Would like to attend the orthodox Liturgies service !

Hi everyone!

Really glad to have found this website!

I am Romanian and plan to go Mauritius this May, would like to attend the orthodox Liturgies service and was wondering whether you have any updates in re to the Greek Orthodox Church there.

Would you please share if the church is functional every Sunday, as well as their exact location/address.

Thanks a lot
Iulia

Hi Iulia,

Welcome on board :)

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Mauritius Forum for better visibility and interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

hi Julia, there is Holy Liturgy on every first and second sunday of the month at 9.30 a.m. The church is at Grand Riviere (at the entrance of Port Louis if you are coming in on the old St.Jean Road from Beau Bassin or Pointe aux Sables) right behind Garage Bala (ask any taxi driver). Just turn towards the sea at the traffic light. You can see the byzantine style dome from the main road. There is also a new website for more details including a location plan I think it is "orthodoxchurchmauritius.org" or "mauritiusorthodoxchurch.org" or something similar, just enter it and the right address will pop up, Good luck!