Planning to move from India to New Zealand

Winterfox

First thing to do is to check out the NZ govt immigration website for information on visas etc. www.immigration.govt.nz

The time frame could take from 6 months to 2 years. It is not an exact science.
The govt will check out all the information you give them to ensure it is correct, including double checking any educational and work certificates you have. They have to come from an approved learning / training institution.

The visas are issued on a points system so the more approved certificates etc you have the more points gained towards the visa.

Yes, NZ real estate prices are horrendous as are rental costs. And there is no market indication that they will get any cheaper in the near future.

For cost of living try this site www.numbeo.com   just type in the country and city to get the information.

Thanks Stumpy.
But I wonder if the places I saw for rent in Auckland match the prices for all places across NZ? Or is just auckland cos thats the main hub?
I saw a regular 1 bedroom apartment for 400$ a week and a house rental for 550$ a week which is crazzzyyyyy.
Were the prices always so high or is this an outcome of the recession?

Those prices are about average for Auckland.
If you go to a rural city like Hamilton it is slightly cheaper. Hamilton is only an hours drive from Auckland so people rent there and commute daily, so prices reflect this.

Prices are nothing to do with the recession but have always been high due to supply and demand as everyone wants to live and work in Auckland.

You could consider the South Island as prices are lower there and there may well be work opportunities for you there.
Just remember that it is rather cold down there in wintertime.

gourav wrote:
panacea6565 wrote:

Hey Gourav, Thanks for a detailed and informative reply to Simrat queries.
Please help to understand more on 'some affordable Fast track one in good PTE'
what is PTE ?
I am BE Comp sci and working in Indian IT MNC.
kindly suggest: some affordable Fast track in good PTE

gourav wrote:

Well PTE is "private technical establishment" , that means a autonomous private college probably in a small building or a floor only but approved by NZQA .

These PTE's are often much cheaper, have short terms courses, quite flexible with your work conditions and easy to pass :p but you have to be careful while choosing them as there are few dodgy ones as well.

Cheers

Hi Gourav

You are doing some great help to people ....

If possible could you please share one or two genuine PTE you came across in NZ...

i have 6 years of IT experience in india and want to come to NZ... Here the people are offereing 1 years courses in IT which will costs around 17-18 lacs Rs....which is way to costly...

also applying a PR will take some time....as i am not married and mine points for EOI are around 118

taking admission in one of the PTE sounds good to me....

Gaurav

^^ Well there are lot of genuine PTE's cheaper as well. At this particular time some of them are providing scholarships as well. If you are into sports and payed at some decent level then SIT ( Southern Inst. of Technology ) is providing upto 100 % scholarship and number Indians students have availed that.

Other than that do a research and find suitable one for you . Some good names are Ames, Computer Power, NZSE , N-Tech etc... They are not great but good for what you paying for ....

cheers

sir
          i am jana from india i am working as advocate  i interested visit new zealand

bandari janardhan wrote:

sir
          i am jana from india i am working as advocate  i interested visit new zealand

Welcome to Expat.com.

Could you please introduce yourself to the forum with some information about yourself.

For NZ visa information and applications www.immigration.govt.nz

Hello All,

[email protected].

I am Samir, from Bangalore. I am interested in migrating to Newzealand. Please drop in a mail to my ID and I will give you the complete details abt me and my family.

Thanks in advance

Samir

samir.r.rao wrote:

Hello All,

[email protected].

I am Samir, from Bangalore. I am interested in migrating to Newzealand. Please drop in a mail to my ID and I will give you the complete details abt me and my family.

Thanks in advance

Samir

You  first need to go to this website www.immigration.govt.nz to see if you qualify for a visa. Sending your details to someone will not get you there.
This website will give you all the details and information regarding visas and applications. There is no quIck way to get to NZ, You must go through due process.

For cost of living www.numbeo.com

Agree with Stumpy  :thanks:

Sameer bro please do not take migration as something which will happen by doing a blind post in a forum or website .. Its a lengthy process that requires a thorough investigation / Research and self assessment. If you are skilled and your skills are in demand in NZ + you have decent work experience working with a renowned company then yes go forward, Submit your EOI ( expression if Interest) and prepare for documents.. Immigration NZ and we all will guide you in that .

