Employement Pass transfer

Hi,
Good Noon to Forum Folks !!!

I got a Company who sponsored EP for 2 years and i got Single entry visa stamped, now i got offer from other company,i am planning to work with new company, So can you anyone tell me what is the process to transfer or i can work with another company being EP by current company.

Inwait,

Thanks In Advance.

No you cannot work for another company with your current EP. The new company needs to apply for a new EP and your old company must cancel your existing one once you resign.

Thanks CKT,

If current company provide a No Objection letter, then is there a chance to work with new company

I'm not sure how much value such letter would have when the new company applies for your EP. But yes it is definitely possible to change to another company and a new EP, it happens all the time. It is especially popular among a certain group of IT workers :D

Thanks for the Quick Info CKT!!!! :)

So in this case do i need to cancel the old EP and apply for new EP. or Multiple entry will be fine to work in companies on contract basis...

It is the responsibility of your current employer to cancel your EP once you resign. Holding multiple EP at the same time? Never heard of it before and seems unlikely that you could do that.

You can be 'blacklisted' happens all the time if your break your contract! Makes it far harder to move companies

Thanks CKT and nemodot

You definitely need the release letter from your current employer to be able to move forward. Always be careful of people's advice on a forum - some don't actually know the rules.

Then how about you lead by example and provide a source to back up your statement Gravitas?

Thanks Folks for your kindly inputs which helped me a lot,I need you experienced guys inputs further on this.

I have few questions on employment pass Cancellation.

1. How long the process(days) in cancelling the Employment Pass takes (my current employer agreed for cancellation) by the employeer.

2. If  Passport already got stamped with single entry, will there any possibility of New EmployementPass will be rejected because applying a new EP before i get Multiple enrry from old employer.