New members of the Kenya forum, introduce yourself here

Hi Fracisco, que tal? try to have a look on www.lamudi.co.ke, you'll find your dream house there, i guarantee you. I have a question though... how could you get a job in UN? I've been trying and trying but nothing at all. You can go to see my profile and maybe an advice from you would help me. Thanks
best of luck

Hi Francisco, :) If you're working for the U.N. find a place to buy/rent in Runda, Whispers, Rosslyn, or Muthaiga, they're all pretty close to one another, especially Runda and Whispers so people who don't know the area tend to confuse. If you're looking for a more family oriented place to live in then those four are fine. Karen is great too, but that would be too far from the U.N. headquarters. I've lived in Runda for 9 years and I have family and friends who've lived/still live in those estates, so I'm speaking from firsthand experience, and also, it would be better for you to go house-hunting when you're in the country, or use Knight Frank, or Villa Care. I still think seeing first is better.

Now, I know of schools that cater to foreign children, i.e., French School, German School, etc., but I don't know of any that cater to Spanish/Italian speaking children (I'll research for you though) However, if you intend to teach your son English, then there are great schools around like Montessori for children aged 2 1/2-6 years, Rosslyn Academy (in Rosslyn), I.S.K., Potterhouse School (in Runda), I.C.K., Brookhouse, Nairobi Academy, Braeburn in Garden Estate, etc. etc. I have friends who have been to all schools mentioned and my cousin takes her 2 year old to Montessori, I've been to Potterhouse myself by the way.

They're close to Village Market, Sarit Center, and it doesn't take long to go into the C.B.D., so it's great. And there's a lot of nature too (right behind our house there's what I like to call a mini forest)

If you need help, more information, don't hesitate to call: +254704324346 or email: [email protected]

Good Day, :)

Hey welcome..... from the UK but been here for 14months... need help etc ping me...... karibu

Hi guys,
My name is Rehmat, but people call me Roma. I own a Construction Company in Kenya, still pretty new so looking to grow it.
I am also an active Social Worker and love to serve the needy.

I am researcher. I need gather limited information about individuals who are expat in Kenya. Can I ask you some limited question? Thanks in advance.

Hi...i need to meet new friends in kenya.......hope to hear from you...i do professional marketing.....

hi dear check out vacant apartments at ole odume valley acarde and their is a near by school called montessori school

[Moderated: pls post an advert in the housing section]

and learn some swahili with an expert

Hi everyone  anzum here dont really know where to start. Am a kenyan male intrested in joining cycling club am not that good but i like cycling

Hi Jane,

Congrats on what looks like a fabulous life in Essex.
I will be moving to Nairobi on May 3rd, and plan on staying put for a while.
My husband is Indian, I am French, we lived in New Delhi, London and New York before moving to East Africa (we are now in Kampala).
We have a 3.5 yr old daughter and a 1-yr old son.

I would love to connect with you and share more if you are still around when we arrive in May.

All the best,

Severine

hey        am in kenya and kenya is a good country have peace annd unity but iwant to move out and work to ibnvest in kenya

Eve77 wrote:

Hello!!! I will be in Nairobi in a month. Bit nervous about the move but hoping to be just fine..:-) i am from Spain. I've been in Kenya already but just on holidays and its a beautiful place with even more beautiful people...and extremely interesting. Anyways,see u soon.

Hae eve am a lady from kenya and would like to be your friend write to me on my email: [email protected]

mariam139 wrote:

Hi am a housewife moved here from the UK would like to meet other expats.... one thing about moving is you can bring everything over but not your friends it hard to make friends all over again especially because i don't work but hopefully via this site it will be easier :)

hae mariam am a kenyan gal looking for friends if you like we can be friends

Hej David Safari.
Do you need anybody like my for your Scandinavian guests.
Please let me hear. I'm moving tli kenya, and i'm looking for a job.
I grew up i tanzania and visisted serengeti, masaimara and those places alot

I'm a male nurse who have been working at a neurological Ward in Denmark for 2 years after my education. I moving to Nairobi i July, and looking for a job. I do not only look for job i health care, i am open for almost anything. I grew in Tanzania as a kid and still remember alot of that. I love to work with groups of people og development-project. Because off my education as af nurse, i'm very service-mained, so tours in danish an such stuff is also possibillity. My plan is to stay on a longer term og live out my dream, so volunteer work is not really an option for my, unless there i some sort og salary.. Please let my hear if you know anyone who would be interested, I hope to se some of you "expats" when i get back to Kenya

Hi Jane.
Are you in Kenya yet.