Thank you

samir.r.rao wrote:

Hello All,

[email protected].

Thanks in advance

Samir

Hi,

I am currently living in India. I am finance professional, working for the past 10 yrs. Exploring the idea of living in NZ due to better work life balance.

I have few qs:

1. How is the job market like for finance professionals
2. How are ppl there - are they open to expats, friendly etc.
3. How is the quality of education( for my son who will start schooling next yr)

Rgds,
Santhosh

Whoaaaa, this thread of mine is still active after so many years :). BTW, I recently moved to Australia after spending a few years in USA. I will love to share my experiences so far if any prospective immigrant needs me to.

Winterfox, the immigration to Canada is stalled. I also waited for a few years before moving to Oz. Lets get connected.

Hi Team,

Hats off to wonderful service you are doing answering queries of people with lot of patience !

I am from India - 6+ years in IT. I checked at the EOI - just reaching 100. I have simple question can I take a chance ? My concern is how much is the possibility that I could be invited for application with 100 points  (as I heard - after 6 months my EOI will become obsolete.) . Also even to submit an EOI I need to pay 510$ - please let me know if my understanding is correct.
Assume if I get a resident visa, then do I need to mandatorily stay in NZL for atleast 184 + 184 = 368 days over a period of  24 months to get the PR or I can be in India itself and get my PR approved..

Please guide me thanks..

hi I m a physiotherapist from India with 4 years of experience .Now working in Dubai since 1 year.I and my husband are planning to relocate to New Zealand.My husband is a Indian CA and pursuing Cfa level 3international.

want to know how New Zealand is as a country,cost of living?
How are the job opportunities for both of us?

meera shah wrote:

hi I m a physiotherapist from India with 4 years of experience .Now working in Dubai since 1 year.I and my husband are planning to relocate to New Zealand.My husband is a Indian CA and pursuing Cfa level 3international.

want to know how New Zealand is as a country,cost of living?
How are the job opportunities for both of us?

For visa applications and information www.immigration.govt.nz.
For cost of living www.numbeo.com

[Moderated: Off topic.]

How easy is it get a job in any part of New Zealand for a foreigner with an MBA from Australia having over 5 years of experience?

Pls reply. My email: [email protected]

ahmed shanty wrote:

How easy is it get a job in any part of New Zealand for a foreigner with an MBA from Australia having over 5 years of experience?

Pls reply. My email: [email protected]

At the risk of repeating myself, visa applications and information www.immigration.govt.nz 
Cost of living www.numbeo.com 

Please read previous posts on this subject as this information has been given many times before.

Hi all , I am an investor. Can anyone tell me if I buy some rental property in new Zealand and later a house then can I live in new zeland to change my living style.

^^ I am not getting you what you are trying to say and on what basis.

Anyone can buy property in NZ but mind it property and houses are exorbitantly
priced in NZ. Its not that easy to buy a property unless you are a millionaire in India.

And if you have this much money then go for investment category:
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/invest/

Cheers

Thanks gourav for ur respond. Actually I just want to change my life and life style from India to New Zealand and quite curious to know dat is it possible to live in New Zealand without having any professional  degree and buy a house or any commercial property.

very imp :  you need to have  a job offer letter from the New Zealand or  you could apply by the long and short shortage skills  .

Sanekhatri wrote:

Thanks gourav for ur respond. Actually I just want to change my life and life style from India to New Zealand and quite curious to know dat is it possible to live in New Zealand without having any professional  degree and buy a house or any commercial property.

You may be subject to NZ laws regarding purchase of property by overseas investor. I suggest you do an online search for information on this.
If you own a property it does not necessarily mean you can live there. You need a visa of some kind. For this information and applications www.immigration.govt.nz 
NZ is not a cheap country to consider buying real estate. Have you checked out prices online.??  Average house price in Auckland is $835,000.

You may be able to purchase a commercial property and run a business there. Check out the visa site for this.

