Looking for good residential repair contractor

Hi, my husband and I have moved into an older villa. The owner has a contractor that we are supposed to use for repairs but he won't answer calls or show up, and the owner is not being helpful.  We have a list of plumbing issues, mainly leaks, that we have  tried to repair ourselves but not a lot of success. Also some electrical issues needing repair eg outlets not working.

Can anyone recommend a contractor that could do a decent job for plumbing and also one for electrical ?

shantenn wrote:

Hi, my husband and I have moved into an older villa. The owner has a contractor that we are supposed to use for repairs but he won't answer calls or show up, and the owner is not being helpful.  We have a list of plumbing issues, mainly leaks, that we have  tried to repair ourselves but not a lot of success. Also some electrical issues needing repair eg outlets not working.

Can anyone recommend a contractor that could do a decent job for plumbing and also one for electrical ?

I will suggest you to change your residence as maintenance is the major concern in an old villa. This is however the primary responsibility of the owner to furbish all the maintenance / plumbing / other needs before handing over the villa to the tenant. In your case, it seems that the owner is quite irresponsible or not willing to pay for any sort of work.

There are lots of individual plumbers / workers available around, however if you're looking for a separate contractor, you might have to lose a considerable amount.

I can provide you a couple of workers gsm numbers who do the plumbing and maintenance jobs. If you wish, then inbox me for the details.

Thanks for the information. These issues have arisen after we moved in, and we found a good repairman last week, we are going to deduct the cost of the repairs from our next rent.  Thanks again for replying.

shantenn wrote:

Thanks for the information. These issues have arisen after we moved in, and we found a good repairman last week, we are going to deduct the cost of the repairs from our next rent.  Thanks again for replying.

You're most welcome. That's a pretty nice decision to deduct the cost of repair from the rent.

Be careful in any future maintenance works.

regards,