Indian tourist visa in Nepal

Hello,

I have the french nationality.
I have currently a 6 months Indian tourist visa.
I'm going to travel in Nepal at the end of my Indian visa, for some months.
Do you know if it is possible and easy to get a new 6 months tourist Indian visa from Kathmandu, for coming back to travel in India after my time in Nepal?

Thank you so much in advance

It is possible to request for a visa for India from Kathmandu. There is an Indian embassy in the Lazimpath area in Kathmandu, rather close to Thamel, where most tourists stay.

I am unsure about the duration of the visa you can get, I always thought this was related to what kind of visa you would get if you requested it at an Indian embassy in your home country. Could be 6 months, or more or less, no idea.

The process is not hard, but it will take you some time.
The last time I went for an Indian visa, I spend one morning waiting for applying for the visa, and a week later another morning to collect it. I was explained that this waiting period was needed for the communications needed between the Indian embassy in Nepal and the Indian embassy in my home country, for they would be the ones who had to give permission for giving me the visa.

Yes, you can go to the Indian embassy in KTM but 2 out of 3 tourists fill it out wrong and have to go back 2-3 times. It can be very frustrating.

Be sure you put a Nepali address for your temporary address. If you put your address back home you will have to come back and fill out the entire thing again and wait again. So, write the Kathmandu Guest House, Thamel or something like that. They just need a Nepal address, any Nepal address.

Thank you everybody for answers!

Hello Lady travel

If you need any kinds of help any kinds information i can provide you directly you can email  me share me issue .

[email protected]

thanks you

Hi, Ladytravel

You are asking next six months India visa from Nepal. You will get 150 days tourist visa to Nepal, for the Indian visa, you have contact Indian travel agency or contact immigration office in India near by you stay
Thank You