New members of the Italy forum, introduce yourself here

Hi everyone,
I'm glad I'm in this community. I am interested to know how to find a recommendation.
It helps me any advice from you. Please share with me your experience.
Thank you.

Professional driver with auto mechanics school.
20 years experience in distribution as a commercial agent. Mannered, responsible, honest. No family obligations. Age 45 years.Non-smoking.
Looking for a job in a company or a private driver.

Hi there everyone!
Im Kevin and i've been living in Genoa for eight years now. Im originaly from Manchester, England. Well, i met my now wife (Italian) in Winchester where she was working for a few weeks. After many journeys to and from Genoa over the next year, i decided to stay! In these eight years i've learnt the many ups and downs of living here. I hope by joining the forum i can get to know some other people in my area, and help out with any questions.
See you around, Kevin!

Hey my name is Jedske.I am an SA, Living in Namibia, married to Namibian and has a daughter born in Namibia. My husband is a self taught classical artist and we consider to move to Florence Italy so that he can study at the Angels Academy for 4 years. Our biggest concern is the Visas, how it work and were do I get an income. Mostly our daughter is 3years old and she is in a day care!

How is life there and accommodation, schools, work, only speaks Afrikaans and English?
Would be glad to here from any person who moved from SA or Namibia that knows the visas time limit and what the steps is.

Best Regards
Jedske

Hi,
Nice to make friend with u. i'm Loan,vietnamese.

best

Hi,
I'm pretty much a novice here but not a novice with computers though :) . I am Stephen Meya by name and I'm a final year final semester student of Information Communication Technology in Radford University College. I've been accepted to study for an M.Sc in computer and automation engineering at Siena (My dream city) and I really want to make friends before I get there in September. I've always loved travelling and studying abroad and that's why I took the opportunity to study here in Ghana. Singapore has been my all time favourite country because of the experience i had there, but ive been told by my cousin that Italy would blow my mind. I hope it comes true though, and hopefully I get to find love and settle down (obviously not getting younger as the days go by)..... Would love to hear from everyone here...... Cheers!!!

hi even if i'm not an expat,i'm from milan and i like to see when people from all over part of the world appreciate my city,with curiosity and want to konw how it was made the milan cathedral,the triuumph arch(the same as in paris),when they see the castle,the city museums,the city doors and so on,THE LAST SUPPER,the main art opera by worldwide master of everytime LEONARDO DA VINCI,but all think is the MONNALISA in paris,THE STATUE OF LIBERTY,you can see the original on DUOMO facade,all they know what to find in paris,new york or everywhere,but not in milan,believe me milan is really underrated as tourist city.Milan is not only business and finance(stock market is here)or fashion compared to other italian city.Dont forget to eat some typical city dishes,"risotto alla milanese" and "cotoletta alla milanese"

Hi everyone!  I'm Karen from Australia. I'm moving to Milan at the end of April and to study Italian for at least 1 year. I'd be keen to meet up with other expats who have made the move to Italy to discuss their experiences, tips and suggestions.  Also people who want to explore Milan together.  I'd prefer to meet up during the day, as during the evenings and weekends I will be spending time with my boyfriend (finally... after many months of living on opposite sides of the world!!)

I definitely want to explore any place I have not yet been. And Milan is one of them.. I will feel very ugly there surrounded by all those super models I am sure... but what the heck. If you want to explore I am in!

Dear Sir/Madam
i came from Cameroon, i am a camerounian, age 30 years old, holder of Advance level Certificate. working as housemaid in Cameroon.
living in Cameroon wishing to come to Italy to work as housemaid.

Hello!  My name is Eileen and I'm strongly considering a move to southern Italy, as a retirement spot.  Crotone is specifically where I want to spend time for at least a year while traveling in Italy looking for a permanent spot.  I am currently living in Los Angeles, California and I'm American.

I will be bringing my beloved dog with me, and would love to start communication with anyone who knows or lives in southern Italy.  If you know Crotone, even better. 

I would love to hear from you!