Thanks again, I already cross checked the price of property it's vary to lactation, but one the person I talked who just return back to New Zealand mentioned that investing some amount approx 500,000nz$ then you can apply  for PR.

Sanekhatri wrote:

Thanks again, I already cross checked the price of property it's vary to lactation, but one the person I talked who just return back to New Zealand mentioned that investing some amount approx 500,000nz$ then you can apply  for PR.

Yes you can apply for PR if you invest $500,000 but it has to be in a business not investment property as you have to also employ people. I would check this out carefully as the amount may have increased and the law changed regarding how many people you have to employ.

Hi to all, I am planning to buy some winery which with house house in this way I think I can full fill all the requirements.

Sanekhatri wrote:

Hi to all, I am planning to buy some winery which with house house in this way I think I can full fill all the requirements.

That would be the better way to go. You can then employ people to fulfill the regulations regarding investment.

Last night the NZ govt announced that they are looking to stop overseas people buying up real estate, not investing in the country and not residing here. This is to try and stop overseas investors paying exorbitant prices which in turn makes it too hard for locals to buy.

hi ,

I am looking out for any job available in New zealand . I am a graduate in B.Com . I have 6 yrs of work experience in India
. please mail me : [email protected]

rohan fernandes wrote:

hi ,

I am looking out for any job available in New zealand . I am a graduate in B.Com . I have 6 yrs of work experience in India
. please mail me : [email protected]

Welcome to Expat.com.
Unfortunately you will not get a job in NZ by merely asking on this site.
You first have to apply for a visa to get a job in NZ. For visa information and applications www.immigration.govt.nz

The NZ govt have a list of skills that they are seeking so if your area of expertise is on the list you have a chance of getting a visa. Good luck.

Hello friends :)

my name is raunaq.i passed out bio medical engineering by 2012.i also have 2 year work experience in marketing.
       I want to do one year diploma course in business management in Auckland.
      So I just want to know that after this course what is the job Possibilities there?  And after that PR is easy or not ???

Thanks & regards
raunaq

Simrat,

I am Software engineer, having 8+ years of experience.

I am looking forward to move either NZ or AUS. Please share your experience which option will be better for me.

raunaq wrote:

Hello friends :)

my name is raunaq.i passed out bio medical engineering by 2012.i also have 2 year work experience in marketing.
       I want to do one year diploma course in business management in Auckland.
      So I just want to know that after this course what is the job Possibilities there?  And after that PR is easy or not ???

Thanks & regards
raunaq

It is difficult to tell what job opportunities would be like a year from now. You may n ot get exactly the position you want initially as employers may want experienced staff.
PR is not easy. There are forms to fill in for the application which takes time and there is no guarantee of getting PR.

deepakvparmar wrote:

Simrat,

I am Software engineer, having 8+ years of experience.

I am looking forward to move either NZ or AUS. Please share your experience which option will be better for me.

For visa information for Australia www.immi.gov.au  The unemployment rate is rising here in Australia and so companies are hiring locals and not overseas applicants.

For visa information and applications in NZ www.immigration.gov.nz   NZ has a list of skills which they are specifically seeking so if your expertise is on the list then your application will be looked at favorably if you meet all the required criteria.

How is the job situation in NZ now? I have got a job offer from one of the accredited company and I am considering to accept the offer and move with my wife and kid. Is it a wise decision to move? I am currently in Bangalore, India

PGD wrote:

How is the job situation in NZ now? I have got a job offer from one of the accredited company and I am considering to accept the offer and move with my wife and kid. Is it a wise decision to move? I am currently in Bangalore, India

You need to work out whether the offer pays more than you would get in NZ and has better conditions.
Just be aware that living expenses are higher in NZ than India. For cost of living www.numbeo.com

Hi

That's nice to hear. I am looking forward to move to Australia. Please help me / guide me.

iamsgk wrote:

Hi

That's nice to hear. I am looking forward to move to Australia. Please help me / guide me.

You fist have to see if you qualify for a visa. For visa information and applications www.immi.gov.au

Want to move to New Zealand for Study
can anyone help me about it
please email me on
[email protected]