Need Help - English Teachers or Native Speakers

Hi,

I'm an expat from the states living in Jakarta. I currently started a web service and we need help with some of the English.  Any expats out there willing to lend a hand? Just let me know ya!

Thanks!!!!

Hello rossbach.e  and welcome to Expat.com!

Have you tried to post an advert in the section Jobs in Jakarta? It may be helpful.;)

Wish you all the best in your projects,
Harmonie.

A few details would be handy

rossbach.e wrote:

Hi,

I'm an expat from the states living in Jakarta. I currently started a web service and we need help with some of the English.  Any expats out there willing to lend a hand? Just let me know ya!

Thanks!!!!

Hello, rossbach.
Is it means you need a teacher of English?

Hi everyone,

yes we are looking for either an English teacher or a native speaker of English fmiliar with formal business English to write a summary of our days news stories as well as edit the headlines writen by our media monitoring team.  We estimate that it will take between 20-30 minutes a day and are willing to pay 1m Rupiah a month for the service. Thanks for your responses!

I've asked a friend if he's interested.
Native English teacher.
Let you know ASAP.

rossbach.e wrote:

Hi everyone,

yes we are looking for either an English teacher or a native speaker of English fmiliar with formal business English to write a summary of our days news stories as well as edit the headlines writen by our media monitoring team.  We estimate that it will take between 20-30 minutes a day and are willing to pay 1m Rupiah a month for the service. Thanks for your responses!

Aha, good luck then :)

mas fred wrote:

I've asked a friend if he's interested.
Native English teacher.
Let you know ASAP.

Great Thanks!

rossbach.e wrote:

Hi everyone,

Hi there! I'm interested in the job you posted. Although I am Asian, I'm a qualified English teacher from Singapore who is currently in Kebon Jeruk, Jakarta. Im teaching at an International School here.

Do you reckon I might be a good fit for the job that you are offering?

Regards,
Zaher

rossbach.e wrote:

Hi everyone,

Hi rossbach,
I am very much interested in working for you as a writer, I myself am an English teacher who also speaks Indonesian as a native language, furthermore I am experienced in doing translations and also currently freelancing as a proofreader for English speaking Indonesian schools.

Kind regards,
Sean

Phone  :+62819 0563 3833
E-mail :[email protected]

Hello,
     I am a native English speaker from the U.S. I'm currently living in Jakarta around the Duren Sawit area.I do not know a lot of Indonesian so I will be no good at translating but I am able to proofread, edit, summarize, etc. I'm interested in your offer if it is still available. Let me know.
    My e-mail is [email protected] and number is 08577589715. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
                                                Daniel Sandow

Dear Ross,
               Good morning ..may I get the offer with an attractive package to live there in JK?? please  contact me at  [email protected]. I am from India Chennai.

Jamal Hassan

Hi everyone. Thank you so much for your responses, we found someone soon after the original posting. If it turns out that we ever need someone new I will let you know.

THANKS!

not worth the risk without correct visa

hello,

my name is intania

ISLAMIC SCHOOL
LOOKING FOR ENGLISH NATIVE TEACHER

MOSLEM
HAVE TEACHING EXPERIENCES FOR PRIMARY & JUNIOR HIGH
LOVE CHILDREN

APPLICATION LETTER TO :
JL. OTISTA RAYA
Gg. H. MAUNG. 30. CIPUTAT
TANGERANG -SELATAN

OR

EMAIL:
[email protected]

Do you provide Kitas and legal paperwork?

No

Then it will be illegal for western people to work for you the employer must provide legal paperwork and sponsor the teacher to work here.

lukereg wrote:

Then it will be illegal for western people to work for you the employer must provide legal paperwork and sponsor the teacher to work here.

Immigration assure me, if it's part time with no formal contract or payment structure, they'll ignore it, if the native has a husband/wife sponsored KITAP.
I'm unsure they'd stand to full time working.

Perhaps toriq_amar could post more details including hours and what payment is offered.

"they'll ignore it, if the native has a husband/wife sponsored KITAP."

Fred, I think you meant to write, "foreigner" and not native, yes?