Hi everyone...
I have just moved from California to here in Milan and plan to stay here for long of course if I can start something or get a job ....love the city but found it hard to make friends here..specially when you don't speak the language ....love to meet new people or maybe be more ...I am single !!!!

Most fun part of going somewhere, is starting from scratch AND learn a new language. I wouldn't look for English speaking people.. I would look for people that do NOT speak English. ;)

HI,iam prashanth  and i got admission in  siena university ,so help me bros

Hi everyone! I'm currently living in Germany and will be visiting Florence, Italy, on May 22 - 27!  I love to travel and explore culture and one of the dream places I want to visit is Florence, yey! I was just blown away by Rome - utterly fascinating and steeped in rich history!

If any of you have any suggestions on what to explore and do in Florence for 3 days,do let me know. I would be so happy to plan a detailed itinerary as my sense of direction is just horrible, haha! Would also love to meet up with English speaking people and native Italians as well, in case you know of any such meet-up on the dates I'm there. 

Have a gorgeous day and keep smiling! :)

Angela

Hi prashanthkankanala2180,

Can you give more details about the kind of help you are looking for?

Regards,

David.

Ooops.. Wrong topic. I'll move my query to the proper forum :) Cheers!

Hello Everyone,

I am Mandar, 28 year old Indian guy...I did my graduation in Coventry, UK. So got to experience british life style for around 4/5 yrs..work brought me in Italy ..initially was located in Forli. Emilia Romagna region.. since beginning of this April shifted to Torino, as I changed my job..it's a beautiful city indeed...Look forward to meet some interesting people..make some friends to hang out with or for some activities..or to explore in and around city  :)

Hey all...my name is Willy...I'm moving to Naples Italy in June 2014. I'm looking to meet some people and learn the ropes. Any tips you got, please don't hold back. Lay it on me...I look forward to interacting.

Hello hello!
My name is Sakura, I'm Indonesian-Japanese.
And I'm currently in my last year of study in Milan!

-Sakura

Hi !

I've recently been offered a teaching post in Milan and am putting all feelers out to get to know this area !  Have so much to sort out and all before August, excited to say the least !!! Any info I can find on here would be a bonus and maybe find a few friends along the way ! Is It as expensive as I've heard ??

Sarah

Hey Guys! I'm Ryan.. I'm currently living in Milan and am interested in meeting new people. This looks like a good place to start. Hope to hear from some of you guys!

Cheers!

Hello world!
I'm Francesca, a new member of this community and I'm please to meet the members:-)
I'm an on line travel consultant with my websites [link moderated] for Australian Holidays and [link moderated] for the other destinations in the world..so contact me for your trip!

QuarterLifeCrisisTraveler wrote:

Thank you! I will definitely try it.

how are you best who is there

[Hello sarah how are you i live in Tanzania near by kenya welcome here

Hi everyone!

I'm Marjolein and I'm from Holland. I speak Dutch and English and I really want to learn Italian. Is there someone in Milan who wants help me with that and who is also good company?

I'd like to have some friends around here!

Ciao

Hi Friends,

I am Nupoor i am from India Mumbai....I am getting a job opportunity in Italy,Rome. So my Visa procedure is going on...Since i am new before i get there i need a help of accomodation....where can i stay in reasonable rate or is there anyone with whom i can share an apartment...any hostel etc.

Some inputs on the same would help me aaalot to get there soon and settle soon.

Thanks

Hi I am Surajsinh kawade, I am new to this community, Well I keep interest in learning different languages and different cultures around the world , I want to start this by learning Italian language first and then Italian Culture,I will be moving to the Italy in year or so. So I am in search of Italian friends in Pune who can help me to learn italian language and Italian culture.I am in search of friend circle in pune. Everyone is welcome to join . Frankly I am very ggoo person t maintain relations with friends.

Thanks 7 Regards,

Surajsinh Kawade

+91 8805940530

Hi everybody,

My name is Quentin, I'm French, 27 years old. After living for sometime in India, New Caledonia and Peru, I moved to Turin a few months ago for a new job.

I'm looking for international people to meet in Turin. I speak French, English, Spanish, Italian and a little Hindi.

