't worry.

:one

Thanks for the replies.  My consulate said that using the final exit visa within 60 days of its issue will mean "mafi mushkila" about the iqama's expired status, so I don't anticipate any problems.

Hi ive read your post and im in this exact situation right now.. My iqama will expire tomorrow and im really scared cause until now my boss havent booked me yet.. Neither do i have my exit visa.. They keep telling me inshaalah.. So i would like to know if you had any problem at the airport before boarding? Please please reply.. I hope youre there.. Big thanks!

I did not have any problems at the airport, and I visited my country's consulate general just to be sure that that would be the case, but your situation is unfortunately not the same as mine because you do not have a final exit visa.  That was the key for me- having the final exit visa issued before my iqama expired and getting out of the country within 60 days of the final exit visa being issued kept me legal and "okay."

Good luck to you.

my mother brother & sister have got final exit visa before the expiration of their Iqama now that it is mentioned on the final exit paper they should leave the country within two months. Can they use some time from that period (that means after expiry of iqama & before two months)?

tanveer4m wrote:

my mother brother & sister have got final exit visa before the expiration of their Iqama now that it is mentioned on the final exit paper they should leave the country within two months. Can they use some time from that period (that means after expiry of iqama & before two months)?

Yes, the period can be utilized up to the max allowed , which is two months from date of exit given.

We would like to go makkah in this case we don't face any problem right? i mean about the expiration of Iqama

tanveer4m wrote:

We would like to go makkah in this case we don't face any problem right? i mean about the expiration of Iqama

Its better to avoid travel and confrontation where you might need to explain your expired iqama and exit validity situation.

thanks for all comments

This is just to inform all of you that Alhamdullah my mother sister & brother got back to India safely. (after expiry of Iqama they stayed in riyadh for about one month & performed umra)

Beautiful Answer
:D:one:thanks:

I need this also :cheers:

Hi Guys,

I really need some advice about my status right now, my iqama has been expired a week ago and could not be renewed, is it possible for me to get an exit permit? our HR saying that they are unable to obtain an exit permit without valid iqama. what option should I do?

Please advice ASAP.

Many thanks

dibansa wrote:

Hi Guys,

I really need some advice about my status right now, my iqama has been expired a week ago and could not be renewed, is it possible for me to get an exit permit? our HR saying that they are unable to obtain an exit permit without valid iqama. what option should I do?

Please advice ASAP.

Many thanks

An exit visa is possible even if the iqama is expired, if your HR is not giving this the approach the passport / labor office directly and they will process this for you.

So much thanks for the good advice, I'll take a necessary step to do so InSha Allah. I could be able to breath easily

i have completed my first contract (2yrs) in my current company, now i want to move another company here.but my company is not giving final exit, they are giving exit re entry only, if i get exit re entry visa how many yrs i can't enter in KSA for other company, please advise

sheikhh wrote:

i have completed my first contract (2yrs) in my current company, now i want to move another company here.but my company is not giving final exit, they are giving exit re entry only, if i get exit re entry visa how many yrs i can't enter in KSA for other company, please advise

If you go on ERE and the visa is expired, there is a ban of 2 yrs before you can enter the kingdom again.

Hi. I am a nurse under the ministry of health, my iqama will expire on month 3(arabic) 16, 1435 and I went to the office to apply for an exit visa but the personnel in charge asked me to renew first my iqama for 520sr before he can allow me to apply for an exit visa but he told me that the renewal of iqama does NOT mean that I can still obtain or take the newly renewed iqama with me but it is only for the sole purpose of obtaining and applying for the final exit visa (as I am going for exit, alhamdulillah!) So my question is, is it really proper for him to be asking me to renew again the iqama? Is that necessary? Please clarify this thing... Thank you very much.

jks22 wrote:

Hi. I am a nurse under the ministry of health, my iqama will expire on month 3(arabic) 16, 1435 and I went to the office to apply for an exit visa but the personnel in charge asked me to renew first my iqama for 520sr before he can allow me to apply for an exit visa but he told me that the renewal of iqama does NOT mean that I can still obtain or take the newly renewed iqama with me but it is only for the sole purpose of obtaining and applying for the final exit visa (as I am going for exit, alhamdulillah!) So my question is, is it really proper for him to be asking me to renew again the iqama? Is that necessary? Please clarify this thing... Thank you very much.

No, you do not need to renew your iqama. You need to get final exit through your sponsor, meaning your sponsor's representative should approach to get you final exit and not by yourself. In any case there is no need for renewal of iqama if are asking for final exit.

Thank you for the reply Sir but you see, the idara personnel (of the King Fahad Hospital where I had been working) who is assigned to process iqamas and visas told me to pay 520sr and said that I do not have a choice because it is necessary for them to be able to issue a final exit visa to me. Considering my iqama will expire on 16/3/35... What will I do? I paid 520sr because I was araid that he won't be processing for my exit visa. Please advice me with this or if there is any number for the Ministry of Interior where they could attend to my query, kindly give me. Thank you very much.

jks22 wrote:

Thank you for the reply Sir but you see, the idara personnel (of the King Fahad Hospital where I had been working) who is assigned to process iqamas and visas told me to pay 520sr and said that I do not have a choice because it is necessary for them to be able to issue a final exit visa to me. Considering my iqama will expire on 16/3/35... What will I do? I paid 520sr because I was araid that he won't be processing for my exit visa. Please advice me with this or if there is any number for the Ministry of Interior where they could attend to my query, kindly give me. Thank you very much.

