Obtain Vietnam Visa for Pakistani passport holders

Hi guys,

I wonder if it's possible for Pakistanis to obtain Vietnam 30-day tourist visa (the one valid for 3 months).

If not, any idea how I can travel to Vietnam? I don't mind travelling around just to obtain the Vietnam visa. I need to meet my fiancee's family and get married in December in Vietnam. You know, serious stuff.

Thanks a lot in advance.

R.

Yes

Tran Hung Dao wrote:

Yes

That's probably my shortest post when answering someone because I'm usually long-winded.  If you're reading this then that means you want more information so here you go.

Here's a website showing a list/graph of countries and their visa requirements or lack of visa requirements for Pakistani citizens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requi … i_citizens

You'll notice that Cambodia and Laos is highlighted but not Vietnam.

Here's a website showing the visa policy/relationship Vietnam has with other countries..i.e. special treatment to citizens of these countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Vietnam

Pakistan is not highlighted.

So you'll have to apply for a 3-month visa just like an American, Brit, Aussie, Indian...like everyone else.

You can go to the embassy in Islamabad to apply for a Visa...do this before you depart Pakistan.

Here's the link to the Vietnamese embassy in Pakistan
http://www.vietnamembassy-pakistan.org/ … 0328145922

Hi there,

Thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate it.

We have already dropped in the Vietnam Embassy in Islamabad, but they require an approval letter from Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This can only submitted by a sponsor from Vietnam, then from there, they will issue the approval letter. Unfortunately, my fiancee isn't working in Vietnam at the moment, so she is not eligible to apply for it.

The other option is to have an agency submitting that for us, but we are unable to find one. All the agencies we have talked to refuse to do it because of my Pakistani passport.

So, yea, that's the situation......

Oh, and I can't get visa upon arrival or even e-visa for Laos and Cambodia either. They have changed the policy, and again, it has to be submitted at the embassies in Pakistan.

ravenous wrote:

Hi there,

Thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate it.

We have already dropped in the Vietnam Embassy in Islamabad, but they require an approval letter from Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This can only submitted by a sponsor from Vietnam, then from there, they will issue the approval letter. Unfortunately, my fiancee isn't working in Vietnam at the moment, so she is not eligible to apply for it.

The other option is to have an agency submitting that for us, but we are unable to find one. All the agencies we have talked to refuse to do it because of my Pakistani passport.

So, yea, that's the situation......

Oh, and I can't get visa upon arrival or even e-visa for Laos and Cambodia either. They have changed the policy, and again, it has to be submitted at the embassies in Pakistan.

1.  Why do you need a sponsor for a tourist visa?  You might have to try an online website (those companies will sponsor you for a hefty fee).  Each year, Vietnam receives "millions" of visitors so I can't imagine every one of those visitors having to find a sponsor.

2.  Your wife is a Vietnamese citizen isn't she?  I don't think employment status has anything to do with being able to sponsor someone.  She might have to return first and do the paperwork here.

3.  Can your finance's family sponsor you?

1. Basically I don't need a sponsor for a tourist visa. But they insist not approving my tourist visa application until I get the approval letter from Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which means I need a sponsor. I suppose they just don't give tourist visa anymore, but business visa? They actually refuse to take the application until they receive the approval letter. We both are not living in our countries, me not in Pakistan and her not in Vietnam. I think that makes things more difficult. By the way, I haven't found any company that agrees to sponsor my visa application, at any cost!?

2. Yes, she has to return, and that's the problem. We both have really short leave right now, so if she takes 7-10 days to process the application from Vietnam, our stay in Vietnam will be less than a week. We need at least 2 weeks to sort out a few important things.

3. It's a long story, but no we can't expect any help from them. It's actually why we have to be back in Dec.

P/S: Appreciate your help.

There was an issue over a year ago in Danang that involved some Pakistani, Indians, Turks and Bangladeshi.  I remember my Indian friend and his staff having some problems renewing their visas b/c of this.  They all got them renewed.

Have your wife visit the Hanoi Translation Company in HCMC on the corner of Pasteur and Dong Du in District 1.  He was able to help some people.  He can also specifically say the reason why you need a sponsor letter.  Even better, she may be able to get you a 5 year exemption visa if she registered her marriage legally in Vietnam.

Best of luck.

Thanks alot kevmille. We will contact them!

Best of luck.

hi dear
i am a Pakistani national looking to get visa for Vietnam can any one refer me to any authentic agent or private person who can arrange visa approval for me ?
is this possible that i can get my visa stamped from embassy in Thailand?

Hi!
In order to get a visa to Vietnam for Pakistan people, you must have these as below:
- Sponsorship from a Vietnam citizen's relative. --> visa to visit relative
- Sponsorship from a travel agency --> tourist visa
- Sponsorship from a company/organization --> working/cooperation/studing visa.

You'll submit the documents you have to prove these above to Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs/ Department of Immigrant of Vietnam, they'll verify and provide you a kind of permission document if you're qualified.
You'll submit that document together with your passport to get a visa into Vietnam. There're lawyers to help you get through with this and get a visa right at Vietnam airport when you arrived.

:D  He posted same in various threads and banned. You want to reply in all that threads?  :)

[Moderated: No free ad]