Moved to Russia in August 2013

Well my time here has been interesting so far. The first day was the worst. My key didn't work to let me into the building, I had no idea where I was, my phone didn't work and I didn't know when my flatmate would be arriving. I also didn't speak any Russian. I can now speak a little Russian which helps a lot.
I am still here teaching English and I plan to for a while yet. I am not sure what to say about Moscow really. In some ways it's just like any other big city i have been in, the only difference here is that they don't speak English and drivers don't stop at pedestrian crossings until you walk out in front of them. It was a bit scary the first time but now I don't think anything of it really.
I am not sure what else to say but if you have any comments please feel free to leave them below.

Hello kezzab25,

Thank you for the sharing :)

Do not hesitate to participate on the other threads on the forum to share any experience or information and also to help the members.

Thank you,

Hasnaa

Be careful walking in front of the cars - do it only if they move slowly. Sometimes when there are few cars on the road, the drivers expect you to let them pass and then cross the road. Good luck in Russia! :)