Looking for a job in Muscat,Oman

Hello CALIN CAMPAN,

Can you tell us in which field you are looking for eventual employment opportunities. Else, you can try your luck by posting an advert on the Jobs section of Oman Classifieds Page.

P.s. Can you please avoid cap lock lettering while posting on the forum

Best Regards

Hello Calin,

Welcome to OMAN!! I wonder if you are aware of the recent happenings in this beautiful country which has shaken the mindset of quite a few of us when we think of our future in the Gulf. Jobs for expats is hard to come by due to Omanisation, and it's going to get tougher in time to come. It is well known that in certain industries that Omanis will be given the preference which is natural. I advise you to FIND A JOB first before you embark on your trip to Oman. It won't be easy. It also depends on your career industry, as you have not mentioned it in your msg. Lots of expats have lost their jobs after completion of their contracts which have not being renewed this year due to obvious reasons, and they are packing up to go back to their own countries.

Remember, Oman has to create over 80,000 jobs for Omanis, so the time is drawing near for most expats to return to their own countries... probably in another 4-5 years it would be time to bid Adios to this wonderful paradise in the Gulf, for employees in certain industries & sectors.

Hope I was of some help. Just voicing my thoughts...

Hi CALIN CAMPAN!

Did you try posting an advert in the jobs section of Muscat classifieds? You may also post one for your accommodation > flats for rent ;)

Regards
Armand

Hello everybody,

Thank you for your advice. My name is Covadonga and I am living in Spain right now but my idea is moving to Muscat next year because my fiancee is starting to work in september. I am a Primary English Teacher, and I have some experience in Spain. For the last three years I have been working in England as a Spanish Language Assistant. I would like to know where I could find a job and if it should be easy to get one as a Spanish Teacher at any level or as an English teacher in Primary Schools in Muscat. Thank you all of you.

Hi Bagamoyo,

Things have taken a turn for the worse as far as jobs for expatriates are concerned in Oman, and more particularly here in Muscat.

There is a lot of pressure on the government to get the locals employed and reduce the nation's dependency on the huge numbers of existing expatriate workforce.

There have been many comments exchanged here recently on this very same topic.

Suggest you scan through this site to get an idea of the actual ground realities.

This is not meant to discourage you, but more so to let you be aware of the way things are moving.

Best wishes and good luck,

Sumitran

Hello Covadonga,

I'm Amparo from Valencia and I am in the same situation as you. If I find something new I am warning you.

A greeting!

Hi fellas, my name is Jibril Malik from London looking forward to move to Oman or Qatar i can assimilate to alot of job

Any suggestion???????