Looking for volunteers for Teaching Charity at a temple in Dist.4

Dear Expats,

Recently, I have been joining in a teaching charity which was taken place in Giac Nguyen Temple in Dist. 4. As we plan, we will open English classes for poor people who keen on studying English. There will be 3 classes per week (on Mon/Wed/Fri or Tue/Thu/Sat) teaching from 6.pm to 7.30pm or 7.30pm to 9.00pm.
  Up to now, We have gatherred many students but we haven't had enough teacher. I hope that thanks to this post, may we have lucky chances to meet kind volunteers to help teaching. IF you are interested in this project or if you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact me through my email: [email protected]. Thanks a lot.

Wishes you all have a nice day, nice time in VN.
   Huyen

huyentt wrote:

Dear Expats,

Recently, I have been joining in a teaching charity which was taken place in Giac Nguyen Temple in Dist. 4. As we plan, we will open English classes for poor people who keen on studying English. There will be 3 classes per week (on Mon/Wed/Fri or Tue/Thu/Sat) teaching from 6.pm to 7.30pm or 7.30pm to 9.00pm.
  Up to now, We have gatherred many students but we haven't had enough teacher. I hope that thanks to this post, may we have lucky chances to meet kind volunteers to help teaching. IF you are interested in this project or if you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact me through my email: [email protected]. Thanks a lot.

Wishes you all have a nice day, nice time in VN.
   Huyen

Not long ago I read about a temple in HCMC where the monks teach English to poor children in the newspaper, not sure if you're the same temple.  Is the head monk named Quang?  I'd love to help but I live far outside the City.  It takes me about 2 hours to get into HCMC from Vũng Tàu (and 2 hours back).  You guys ever try to do an all day class?  Like on a Saturday from 8 AM to 5 PM?

Glad to see you reply Tran Hung Dao and thanks a bun for your kindness, enthusiastism, I used to heard about this news too but we are different. Actually, we belongs to the Temple's Charity Organization but its activities and financial situation seperate with the temple. We have just kicked off this project for almost 1 month.

At present, we are based on student's demand to set up classes so most of classes are in the evening. But I really wanna ask for your help for another temple in Chau Duc Dist. Ba Ria-Vung Tau. At this temple, we also run the same project and really look for help. Hope that you are interested in this project and receive your response soon. Tks a lot :)

Hi Huyen,
I am working as a part-time English teacher. I would like to join charities and have been thinking about teaching to poor children with interest in studying English. I have a full schedule at night from 17 PM - 20 PM. But I can teach classes in the morning. It would be ok, wouldn't it? I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

I'd love to, but I'm far away.

Good luck!

Are you still looking for teachers ?

Hi , I'm always free to be volunteer , but my English is mot good enough to teach , but or organize or other thing u think I can help , I more then happy to help . Just inbox me :)

Hi, I work in Q4 and its feasible for me. Please send me the PM with the details. I can volunteer and come up with the schedule. I am looking for more of these kinda volunteering activities. Thanks for coming up with this one

Hi there!
Id like to help you out. I'm not a Native English Speaker but my English is quite good as I have studied it for other 10 years in Germany and I use to live in London. My English is proved by Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (C1).
I moved here last week and don't have a motorbike (on the way to learn driving here). How do I get to there from Tran Nhat Duat, Tan Dinh, District 1?

missmae wrote:

Hi there!
Id like to help you out. I'm not a Native English Speaker but my English is quite good as I have studied it for other 10 years in Germany and I use to live in London. My English is proved by Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (C1).
I moved here last week and don't have a motorbike (on the way to learn driving here). How do I get to there from Tran Nhat Duat, Tan Dinh, District 1?

Vietnam really need a person like u guys , can u send me address to inbox ... I am not a english teacher but my english should be OK for the kids.
To mismae
u can follow with me if u want , i am living in district 3

Khuyen nguyen wrote:
missmae wrote:

Hi there!

Vietnam really need a person like u guys , can u send me address to inbox ... I am not a english teacher but my english should be OK for the kids.
To mismae
u can follow with me if u want , i am living in district 3

Nice to hear you want to help, But I believe this is the crucial time for a child to learn ' proper ' English, I have a hard time trying to correct Vn's who have been taught by Vns, ( and others ), who thought their English was ' good ' enough.

Well my English is obviously better than the Vietnamese here cause I have an degree in International Tourism Management in two languages (English and Spanish) from a good school in Germany and I lived in Cali & London. Furthermore Im gonna do my postgraduate at Uni of Sheffield (Red Brick). So if you feel that you are superior to me come and talk to me. Just wanted to help:lol:

missmae wrote:

Well my English is obviously better than the Vietnamese here cause I have an degree in International Tourism Management in two languages (English and Spanish) from a good school in Germany and I lived in Cali & London. Furthermore Im gonna do my postgraduate at Uni of Sheffield (Red Brick). So if you feel that you are superior to me come and talk to me. Just wanted to help:lol:

Your lucky, your pieces of paper will take you a long way in VN.
  I certainly  hope my English skills are ' superior ', ( as you put it ), to any Non Native English speaker, but , you go girl, they need all the help they can get. What I was getting at , is that it is twice as difficult, ( and frustrating for everyone ),  to teach some one , who has been taught the wrong way, but to many that doesn't matter as long as their English can be understood.

