Living in Congo

You are living in Congo, or you used to live in Congo.

Share your experience!

How would you describe life in Congo?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find an accommodation and a job?

Is it complicated to make friends in Congo?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Congo?

Thanks in advance for your participation

No one in congo? I have a lot of questions to ask...

BONJOUR

Bonjour je suis Philippine J'habite Mpita Pointe Noire Congo

Welcome on Expat.com jun aldujeza ;)

Can you please interact in English language in this Anglophone forum please. For discussion in French, please use the French version of the site.

Regards

Hi,

Iv lived in HOT Pnte Noire (3 month rainy season the rest very hot)for about 3 years and realy did not like much of anything in this City,poor electricity in many areas(generators are used everywhere) infrastructure almost dont exist, poor country,no agriculture(means minimum vegetation)/limited telecommunications ,very expensive accommodations,foods etc.restaurants very expensive(unless you buy local foods like kuanga,yam,fufu,meats,fish etc., just watch your bag though when you in the local markets.Gas/Petrol is the cheapest commodity so enjoy the travelling around in taxis or if you have your own 4x4.Totalbase and la ville is probably the only central places that is passable.If you a foreigner prices automatically gets doubled etc. Local Cultures are very  different, so do take care of yourself.IF YOU Marry, traditions must be adhered to, and you do need lots of money for the wedding negotiations as a man(buy wines, chickens,goats,food,gifts etc), and the female must then adhere to a LOT of abuse.(not for liberated females at all, oh! and your money is his and evrything of yours is his and his is strictly his).
Good places to visit in Pnt Nr is city centre(mainly foreigners lebonese, indians etc)  with 1 or 2 stores, banks are a few eg,Credit banque.Restaurants a few 2 confectioners,1 indian restaurant, KAFC chicken outlet. Big on hotels in main city centre with good food.
Beaches in Pnt Noire are beautiful but seldom areas to swim in and you do find a few expensive restaurants on the beach front to enjoy the view.
voila! that was Pointe Noire for me in 3 years.

hi every body!im there just ask your question i'll
answer to you!but i want to learn bulgarian
thanks for th help.a vous!Eva:)

Hello All,

Living in Congo is very easy........
Simple life style.......weekends are good in nightclubs and restaurants..........
Not much crowded like any big cities.............
There is two major city in Congo Bzv and PNR.............
Accomodation you can get as per your affordable condition.........
Job is a problem,if you are new then its very hard to get Job...........
From 2005 till now Congo has changed a lot.......in infrastructure and developments.........

Regards,
Anil