Move to toronto

Hi me & my wife are looking to move to Toronto we have friends there and would like to know the best way to get work and live we are from England it all seems so hard

Regards

Hi,
I live in Toronto and I will be glad to answer any questions you may have. Please contact me directly at

[email protected]

Regards,

Dr. M. Tamadon-Nejad

Hi Ruosnam - If you do have any information, please do not hesitate to share them directly on the forum. This could be useful for other members too and that the Spirit of Expat.com tho :)

Hi,
To work in Canada you need a valid work permit. Apartments rentals 1 bed $1200 to $1500, Jobs depend on education, skills etc. Finding a job in Toronto can be somewhat tedious. You need to read all ads, visit employment offices, send resumes to all relevant job offerings. There is a 8% unemployment right now in Ontario. You would probably need a car to search for a job, since Toronto is a very large city. If, however, you could give me more specific information I might be able to inform you more adequately.
Best wishes,
Ruosnam

Rousnam is right, finding work in Toronto is no simple task by any means. Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver have been the top three destinations chosen by newcomers to Canada for decades now and quite frankly they're saturated. The economic troubles that plagued the USA obviously had a much greater impact on Canada than many other nations because of the proximity and economic ties with the country so unemployment rose substantially.

Now when a job vacancy comes up you are not only competing with all the other newcomers to Canada, but also with those Canadians who also find themselves unemployed. While you may have friends there I would really suggest that you think more in terms of locating in the Province of Alberta (Calgary and Edmonton) where there is economic growth and jobs are more readily available in all sectors, not just for skilled workers. With a concrete job offer you're much more likely to obtain permanent resident status and get settled in. You can always move to Toronto at a later date once you're well established in the country. Also that would afford you the opportunity to seek alternative employment while you still have a job so there would be less urgency and you would be able to be more selective.

Visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada official government website and fill out the online information to see if you qualify for a visa:

www.cic.gc.ca/english

You can use two very good job search sites to try and find employment:

www.monster.ca      and       www.workopolis.com

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi thank you for all your replies we have friends in Markham Toronto and would be looking in that area don't mind driving we come to Toronto every year for our holidays so we know a bit about the country

Hi !
I would like to know if there are uruguayen in this blog ...sorry because my english is not good :( On the other hand I come from very small country nobody meet , Uruguay !!!!!
I like this site and appreciate the responses.
Nice day for all !!