New members of the Dominica forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Dominica forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Dominica if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi! I'm new here. My husband and I along with our 3 young children are considering a move abroad! We aren't exactly sure where yet. Doing our research :) Is there a way I can add more destinations than just Dominica on here?
Any tips on navigating this site would be great too :) We are looking for a WARM place (It's been below freezing here for the past 5 months! :(  ) schools are important, safety, and being able to find a job that will provide enough income to be able to afford wherever it is that we live.

Thank you!

Social networking enthusiast, into marketing, real estate sales and rentals ... native Dominican who loves my island and wants to share the joy of nature island living with the world!

Hi there. Have been on Dominca for 3 weeks now. Beautiful island, seen lots of it already. Local people are very friendly, made us feel very welcome. Finding it a little challenging to meet ex pats down here at Roseau. We enjoy going out for dinner, having the odd beer, meeting people.

Nice having you Turny! [Moderated]

Hi my name is Tonya and I am so happy to see a updated forum I would love to connect with you all as I am moving forward with my relocation to the nature Isle!

Nice to meet you dear! Feel free to pick my brain! :)

Hello My name is Vickie Been to Dominica twice, I love it there thinking about moving there. Will be there to visit sometime next year to make sure it the right place for me.

Hello All Thinking ab0ut moving to Domiica I have been there twice, and I loved it...I will be back sometime next year to make that's where i want to be before I retire.

Hi, are you still on the island. I'm an expat and I'd like to meet new people too...

Hi JosieJo,

How are you doing? It would be nice to meet up and have a chat! I will send you a private message.

Finding rentals here is VERY difficult...in the US you can find signs indicating "for rent" or advertisements through search engines such as craigslist..here, if you do manage to find rentals through established reality companies, their websites are so hopelessly out of date as to be useless. Even direct phone calls to real estate agents have yielded no results..very frustrating.

Hi Visceraangel > to whom are you addressing your message? Please note that this is an old topic. I would invite you to start a new thread on the forum and to introduce yourself. :)

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com

Hi. We found locating long term rentals extremely difficult as well. We got lucky and someone stopped on the street to sell us something and also had a long term rental that was perfect. Since being here for 2 years now I have found a Dominic Craigslist on Facebook that tends to post rental availabilities. What area of the island are you looking to stay?

Lauren

Thank you for responding...we are in Portsmouth, for work at RUSM. I will check out Craigslist.

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Do not promote services on forum. Recommend professionals in business directory please.

Hi, I just arrived on Dominica for a 3 month stay Jan - March. I'm a single retired nomad hoping to meet others here to share ideas with and socialize. I am especially interested in finding dancing and in being in the water. My email address is ***

Moderated by Jaisan 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not put your personal information on the forum for your own security. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Victoria

Good day -  it would be a please to meet with you - if you have any question please feel free to contact me

Hey !
My name is Elise, I am French but currently living in Belgium and not really liking it here...
I have relatives in Dominica and visited the country for an extended holidays a few years ago.
I would like to live in Dominica with my daughter and partner... where can i find more information about lodging, paperwork, regulations, cost,...
Thanks!

Looking for a long term rental starting June 1st, any tips?

How are you enjoying the island?  If you find any dancing,yoga or snorkeling ideas please let me know.  I'll be there for a year in June and I plan on starting a garden asap.  :)

Hi everyone and welcome on board  :)

@ JenLaigh27,  since this thread is about the introduction of new members, it will be most appreciated if you share a few words about yourself and your expatriation project.

As far as accommodation is concerned, i suggest you drop an advert in the dedicated section, Housing in Dominica.

Any questions or looking for better interaction with members, feel free to create your own topic : Post new topic

All the very best,
Bhavna

What part of the Island are you looking to live? There are lots of people that have yoga sessions on the Island. My friend in Wotton Waven does a class every morning. Let me know if you have any other specific questions I can help with. I'm assuming you're a Ross student?

Hiya
We have a property in St Joseph and will be visiting soon. We are trying to link in with someone to assist us in having some up to date pictures. If you could assist us I will buy you a couple of drinks when we come over

Thanks

Wayne

Hello all, I am in UK and a would be newbie in Dominica. would love to meet new people and make friends. Also I have a 7 yesr old son so anyone with children also, feel free to connect :) thanks

Hi
We will be there in February 2018. Checking out a property we have in St Joseph

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751305

Thanks!

Closed