Credit Cards

Does anyone know of any credit cards in Bahrain with no annual fee?
I'm finding my Visa debit card isn't accepted for a number of things and it never seems to work online either.

Thanks

Hi Stakan
There are a number of banks that issue credit cards without annual fees. Of those that do charge an annual fee, some of them may waive the fees if your spend levels are good and the bank thinks you are a good customer.

When selecting a card, make sure to inquire about the benefits of the card. Some of them give you access to airport lounges in the region, for instance.

Assuming you are with HSBC as their Debit Cards don't work online either. If you want to stick with HSBC, you can get their Advance account for 5BD a month, which also comes with a Credit Card and some preferential rates should you need to apply for a loan in the future.

American Express Gold Card, which is 35BD per year if I am not wrong, gives you access to airport lounges in the region. You might find the acceptance of the Card in some shops an issue but it is widely accepted in general.

Visit List of Banks in Bahrain on Wikipedia and check each bank's website to see if there is a product suits your needs.

Thanks guys.