For medical professions I am not sure about the policy, as far as I know there needs to be some verification and checking done before an exit visa is processed. But apart from this check, I am not aware of any need to renew the iqama before final exit under normal circumstances.

Gud day! Regarding exit visa..i am about not to renew my contract since it will end on june 20 this year. My iqama will expire on may 8,2014 and my passport will expire on june 9 same year.  I am worried maybe some problems will occur?! Can someone give me an idea on how they would process it cause HR here is not good. Thank you. :)

Rwin,

I don't think you will have a problem exiting on June 20 with an iqama expiring on May 8, but I don't think it's wise to try to travel anywhere with an expired passport.  I recommend trying to get a new passport ASAP.

Good luck.

Thank you for the response. Because the HR here once said that its ok not to renew the passport since he will process exit visa and not ERE. I just wanna make sure if its really true or not. Thanks again.

Or there would be no problem if i will go before my passport expires, right? Thank you again.. Godbless..

I think that traveling on an expired passport would be an issue for airlines and immigration.  Maybe you will find out if it's okay to travel on an expired passport by contacting the appropriate airlines/immigration offices.  I don't think HR is the right place to go to about passport expiry.

If you go before your passport expires, I think you will be fine.

Good luck and God bless.

Hi guys, I read this post and I am into same situation right now. My iqama expired jan 3 2014 and I am leaving feb 2, 2014. I have already my final exit visa...Do you think I would encounter any problems in the airport knowing that my iqama is already expired? I am still worrying.

Hi
My Iqama expiry is 14 October.  My end of contract is 19 July.  I have submitted my intention of non renewal of contract.
So if my employer grants me final exit visa; is it ok and legal  for me to stay in the kingdom until Iqama expiry and then leave on final exit.
I m waiting for another employer processing in the meanwhile.
Plz guide me urgent.
Thank you.

Waiting for ur answer

I can think of two things.

First, the new law states that you have to surrender your iqama before going to the airport and exiting, so maybe your employer will take it weeks in advance (I'm not sure on the time frame).  Second, there is a limit to how long you can stay in the KSA once the final exit visa has been issued.  I think the limit is 60 days.

farsal wrote:

Hi
My Iqama expiry is 14 October.  My end of contract is 19 July.  I have submitted my intention of non renewal of contract.
So if my employer grants me final exit visa; is it ok and legal  for me to stay in the kingdom until Iqama expiry and then leave on final exit.
I m waiting for another employer processing in the meanwhile.
Plz guide me urgent.
Thank you.

If you are getting the final exit note that you can still stay in the kingdom for 60 more days after the final exit is stamped in your passport. So if you get it during the final week of your iqama expiry you can stay for close to two months. Hope this is clear.

Thank u for helping.

good day to all,
my iqama will expire this coming march 14,2014,,,and also my contract is finish,and i ask the employer to give me final exit,,,,they say yes but i need to stay for 2 months ,,,is this legal....and if i agree in  this 2 months is there any problem will i encounter in the riyadh immigation if  i finally go home.
Please send me some information...Thank You very much in advance.

iver09 wrote:

good day to all,
my iqama will expire this coming march 14,2014,,,and also my contract is finish,and i ask the employer to give me final exit,,,,they say yes but i need to stay for 2 months ,,,is this legal....and if i agree in  this 2 months is there any problem will i encounter in the riyadh immigation if  i finally go home.
Please send me some information...Thank You very much in advance.

There is a time frame of 60 days available after final exit is stamped in passport, but you dont necessarily has to stay all of this period. Your stay is ruled by the terms of contract. If the contract specifies that you give notice period of 30 days (standard) you stay only 30 and not 60 days as asked by sponsor. So check the contract and if it specifies 60 then yes you have to.

thank you sir for the info.....so sir the iqama is ruled out even its expired or not as long as i have the final exit and theres no problem for that in the immigration if i finally go out in the kingdom even is expired,,,,
thank you again in advance..

iver09 wrote:

thank you sir for the info.....so sir the iqama is ruled out even its expired or not as long as i have the final exit and theres no problem for that in the immigration if i finally go out in the kingdom even is expired,,,,
thank you again in advance..

Yes, there is no problem even if iqama is expired if you have final exit already stamped in passport.

Thank You Very Much Sir for the information,,,its really helpfull,,,im relieved now.

Dear,
Please advice what i can do as i am in midst of sponsorship changing process and my iqama is already expired and my former employer told that he will make me huroob if they dint get the request VIA system for changing sponsorship. moreover the MOI system of my new employer will take 3 days to be activated..as they can only sent sponsorship changing request to my former employer once the system is active..will the process be possible if my status is huroob..

Please advice

Hi everyone.. my name ia jay from philippines.. I just want to ask you about my contract... because the contract that I signed was stated that "the day I came here will be the day that my contract will be finish". But the problem is my contract will finish this april 27 and I want for a final exit but my company told me that I have to finish my iqamas expiration.. help.me please because they are frightening me.. anf also want to go home.plz answer as soon as possible..