Family living in KL--Malaysia--Monthly Mature Expenses

Hi

i am thinking about joining MM2H program with my all family to relocate to Kl-Malaysia, now i am obviously wondering about the living cost there. I search the forum before posting and found some good information but still wondering what i am getting into so here are some questions

now i own and operate a business with overseas income(not taxable under MM2H) , i want to set the budget within 7000 US$ -10,000 US$ /month

Family of 6 members, 2 male adults, 2 female adults, 2 kids

cost for best medical providers, routine checkups, medicines etc
4 bedroom house rent in mainstream affluent area
Or
4 bedroom luxury apartment
i am not sure which is a better choice
2 kids (age 14 and 4 ) education cost
university cost for female (under grad program)
Grocery Cost
monthly petrol cost (school, market and entertainment runs-2 cars) with car maintenance
single maid cost
house security (not sure how is it there in KL, absolutely needed or just for sake)

I will appreciate the suggestions and answers

Thanks

It might be possible but I think you may need to increase your budget to US$12-15k/month otherwise your expected standard of living might be lower than you think.

The only way to be on MM2H is for parents and their children to be involved.  There are no options for the MM2H holder to bring their in-laws or own parents along for the ride.  Those adults have to put up the cash and prove they have the income themselves. In other words, adults have to sponsor themselves and have the right income and cash deposits. Adults over 18 years of age can apply for a student visa, but it is not connected to the MM2H programme.

Hi a good education will coat you 25-30,000 USD a year. It is crazy as costs more than an MBA  at a good USA university! But education is expensive in kl.

So 5,000 USD on 2 kids per month say.
Then rent well for a good place high end 3000 USD per month.

A good nanny I know gets 6,000 Usd per month (a high end British one). You can get a fillipino for a lot less say 1000 usd including agency fees.

I could go on but if you want luxery kl coats more than UK as a good nanny  or maids are actually cheaper.

A maid that just cleans is cheap and ok. If you want help with children then price shoots up.

Obviously one can live cheaper, but if you want to live luxery then prices are high in Malaysia

When applying for an MM2H the fixed deposit can be reduced if you have invested over RM1 million in property in Malaysia. For me it was RM60k. Yes your children need to be below 18 and only your wife and own kids can be included. Also you need proof that you have an overseas income of at least RM10k which I think shouldn't be a problem for you.

Yes you need to revise your budget otherwise you will not be living a very luxurious lifestyle.

thank you everyone for replying, wow i thought USA/CA/UK you can live a very good life in 10-15k US$
seems like its higher in KL then that, so if realistically speaking i need 15k -20k $ range to live a life i am expecting.
and school fees are absolutely crazy, i am wondering how most of the people pay these fee as average income is about 10,000 RM (may be even less)

i think in 1m, you wont get a decent propert ( i checked few online portals), looks like minimum is about 2M RM for the same property you pay 10k RM as rent

A lot depends on which area you want to live. But yes if you want a 3 or 4 bedroomed place in a nice location then expect to pay upwards of RM2 million. I just sold an apartment in Jalan Ampang for slightly over RM1 million and it is 1800 ft2. It's cheaper because the condo is already quite old. If I were to rent it out I could get only RM5k per month. It would be difficult to find an apartment that big for a million in such a good location. So, guess you will need to up your budget.