It won't be long before foreigners married to an Indonesian (for a specific number of years) and therefore eligible for KITAP are allowed the same working privileges as the locals, viz no work permit required.  The general direction that we are headed is that foreign spouses of Indonesians that have been here for a long time be granted most all the same rights as an Indonesian citizen aside from land ownership and voting rights.

Ubudian wrote:

"they'll ignore it, if the native has a husband/wife sponsored KITAP."

Fred, I think you meant to write, "foreigner" and not native, yes?

It won't be long before foreigners married to an Indonesian (for a specific number of years) and therefore eligible for KITAP are allowed the same working privileges as the locals, viz no work permit required.  The general direction that we are headed is that foreign spouses of Indonesians that have been here for a long time be granted most all the same rights as an Indonesian citizen aside from land ownership and voting rights.

In this context, "native" is the common term used to say a person is a native speaker of English.

hi.
I'm a Sinagporean living in Jakarta & looking for flexible parttime work from home, relating to transcription, translations, &/or proofreading of english articles.
I speak some Indonesian, though I won't say it's 100% perfect.

I have internet access & my own laptop though I won't consider myself a "computer" person.

Would you still be needing any help based on your ad from a year ago?

- Sarah

PS: I do NOT read or write Singlish.

[Moderated: post an advert in the Jobs in Jakarta section pls]

Hi I'm glad to know you.

I'm Indonesian, and i need to improve my english conversation. I will appreciate if you can give me some help.

Thanks
Dwi

Hii, I am from University of Indonesia, the second most reputable university in Indonesia , English major, if u still need it, feel free to email me ya to [email protected] :)

i am an english teacher in india... you can contact me any time

did u ,move to Mali

I'm a native, a British person and also native English speaker.

Ah so you are an English man born in England which is located on Britian which is part of the British Isles, and that is also known as Great Britian or the United Kingdom. The islands are near to France between the North Atlantic Ocean and the North Sea. Your language is English, not British, yet you can be British and but cannot speak Briton. You can call yourself a Briton from the British Isles born in England. You can not say you are an United Kingdomer because that does not exist and the fact we have a queen at the helm could confuse things further (United Queendom would be weird). If you have too you can also claim to be European or part of the common market to add more mischief to your identity.

I speak English but not the Queens English nor do I sound like Harry Potter. My language is from Somerset so its all rolling r's, using the verb 'be' without changing its form and dropping far too many last letters.

I like to give that reply with the aid of some maps when the students ask where is England. They won't ask again. Then when I compare it to Kalimantan being part of Borneo, they get very confused because they are not sure what or where Borneo is.

lukereg,
Now that was even confusing to myself...

I am glad that can not be said about me LOL.... I am just a plain old American who was born and raised to speak English.

But we do have our own branding of it depending if you from the north , west coast, east coast or south lol
:)

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of services and commercial links not allowed.

Hello, I am moving to Indonesia in a few years, 2-3 at the most,  and I would love to teach English as I learn Bahasha.  Could you give any real advice and if I could help you in some way I'd love to.   :)

are you still looking for someone?

Digitarius wrote:

Hello, I am moving to Indonesia in a few years, 2-3 at the most,  and I would love to teach English as I learn Bahasha.  Could you give any real advice and if I could help you in some way I'd love to.   :)

You'll need to be a degree holding, non drug addict, healthy, teacher with a minimum of five years experience, who is probably under 60 years of age.

Hi,

Still need help in that department? :)

-Mars-

Hello

I'm from Canada, and I live in Surabaya
Happy to help once I know a few details
Look forward to hearing from you

Regards,Wayne

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : If you have a job offer, please drop an advert in the jobs section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,

I'm a native English speaker from London, and I'll be relocating to Jakarta.

I'm looking for any freelance work, especially writing based.

I'd be very interested in this project, especially if is ongoing.

Regards,
David

david_denfield wrote:

Hi,

I'm a native English speaker from London, and I'll be relocating to Jakarta.

I'm looking for any freelance work, especially writing based.

I'd be very interested in this project, especially if is ongoing.

Regards,
David

Perhaps it would be a good time to mention this is probably illegal, could get you a large fine, possibly prison time and deported.
That changes if you have a wife sponsored KITAP.