If anyone is down to catch up over coffee or drinks to talk about traveling, food, cultures, movies, music or else, let me know !

Thanks,

Cheers

Quentin

Hello Everyone,

This is Yeshasvi from India. I am currently doing my masters in advanced robotics which is an erasmus mundus programme. For the first year I am at Nantes, France and for the second year of master (which starts from oct 2014) at University of Genoa. But I am coming to genoa on 10th July for summer intership. I am looking for a place to rent. Kindly let me know if you have any contacts.

Thank you

hi
am vinent i am from india. i ve completed Msc Nusing. am lookg for a job in Italy. if anyone could tel me the procedure please.

Hi guyz!
My name is Shama and I am from Malaysia.
I am a International Model and Beauty & Lifestyle Coach.
I came to Italy 15 years ago to model and have been here ever since.
I am based in Milan, the fashion capital and offer assistance to foreigners.
I speak Italian English Tamil (my native language as I am of Indian origin) and bahasa Malaysia our national language.
I am looking forward to master Chinese and Arab, my next mission.

Now I have read most of the post on this forum from all of you looking for accomodations, new hobbies, friends, and last but not least to pick up Italian.
All good stuff all possible with the right company and guidance.
Now I cant speak for the other cities but I can assist you if you are In Milan or planning to come or relocating to Milan.
I also assist as a translator and consultant for various events and exhibitions.
Feel free to drop me a line.
I miss having English speakers to network with.
I love to catch up chat and share my experince with you folks xx

Best regards,
Shama D :)

hi am vinent
       am frm coimbatore tamilnadu. its gud to c a tamilian.

hi am vinent
       am frm coimbatore tamilnadu. its gud to c a tamilian.

Shama, thanks for the tour and company in Milan.

It was amazing!! You rock!

Shama Devi wrote:

Hi guyz!
My name is Shama and I am from Malaysia.
I am a International Model cum Business Entreprenuer.
I came to Italy 15 years ago to model and have been here ever since.
I am based in Milan, the fashion capital and offer assistance to foreigners.
I speak Italian English Tamil (my native language as I am of Indian origin) and bahasa Malaysia our national language.
I am looking forward to master Chinese and Arab, my next mission.

Now I have read most of the post on this forum from all of you looking for accomodations, new hobbies, friends, and last but not least to pick up Italian.
All good stuff all possible with the right company and guidance.
Now I cant speak for the other cities but I can assist you if you are In Milan or planning to come or relocating to Milan.
I currently assist parties as a translator and consultant for various events and exhibitions.

Feel free to drop me a line at my email: [email protected] 

I miss having English speakers to network with.
I love to catch up chat and share my experince with you folks xx

Best regards,
Shama D :)

You are welcome.

Hi I'm Katya!
   I am originally from the USA but am currently doing a 6 month internship in Hamburg, Germany. Last year I also spent the entire year living in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium. I plan to return to the U.S. in August to finish my undergraduate. In December I will go to Milan, Italy to take an Intensive Italian Course until April. I would like to have a part-time job while there in order to practice my increasing Italian skills. I'm starting to get really excited to go, just trying to work out all the details early! :)

Hello Everyone,
I am Kumar, 66 years old man from India. I lived in Varese and Bergamo. I got Carta di Soggiorno (permanent) in 2008.
Now a days I am in New Delhi. I was born and brought up.in Delhi-6.
My mother-tongue is Hindi, I am well conversant in English, I forgot Arabic, which I learnt 35 years ago, Italian depends. I also speak Punjabi and Urdu. 

Can I be of any help to you?

Im Amila and I live nearly 9 years in Italy.Im 30 years old,Im a Sri Lankan.

Hello! I am Diana. I live near Varese, about an hour out of Milan with my husband (italian) and two kids. I have been in Italy for over 10 years now, but new to this forum. Looking forwards to chatting with you all!

Hey, My name is Corey! I just got a job for 2015 in Verona and would like to meet some cool people and have some friends to meet up with once I move to Italy!

Closed