Looking to meet english speakers in reunion

Hello everyone!

I've just moved to Reunion island, I live in Le Tampon. Would anyone like to meet around here?

Cheers!

morice wrote:

Hello,

I am not en english native speaker, but i also want to meet people from the english world in order to improve my skills and meet people from elsewhere,
i am lliving in the south, exactly in st pierre

regards

anne

Is it possible to meet up with English People one day? Anne wrote this last year and nobody took time out to welcome her! It's really sad!!!

you are concerned about the people here: "are they friendly?" you would ask. Yes, we are!!!but, what about you?? :/

Is there an imaginary line preventing us from meeting up? what is sure is that it's not a matter of language!!!I'm just trying to understand, can anyone answer?

:) Christelle

we are ready! Name the place and the date.......

hi gion

it's great to hear from you!! :D

You and I??you're pulling my leg!!

let's contact the others!! or let the others contact us!!!

thank you for your reply. :thanks::)

do you by the play beach tennis or volleyball ?

are you talking to me?

yes. By the way, did you know that you are The Top members of the month. Check on the left of the Expat.com where the have your name...

Top members of the month

christ974

Active members
12 posts

"yes. By the way, did you know that you are The Top members of the month. Check on the left of the Expat.com where the have your name...

Top members of the month

christ974

Active members
12 posts"

if so, you should congratulate me!!! (sorry, I wanted to put an emoticon but they've all disappeared!!!! how is it possible!)
i used to play volley ball a long time ago. and my first boyfriend was a champion in tennis!!!
why are you asking me such a question?

yippee, you 're right!!

where are all the members gone?
are they playing hide'n seek? did I say anything wrong?

Am from kenya and i speak english,though trying to learn french.i live in st.clotilde.

Hello guys,

I want to be part of the english speaking community as well :-)
Will be moving to Reunion in a couple of weeks!

I am open to sports, drinks, shopping, chatting ...

see you,
julia

juliaaaha wrote:

Hello guys,

I want to be part of the english speaking community as well :-)
Will be moving to Reunion in a couple of weeks!

I am open to sports, drinks, shopping, chatting ...

see you,
julia

hi julia,
you look dynamic!!
when will you be here?

christ974

Recherche contact Pologne dans le cadre d'un échange sportif
vos coordonnées tel sont le bien venu
J'habite le Tampon

Merci
JPP

Hi All
I am very new in this and hope you can help me.  My husband will be this week in Reunion to find out things for the tender they must give.  If all goes well, we might be moving there. I actually hope so! A change will be good. We are Afrikaans and English from South Africa. First I need to know if there are English schools. Or maybe an English teacher among you who are prepared to give home schooling? Thanks and looking forward to your reply. Celia

Celia,

I'm afraid as far as I know there are no English schools on the Island and in general very little English is spoken or understood, its all French (or Creole).  Depending where you are on the Island I'm sure there are people on here who can give home French lessons.

Rgds

S

Actually you do have english school in St.leu but for kids under 6 years old and you also have many English teachers here in the Island where they give private lessons at their place or your place..

Giovanni

A very warm welcome..
I have met quite a number of english speaker here,and am sure you can have a teacher.
I presume its for the children,as you have not specified...but since you are comming to live here,french is compulsory.So i think you ought to orientate yourselves with french laguage.
I am learning french too cos am not french,and the communication barrier is so vast..if u dont speak french,you will seem to be lost,but i like it here cos people are more accommodating and very helpful..not unless they dont understand you at all..
But welcome to this beautiful island..

Hi thank you for your reply.  Yes it is for Grade 2 onwards for about 4 years. If we are 100% sure we are going, I will immediately start with French classes. At the moment just need to get an English school or someone who are an English Teacher who are prepared to give home schooling. We can even obtain all the books. Just until their French is up to date. It is 2 boys.

Thanks that is great to hear! My one son is turning 4 in Feb and my other son is this year Grade 1.  Is there anywhere I can look for the school and teachers? Your help is much appreciated!!!!

what is your contact info so I can have them contact you. By the way, the name of the school is little Kangaroo in St. Leu....

Thanks! They can mail me on [email protected] or [email protected]
When (If) I am there one day will stick you for a drink.

hi celia

if ever you were to come in la réunion and live in saint pierre or nearby.... i may be able to help you out in French, Creole and of course English!! it's possible only if you don't mind having a reunionese teacher!

i've been giving lessons in english to children for more than 10 years;

Though i train adults, teaching to children is more my cup of tea!
Christ974

celiarob wrote:

Thanks! They can mail me on [email protected] or [email protected]
When (If) I am there one day will stick you for a drink.

hi ,
there are 3 montesouri schools in la réunion : one in the west (la possession), one in the east(beauséjour), and one in the south (pierrefonds); if you want more info about it just let me know.

christ974

Hi
It will be great if you can help me. Would like to know if they have English school or just French?
Thanks
celia

celiarob wrote:

Hi
It will be great if you can help me. Would like to know if they have English school or just French?
Thanks
celia

Though it is not recognised as a bilingual school , an english teacher helps out every day!!

christelle

Hello all

I have currently moved to Reunion from Cape Town, South Africa. I would really love to meet people that speak English.
Could we arrange a drink somewhere?  :)

Hi Ahwy,

im quite new here as well.
I would like to meet people. I couldn't find your email in your profile ...
please write me an email on [email protected].
Where do you live?? I live in St. Leu

kind regards,
Julia

I'd be Happy to meet up, we're in Saint Pierre. Any particular time and place in mind?

Stephen

Hi there

I am in Saint Gilles, do you know of any good places to meet up in the middle?
I only know a hand full of places in my area.

Amy

hi all

welcome to reunion island.

i suggest that you meet up in st leu... and if ever you wanted me to join you just let me know!!! i would be happy!!

for those who want to meet up in st pierre,it's possible but we have to be more than one!!

sheila it's time we arrange another meeting... what do you think about it?

christ

That would be great!

Awhy..
Which part of the island do you reside? I'm an english speaker and lives in st.denis.
John.

Hey

I live in saint gilles

Hi, Folks

I am from Reunion. I am back from Ireland where I spent nearly 5 years. Looking forward to meeting some native/english speakers around Reunion

See  you !

Happy to meet you.

Have recently moved to Reunion from England.

Where were you in Ireland?  There are a few of us Irish about the place! 

S

I lived in Dublin. Nice to know that there is some irish people in Reunion..  :)  Over there they don't know this little stone..
Where are you from in Ireland?
Jason1973. Happy to meet you too.. I am located next to St -Pierre..

How did you get the idea to settle down in Reunion

Hello, Im new to the island from Los Angeles and looking to make friends! I'm currently living in La Saline Les Bains and looking for work. I'd be happy to meet up if you'd like! I am an English teacher and am hoping to work with children-- [email protected]..

Hello
We are a gré ch. Family
Living in saint Paul (Bellemene)
And we are looking for some one who could  be intersted  to speak (play)

english With our 3 young children once or twice a week
See you soon

I meant French family!

Closed