Ceiba Builders

Hi
I was in Belize last week to sign the paper work and have now purchased my piece of the Jewel. We are going to initially put a smallish wooden house on it while clear the secondary growth, and decide where on the acreage  to build our forever home.
Have any of the folks on here any experience of the Cieba company from Santa Elena have met them and am likely using them for the small prefabricated house, as I liked the examples I saw. But if any feed back on their more permanent houses would be much appreciated.Reliability of the estimates of costs and Build times and quality of finished product. The land is in Cayo district near Belmopan so any other recommendations of builders for that area would also be gladly recieved.

You might want to try Centric LTD,  You can google them.  I met the owner in the air port in placencia and was very impressed with the product that they offer.  I have 17yrs commercial construction in the states and will be using their product for my house in placencia.  The housing construction is built using the SIPS method.  You can also google.  You will have the security of first world engineering and the cost of belize as the panels are made to order per design in belize city.

Hi Boatlover tried to find the centric company all I can find are links to there patented lumbar process interesting as that is it does not give me any info on buiding houses in Belize. If there is a different link to their building operations in Belize it would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi,

Below is the web site. I have also included a couple more on SIPS construction and free housing blue prints that centric uses and can build to.

www.centricltd.com/centric_002.htm

- www.sips.org/

- www.freegreen.com/

I hope this helps.

Hi boatlover and terrific,

Boatlover ditto for me on the Centric, and Terrific all I could find for Ceiba are real estate agents.  Would love the builder contact information if you're willing to share it! Thanks so much!
Jackey

Hello,

You can contact centric LTD. here [email protected]  I am no way affiliated with centric LTD just very interested in the product they offer.  keep me up to date if you move forward with the housing construction as I would like to lend a hand for more experience with SIPS construction.

Thanks Boatlover!

Jackeyb, 

keep me in the loop with your experience with centric ltd. 

happy building

Boatlover

A bit delayed sorry But because the office building says  Cieba I was confused. The building operations out of st Elena is  not Cieba but found on the web under the name of " West road" and the web address is westroadbelize.com.  It has some pictures on its web site, with very nice designs.
Although I was impressed and do want to work with them for  larger buildings in a couple of years time, I am having our initial simple home base built by Mr Amelio Coc, during our  earlier enquiries his name was given by several satisfied customers both Belizean and expats. We got his very reasonable estimate which included a very detailed materials cost list. He also visited the site and made his suggestions to the best position on the site to benefit from the views.  So this apparent true involvement, added to several personal recomendations  made it an easy decision.

Hello Terrific!
If you look to the back of the Ceiba Realty property, there is a new building on the right next to the road, which is the new Ceiba Realty building, but it may also house Paul's construction business. It was bulit by Paul Lohr and his crew. It is a really beautiful 2 story building constructed primarily of local hardwoods, with a lot of custom features. The craftsmanship is really impressive, especially the detailed interior work. The crew also custom-built an incredibly  beautiful desk that is made from 7 different Belizean woods and lacquered like a sheet of ice.
They have a sawmill on the Hummingbird Highway, and can custom cut wood from your property for your project. You might also be able to 'trade' cut for uncut wood (trees).
I do intend to use Paul to build my house, but I will use a Mennonite house for the interim structure. They are an honest and reliable group of individuals, who have been a pleasure to do business with, and I look forward to working with them in the future.   :top:

I agree I will most likely be using these guys for our forever house, At the moment I wanted something more basic and inexpensive, for my son to reside in and a place for the family visitsors  for a couple of years while we clear secondary growth and make decisions on location within our acreage. I am going with  a local man from the cayo area his work is really good and he is honest as the day is long. Will continue to work with him also for smaller and simple buildings. Nice to know about the wood thing with the brothers, havent done any proper inventory yet (have a local woods man coming to do that in the next few weeks) He will tell us what  we have and if there are a couple we would be happy to take down for our next house.