I think its easier for me to teach VN decent English than Native English speakers who dont speak Vietnamese. I can explain why it is wrong and how they should pronounce it. Of course my English isnt as good as a Native but its thousand times easier for me to correct in Vietnamese. BTW I can teach German too cause this is my Native language:)

missmae wrote:

I think its easier for me to teach VN decent English than Native English speakers who dont speak Vietnamese. I can explain why it is wrong and how they should pronounce it. Of course my English isnt as good as a Native but its thousand times easier for me to correct in Vietnamese. BTW I can teach German too cause this is my Native language:)

Yes maybe you can open your German - Viet school.
   Most schools do not want the teacher to speak Viet, the students must think in English as well as speak it.  I have an online book, ( PM me your e-mail address, and I'll send it to you if you like ), it teaches the student how to position their tongue in their mouth, to pronounce those tricky words, i.e, words that start with TH, G, X, etc, etc, it is far more useful than trying to talk to the student in Viet. I have many students whose vocabulary is excellent, but no one can understand them when they speak,( I know how frustrating that can be ),  the result of many years of Vn English teachers. ( I'm the same speaking Viet, so I don't bother, unless it is really necessary ).

Dont waste time to explain for this girl , we wanna help the kids but the way she is trying to show is she needs a native speaker . then forger it.

bluenz wrote:

Reminds me of this article: http://www.economist.com/blogs/johnson/ … sh-vietnam

milkybunnyHCM wrote:
bluenz wrote:

Reminds me of this article: http://www.economist.com/blogs/johnson/ … sh-vietnam

Wow,  That's a lot to be expected for the older, ( and Rural ),  VN English teachers, ( just as well, as my wife does, they can usually teach other subjects without any trouble ), but as I believe, what's the point of learning something , if you can't learn it properly, the results will speak for themselves, or I should say , up until now, they have spoken .

Hi

I am a qualified PGCE teacher from UK with Vietnamese parentage. PM me with details and I see what i can do to help out. Currently, Im in Ky Con near cho Saigon. Anything for a good cause ;)

Tuan

[Moderated: pls post your resume in the Volunteering in Ho Chi Minh City section]

Hey I would like to help, PM me with more details.

Thanks,
Charlie

Hi huyentt,

Good day. Im Alex, im vietnamese. Pls kindly give me detail when you open class. I'd like join your plan. My email : [Moderated: send details in private pls]

Alex.

xin chao huyen. i am an englishman who moved here but a week ago, and would dearly like to help, but i am in nha trang, would you know if there was any similar schemes in nha trang. i look forward to hearing a positive reply. best wishes for your hcmc project, admirable.

When do you need a teacher????  I need to get a visa and make travel plans.I could be there by Jan15th.Iam a certified Mathemactics teacher from the states. I have taught Non- English speaking students in the USA,and China. please advise                                                                                                                                        Thanks                        .                                                                                                                                                              Ray Kane

Already inbox, guys. Thanks for your interest :)

I would like to help if I can in Ba Rai. I live in Vung Tau, I work offshore 6 weeks on 6 weeks off. I have plenty of free time for teaching. I'm not a qualified teacher but I have got skills in management and presentation. Let me know details if I can be of assistance.  :)

Hi Huyen:

I'm living in Dist. 4, just give me a call or SMS address of Giac Nguyen Temple.

Mr Ted Nguyen

Hi guys and gals, I'm calling for help again. We finish our first course next week and have other 3 new classes with 3 levels consisted of elementary, pre-intermediate and intermediate after that. And so far, we have been lack of volunteers helping in these classes. Due to some reasons, now the location of classes move to Dist. 7 (3 km far from Lotte Mart, Nguyen Huu Tho St., Dist. 7). Classes are on Tuesday and Thursday evening (from 7:00pm - 8:30pm). We really need your help now so pls send me a message/email or call me if you are willing to help. With many thanks, Huyen.

what's subjects of teaching?

Hi, I'll be arriving in HCMC in July to live. Plan to live in Binh Thanh area, but would be interested in volunteering to teach if you still have a need then. D7 or D4 is not too far to drive.

Thanks,

John

Saigon Visitor wrote:

Hi, I'll be arriving in HCMC in July to live. Plan to live in Binh Thanh area, but would be interested in volunteering to teach if you still have a need then. D7 or D4 is not too far to drive.

Thanks,

John

I want to open a Worker English Club for free in Tan Binh Industry, in Ho Chi Minh City. I m looking for some foreigner volunteer friends to help me to teach english here. If someone who want to this job, then contact me: Mr the Anh (Moderated: Please avoid leaving your contact details on the forum) We can discuss late.

Hi johnduong,

Please note that you can also post an advert in the section teaching jobs in Ho Chi Minh City.

Thank you,

Hasnaa

Hi Huyen,

Do you still need a volunteer teacher? My English is good enough for that position and I am very interested in working with children.

Please inbox me some details and I can help you advertise for that too.

Thanks a lot.

Hi !!!

I am in HCM for a couple of month and I have free time... I will be very happy to help you for english teaching or others things. I am studying vietnamese at the university actually, but just the morning!

Thanks for let me know.

Charlène

Hello Huyen

Please send me more information about your program,, such English levels ..etc..
alberto.m[at]live.com

looking forward to your reply

warm regards

alberto

Hi everyone,

I  still need a volunteer English teacher to help me open a worker English Club. If you interest in this job, and then send to my email: [email protected] or call me, 84+ 909 448021

John

Hi! I will be having my short vacation in vietnam by september. I am not an english teacher but as a Filipino and been working with the consulting environment i know i can contribute to your endeavor. you can reach me trough my email: [email protected]

I wish i could be part of your team, even for just a short time.

Thank you very much.

Could you give me detailed information about that? I can join in?

i'm a university graduated office staff and TESOL certificated teacher. i willing to join your plan. please send me more detail please.

Any ticket for me to join now? Thanks