Lagos airport clearance issue. ?

Hi
I heard that there are a lot of checkin problem in airport and bribe issues are also there
So please suggest me regarding charge in airport after landing. ...and also precaution I have to take to be safe
.. lagos intrn airport

Hi, what precautions do you have to take? Do you mind explaining to me? I'm about to go to lagos on vacation. Any advice is much appreciated.

Perhaps a Google search will give you up to date information

after
landing @ d airport, you would join a queue and they would do the
necessary tins on ur visa,and you would be shown where to get your
baggage @ carousal .. , you can only be ask to give them anything you
can, they only demand for bribe wen you are travelling out of lagos or
when you are going with foodstuff #1000, and they might nt be predicted @
times

Yeah! But some times, the custom officers at the arrival gate, can be difficult, especially when they know that you are an expat or this is your first time of visiting, you can keep about N1000 to give them if they disturb you.

You may be asked " what have you got for me " its handy to have sweets or something at the top of your case, if you do not have a yellow fever card with you it can cost up too $100 which of course wil end up in their back pocket

I have been to Nigeria three times & have never experienced any difficulty. I must say Nigerians I have come across are welcoming. When you land, just reach the checking out terminal.  There will be immigration authorities guiding travellers to their respective ques ( Nigerians and International) for visa clearance. When your passport and visa are in check, then there should be no issues & subjection to bribery. From there you will fetch your luggage at the carousel.  The only unfortunate thing is that no assistance is allowed from non travellers i.e., even if there's someone waiting for you outside the airport,  the person would not be allowed to get inside the airport to help you with your luggage.  Therefore you are forced to hire a trolley to carry your luggage which is free in most airports in the world. When you get out of the airport,  almost all maxi taxi drivers will approach you to offer their services, just follow your instict and choose one. Remember to have a relaxed face, don't be afraid.

Enjoy Naija :)

Admar

Could you please post in proper English and not use texting language as some members have trouble understanding it. Thank you.

STUMPY

alright, it has all been explained clearly,no addition and no
subtraction, the most important thing is keeping a calm face...... best
of luck.

How much is N1000 in american $$

Nigeria 1000 naira is  6.1843usd

Hey! No special precautions needed. Don't let people make you panic. All you need do is travel within the law. If you have no contrabands such as drugs, then, honey, you need not fear anything. One more thing tho, please be sure of your final destination and pick up that is very important. And sure you can drive if you have an international drivers license but the question is where do you want to drive to as you know no where and there's no working Gps here.

:lol:
no working GPS here!?!?!???!
welcome to 21st Century
GPS is everywhere and Google Maps and Navigation works really good.
It shows even the smallest bumpiest road and works well in combination with Google search and gives about 90-95 accurate results if you search for business addresses.
much to the astonishment of my Nigerianer hosts "want to have too.......!"

Really! Never heard of anyone's car on GPS here. Won't mind more information on that. Will like to get one too if it really does work.

Just switch on GPS on your Smartphone and start Navigation or Maps (Android / don't know about Apple)
Get a data connection.
Alternatively Maps can be downloaded in cache of phone (whole of Lagos will fit) and make it faster and less dependant on data connection.

I did get in to trouble once in Ghana when Google showed me a big fat yellow line = highway but it turned out to be a horrific mountain path (not even a road!!) which could only be used by goats. in the cities you should be fine however. It does not always give you the best route, but you get where you need to be. It even reroutes in case you make a mistake.
I do not work for Google but this does work and is really helpful.
The next thing I will do is get a bracket and data-connection for my tablet to use it in the car ;-)

Thanks. Will try it out.

First time is not easy and you will be spotted as a first timer
Never have $100 bills
Have a few $5 bills handy
Yellow fever at the ready
A local address
A mobile number that roams
Someone to meet you outside
The money is to get through quickly you do no have to give
The carousels are quiet chaotic but all baggage is checked against your number which is better than some airports
Put a lock on your bag before you leave
Take in used football tops (Chelsea, Barcelona etc) and baby clothes if you have luggage allowance, these will win you friends a meal deals all over Lagos when you get there, your driver will be grateful as will the café workers