Information about Permits / business visa

Dear reader, maybe you can help me out?

1) is it harder to get a business visa then a holiday visa? and can you extend that one as well?
2) in what ways can I get a permit?
- i have a kenya fiancee
- what permits can I get as a business owner? and do I need to have the $100.000?
- what are the specific qualifications for an agricultural permit?

Maybe you can help me out?

Hi, :) the best thing is to go to the Kenyan embassy in Netherlands, or if you're already here, go to the immigration offices in Nyayo House, you'll find all the information you need there. It would be easier to get married to your fiancée first though, the formalities become simpler.

Visas are on arrival in Kenya. Come to Kenya with your passport. Permits cost between 50,000 to 400,000 and are applied from Nairobi, Nyayo Hse. I usually do permits for staff and family
So I know the process. Let me know if you need help.

A visit /tourist visa is valid for only 3 months
For permits check immigration.go.ke
The visit visa comes first before you get permit

Hello!

I am moving to kenya next month for voluntary work. I have applied for a buisness visa and got the stamp I am now waiting for the work permit from the kenyan immigration. How long does it take? The kenyan embassy in sweden say that they dont know...

Hi,
It seems like you may not have applied for the correct visa.If you are planning to come and work(volunteer is considered as work in Kenya Unfortunately) then best apply for the work permit.You do not need a business permit.if however you are coming to volunteer through a recognized organization they would usually arrange the permit for you themselves.I do not know if you have made travel plans already  like booked a ticket etc in which case may be just get into the country using a normal visitors visa and await processing of permit.If yet booked flights then it might be better to be certain that the visa will be issued.So start the process while still in Sweden and give it some months before you consider moving to Kenya.Processing delays are common especially if there isnt anyone helping out with the progress of the process.That said ,dont be discouraged because it all depends on a case per case basis and the skill set under consideration.
good luck and welcome to Kenya
A