Hi everyone. am new here and would like to make new friends. Am good company so you won't regret my friendship :-) cheers

My name Is Gianni, I am 58 and I am Italian. I am living in Kenya since last December even though I have been in Kenya for 6 months in 2002.
I am living in a religious community and I should help some young boys to have work in order to maintain themselves during the period they pass in Kenya for religious formation,
I started some craft activities (work that I have done during the 16 years I have lived in Africa: Uganda Kenya, Congo, Nigeria, Cameroun):  curving, production and repair of guitars and musical instruments, repair and re-building new bicycles with 2nd hand spare parts and bamboo bicycle.
Even though we are at the beginning, we have already produced something that we have to sell......
So, I can say that my subscription as a new member of this blog is interested.... In other words I am trying to make our products known and maybe some of you could be interested.
If so, you can reply to me and we can gen in contact....
Thanks for listening.... Gianni

Hello lady how are you I hope you are fine.

Hi,am eve.am a Kenyan living in Kenya.am a housewife and also do baby sitting jobs.i live in Nanyuki.

Hi Eve, welcome to Kenya. If you need to know more about Kenya am there for you. would you like to learn Swahili? I will help you. you can email me [email protected].   Karibu Kenya.

Hi
First time i have some one from nanyuki in expatblog.am from the same town but at the moment i live in reunion island.
Welcome aboard!!
Which place in nanyuki do you live?

well i am shirley just relocated to mombasa and id love to make friends here in mombasa i also work in a hotel doing some sales and marketting and can hook you up with best hotels on affordable prices to those of you guys who are planning to visit Mombasa.I know how lonely it can be in a new place am going through that myself.So holla for coffee and il be here for those who will want to explore mombasa as am doing some exploring myself too.Stay safe!

Im Stellarosa   :D from Nairobi,Kenya.
I'm crazy about wine and coffee,music,food ,fashionand travelling,am always down for any activity involving the above.
Let  be friends,am a helpful,bundle of energy little miss know it all :par:

Hi I am Trust very new here in Nairobi so would would like to make friends with someone who can show me around.

Hi Ackson > A longer introduction would be appreciated as the topic is "New members of the Kenya forum, introduce yourself here". ;)

Thank you,
Christine

I am a professional SWAHILI tutor..can teach you Swahili

Hi.
I would like to know more about that and I have been looking for a proffessional tutor but have not found one..

what are your charges.

Hi everyone Sara here. looking forward to meeting and making new friends here :)

hi sarah,hope u good.we can be friends and catch up sometime..Edna

I did send you a mail in regard to your post but you did not get back to me.

Kindly send me your charges or email me on [email protected]

Well hi ya'll. I grew up in the U.S. my family is grown and I found the love of my life 7 years ago. She grew up in Kenya then moved to Greece.  She came to the U.S. 9 years ago. I have spent time in Greece and Kenya visiting her family. I have been in the airline industry the last 12 years. (Have lived in 7 diff states in those 12 years) Before that spent 10 years managing a Sod farm. And before that managed in the restaurant industry for 20 years. I fell in love with Nairobi when visiting there. Love the outdoors and the culture,  as well as the food.
Recieved a call about my inlaws health and after talking it over, we need to move to take care of her parents.
So this is where I'm at right now. Im not sure how to start looking for jobs and what im going to need to work there. I have a good idea of where we will look to live, but that's about it. So I thought i would join here to start getting a feel.

Hi!
My name is Amanda and Im from Sweden. Im moving to Nairobi in July and will work on my master thesis. Im gonna stay until september!

Hi everyone,
I arrived in Nairobi 15 months ago for a short contract, and I'm leaving in July. I have nice things to sell ( car, household appliances, playground items for Kids ( trampoline, swing, Monkey barre, tree house, bikes...) , flower pots and more.
If you are interested, please send me a massage.
Camer3

Hi Maureen
Am an Expat and just 2 months old in Mombasa. basically I come from Mumbai, India.

I stay at Nyali and am looking to make friends.

Let me know if you are interested

Do you have beds for sale as well and if yes which type?

welcome to kenya

Have done clearing, forwarding and shipping management. Am in Mombasa looking for a job but I don't have a work permit so its been hard to find it. Am from Zambia. What's the best way to get a work permit so I can apply for work? Please help me will greatly appreciate.

Hello Eve,
Encantado de conocerte,
I am working in Nairobi. Just moved some weeks ago, but I have already been here before.
Please feel free to contact me if you have questions about this city or just to socialize.

Agur,
Emilio

Closed